Jump to content

Harsin Drama Megathread


TitanTiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I didn't take a pot shot. I said what I said. Do you know what a pot shot mean? I did not do a single subliminal at you.

Yes I do.  It is a random criticism.  Which is what that was.  The only thing you had to say from my post was that Gus was my hero, which isn't true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites





1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I'm not trying to protect Gus or stick up for him.  I was really trying to isolate Harsin and his lack of desire to do much outside the confines of the football complex & Xs and Os.  Relationships and understanding your players seems to be lacking & there's a solid section of the team that didn't like it.  Some are OK with it.

Can we get enough players that don't need/want that with a HC?  Unknown

We also don’t know that if the players completed what they were responsible for doing Harsin may have been exactly what they needed. In other words once discipline brought them around the relationship may have “warmed up” some. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, abw0004 said:

Yes I do.  It is a random criticism.  Which is what that was.  The only thing you had to say from my post was that Gus was my hero, which isn't true.

How is it random when Gus was in the context of your post. There is no denying you have an affinity for Gus the same way you had for Bo since you want to go down this lane. I can tell you this, you were a lot more apologetic for Gus then you have ever been for CBH. Now, you are going to say " Well I have info that you don't have, which may change your mind." I think that such a cop out. You have your mind made up based on your secret society discussion. That is cool, but don't throw rocks then hide your hand. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm not trying to protect Gus or stick up for him.  I was really trying to isolate Harsin and his lack of desire to do much outside the confines of the football complex & Xs and Os.  Relationships and understanding your players seems to be lacking & there's a solid section of the team that didn't like it.  Some are OK with it.

Can we get enough players that don't need/want that with a HC?  Unknown

Thank you.  This was the same point I was making in my original comment this morning, I just used specific people as examples.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Yes I do.  It is a random criticism.  Which is what that was.  The only thing you had to say from my post was that Gus was my hero, which isn't true.

You see? You have to start looking at all perspectives. You have to see how interjecting then saying I can't talk on it will rub the wrong way. 

I'll admit I can't tell if you really be sincere and don't see things you do sometimes or if you are trolling. I want to give you benefit of doubt but sometimes it's hard

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

We also don’t know that if the players completed what they were responsible for doing Harsin may have been exactly what they needed. In other words once discipline brought them around the relationship may have “warmed up” some. 

So all the players that transferred were discipline issues and didn't work hard....when not a single one has said anything about the work being too hard

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You see? You have to start looking at all perspectives. You have to see how interjecting then saying I can't talk on it will rub the wrong way. 

I'll admit I can't tell if you really be sincere and don't see things you do sometimes or if you are trolling. I want to give you benefit of doubt but sometimes it's hard

giphy.gif

Edited by DAG
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And I don't want a single person to say, I haven't been critical of CBH leadership skills. I have been out front using examples based on rumors as to how I think CBH missed a potential opportunity with Kobe. My problem is when people claim to be objective then won't back it up with information.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

We also don’t know that if the players completed what they were responsible for doing Harsin may have been exactly what they needed. In other words once discipline brought them around the relationship may have “warmed up” some. 

As Dye said "you can coach em just as hard as you're willing to love em."  You've got to build the relationship first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, drɘxɘl said:

As Dye said "you can coach em just as hard as you're willing to love em."  You've got to build the relationship first.

BALANCE, BALANCE, BALANCE. It would seem the previous two coaches both lacked it. Anyway Hugh Freeze.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DAG said:

How is it random when Gus was in the context of your post. There is no denying you have an affinity for Gus the same way you had for Bo since you want to go down this lane. I can tell you this, you were a lot more apologetic for Gus then you have ever been for CBH.

Ah, you are now saying when Gus was head coach.  If you are saying that, then yes it is true.  I specifically said though when Gus left I became a supporter of Harsin, and you claimed I haven't been doing that.  And I agree I was more sympathetic with Gus than Harsin.

 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Now, you are going to say " Well I have info that you don't have, which may change your mind." I think that such a cop out. You have your mind made up based on your secret society discussion. That is cool, but don't throw rocks then hide your hand. 

It isn't a cop out at all.  I am trying to help out by saying there are things that are true that I am saying.  We were specifically asked to keep this information over on that side so I am respecting that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

...I had been all Harsin since he was hired until about two weeks ago when this all started.  It was kind of out of left field.

The story behind 'Why always me?'

Edited by Leftfield
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, abw0004 said:

Ah, you are now saying when Gus was head coach.  If you are saying that, then yes it is true.  I specifically said though when Gus left I became a supporter of Harsin, and you claimed I haven't been doing that.  And I agree I was more sympathetic with Gus than Harsin.

 

It isn't a cop out at all.  I am trying to help out by saying there are things that are true that I am saying.  We were specifically asked to keep this information over on that side so I am respecting that.

