Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

@wcwarethis is a direct shot at you for bashing new balances

I can’t imagine what size New Balances that giant yellow bird wears. I saw his feet on TV when I was a kid

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Playoffs?! said:

Back to why I support CBH - we need a coach that is willing to outwork every team in the SEC because we sure as hell can’t out recruit them. 

We’re going to out-culture Georgia, Alabama, and A&M for championships?

Are we also going to be the national champions of life every year? 

• Haha 1

Everything else aside, 

Perhaps my biggest beef/worry with Harsin has been with recruiting. "sources" have been saying that Harsin wasn't really a hard nose recruiter, that he maybe wanted to stick to the Xs and Os side of things more than the personnel and recruiting side, which may be great at a place like Boise where you are a well known, top G5 school that's competing against nobodies for 2 and low 3 star players, but it doesn't work at Auburn.

"Developing lower rated guys" is great for small schools and basement dwellers, but you can't compete at the top unless you are consistently bringing in the BEST players and then developing on top of their already impressive skills. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I disagree.  You hire an elite coach and you can rebuild pretty quickly with the portal.  See Michigan State.

And recruits and assistant coaches were avoiding Harsin like the plague

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Are you comparing yourself to PTB, now?

No I am not...  What makes you think I am comparing myself to him?

6 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I think that is why he will dig in. It’s his only tenable career path.

Nah he could speak with the board and acknowledge his short comings, like booster relations and interpersonal skills. Actually make an effort to improve. But that doesn’t seem to be within his personality. 

Just now, abw0004 said:

No I am not...  What makes you think I am comparing myself to him?

You alluded to no one believing him either. My assumption would be you feel that way. Either way, I am over it man. If you want to push the donor side that's cool. I will simply just add to the ignore.

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I disagree.  You hire an elite coach and you can rebuild pretty quickly with the portal.  See Michigan State.

Oh, elite coach.  That should be easy enough.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I agree that an elite coach could turn things around, but those who hold the purse strings don't seem care about that (hence Kevin Steele), and I don't even know if an elite coach would come here, no matter how much money is offered.

Just now, caleb1633 said:

I agree that an elite coach could turn things around, but those who hold the purse strings don't seem care about that (hence Kevin Steele), and I don't even know if an elite coach would come here, no matter how much money is offered.

I refuse to believe CKS is a viable option.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Don’t even need an “elite” coach. Just a competent coach that can tackle our roster mismanagement and weakness by recruiting and using our NIL stockpile. 

All Harsin had to do this year is prove that he hang with the big boys in the SEC and fix our roster mismanagement. 

Just now, SRBautigerfan said:

He’s going to be the safe and easy hire.  I hate it.

Honestly that would be Karma to the tenth degree, but I can't see it being a reality.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

Nah he could speak with the board and acknowledge his short comings, like booster relations and interpersonal skills. Actually make an effort to improve. But that doesn’t seem to be within his personality. 

To do what you suggest he would have to stay and work through it which is what I meant by “dig in”.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Taco said:

Don’t even need an “elite” coach. Just a competent coach that can tackle our roster mismanagement and weakness by recruiting and using our NIL stockpile. 

All Harsin had to do this year is prove that he hang with the big boys in the SEC and fix our roster mismanagement. 

Instead he drove it into the ditch.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Steele hates our fanbase so he’s not even a viable option at this point. Like I’ve said on the board, somebody can pin this or take a screenshot 

I will eat shoes/socks for a whole month if Kevin Steele is named our next head coach. 

Just now, Taco said:

Steele hates our fanbase so he’s not even a viable option at this point. Like I’ve said on the board, somebody can pin this or take a screenshot 

I will eat shoes/socks for a whole month if Kevin Steele is named our next head coach. 

And our fanbase hates him. Why would he come here? It just doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

If we're at a place where we can't even get Kevin Steele, then we're even more screwed than I thought.

3 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

He’s going to be the safe and easy hire.  I hate it.

Devil’s advocate for a second. He would be a place holder for 1-2 years. It gives the AD, or whoever, an opportunity to find the right guy long term, because the right hire wouldn’t accept this job now. If Steele brings some stability to the position, you might could lure a home run hire after next season. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

If we're at a place where we can't even get Kevin Steele, then we're even more screwed than I thought.

It is not about can't. I doubt he is even a thought. Just my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

We know that some boosters like him. That gives me pause... but surely they aren’t that stupid