Think about this logical. Take away Auburn. Let's say we are discussing Lebron

I say I like lebron and here is why, I point to A, B and C

Then you chime in and say : No I don't like Lebron

I ask why: 

you say: "I have my reasons but I can't tell you. Also, if you knew what I knew you would probably change your mind on your opinion."

 

You don't see how that looks? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You see? You have to start looking at all perspectives. You have to see how interjecting then saying I can't talk on it will rub the wrong way. 

I'll admit I can't tell if you really be sincere and don't see things you do sometimes or if you are trolling. I want to give you benefit of doubt but sometimes it's hard

I completely understand how that will rub the wrong way, and even though it may come across that way, it isn't my goal to hold something above someone's head and say "try to get it."

What I am trying to do is allude to things without outright saying it so I don't break rules but still at the same time guide people to correct answers that can't give money to the forum.  Times are hard with the pandemic so I get it.  I want to be helpful to you guys because I enjoy this forum.  I enjoy your posts too.  What I am doing is trying to help people catch my drift.  Does that make sense of how my mind works?  :lol: 

Edited by abw0004
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is Auburn really about to get rid of Harsin without cause? This has the potential to be the equivalent of the “death penalty” for this program. 

For those saying it isn’t PTB this time…please give us any reason why we should believe you because there is NOTHING out there that would point to them not being the reason.
 

The same guys who have pulled the strings for decades and ran a failed coup just a year ago are no longer? The guys who were angry that they had no say in the hiring of Harsin are suddenly fine after a losing season?

The same guys who crave power more than anything because they’ve got so much money it doesn’t bring them anymore happiness…don’t crave power anymore?

This is insanity. Somebody please make some sense. I don’t want likes, dislikes, trophies. Somebody please just make some damn sense of it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Pat Fossum said:

Is Auburn really about to get rid of Harsin without cause? This has the potential to be the equivalent of the “death penalty” for this program. 

For those saying it isn’t PTB this time…please give us any reason why we should believe you because there is NOTHING out there that would point to them not being the reason.
 

The same guys who have pulled the strings for decades and ran a failed coup just a year ago are no longer? The guys who were angry that they had no say in the hiring of Harsin are suddenly fine after a losing season?

The same guys who crave power more than anything because they’ve got so much money it doesn’t bring them anymore happiness…don’t crave power anymore?

This is insanity. Somebody please make some sense. I don’t want likes, dislikes, trophies. Somebody please just make some damn sense of it.

Apparently, you got to pay to get this information.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Think about this logical. Take away Auburn. Let's say we are discussing Lebron

I say I like lebron and here is why, I point to A, B and C

Then you chime in and say : No I don't like Lebron

I ask why: 

you say: "I have my reasons but I can't tell you. Also, if you knew what I knew you would probably change your mind on your opinion."

 

You don't see how that looks? 

I understand your point.

What I don't agree with is my original post this morning did not do that.  I gave my point of view and gave examples of why that may be the case.  And all you took from that was "Gus is your hero."  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I understand your point.

What I don't agree with is my original post this morning did not do that.  I gave my point of view and gave examples of why that may be the case.  And all you took from that was "Gus is your hero."  

Because who cares about Gus at this moment? You guys kill me. If one of us bring up Gus, the other side would be saying "WHY YOU BRINGING UP GUS." Gus has no bearing on this CBH situation at all. Gus FAILED HERE. His way of working did not work here either, so there is no need to even have that compare and contrast. To me it was just another reason to bring up Gus.

Edited by DAG
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

And I don't want a single person to say, I haven't been critical of CBH leadership skills. I have been out front using examples based on rumors as to how I think CBH missed a potential opportunity with Kobe. My problem is when people claim to be objective then won't back it up with information.

That's Classified GIFs | Tenor

#donorboard

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

What I am trying to do is allude to things

You gotta just stop that.

Really.  I have access to the donor board and it's annoying.  I can't imagine how annoyed the ppl who don't have access are.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, wcware said:

Skinny Jeans. Skinny jeans are to blame for everything, period. 

Sorry you can't pull them off

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Pat Fossum said:

Is Auburn really about to get rid of Harsin without cause? This has the potential to be the equivalent of the “death penalty” for this program. 

For those saying it isn’t PTB this time…please give us any reason why we should believe you because there is NOTHING out there that would point to them not being the reason.
 

The same guys who have pulled the strings for decades and ran a failed coup just a year ago are no longer? The guys who were angry that they had no say in the hiring of Harsin are suddenly fine after a losing season?

The same guys who crave power more than anything because they’ve got so much money it doesn’t bring them anymore happiness…don’t crave power anymore?

This is insanity. Somebody please make some sense. I don’t want likes, dislikes, trophies. Somebody please just make some damn sense of it.

There is no sense to make. The same basic group that put AU's accreditation in jeopardy 20 years ago is getting crap started all over again. You hit the nail on the head. They have all the money they want so they are only looking for power and for someone to stroke their ego. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...