Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, zeroforwinger said:

Cole Cubelic reported they offered Harsin a buyout and he turned it down. 

Offered him a buy out ? Doesn’t he have a buy out? Why don’t they just fire him and pay the man what they originally negotiated if they want him gone 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

I pray that if the personal stuff isn't true that he refuses to quit or take their negotiations! 

• Like 4

Just now, GAAubie said:

I pray that if the personal stuff isn't true that he refuses to quit or take their negotiations! 

They wouldn’t be negotiating anything if they had the leverage,

if what is reported is true 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

That article assumes a lot and gets a lot wrong. 

Malzahn was here for nearly a decade and was bought out. Recruiting was going downhill and the program was stagnant. 

Chizik was let go because the program was a chaotic mess with criminal results and a record bad year. 

Bowden quit. His team was quitting on him and the program was on a downward trajectory. 

The facts on Harsin aren't out yet. If it does turn out that this is a smear campaign to bargain down a buyout, I hope Harsin fights it right out into the open. But I don't know that's the case. Putting aside the recent drama, Harsin was on a bad trajectory. Coordinators, coaches and players don't run out the door like they have because they're afraid of hard work. Recruiting and selling your program is part of a seven figure salary, and Harsin wasn't doing much of either. With what we have to work with and the direction recruiting appears to be going, we're going to still be struggling to get our heads above water in year three...which doesn't bode well for a coach who has pretty much distanced himself from the school he works for. 

None of the above means he shouldn't get the chance to turn things around, but we'll see how this plays out. If this is more jetgate shenanigans, Harsin seems like the kind of guy more than willing to fight it. But I'm not going to act like this is "the Auburn way". That's just BS. 

Yeah, no one bats an eye when Florida fires two coaches the year after they went to the SEC Championship.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep I am thinking that too. Why do I feel like CBH is such a hard ass he is going to fight for all of his buyout money?

I could see that, but I think the absolute clearing of his name is gonna be his priority as well.  Both sides need to get the best possible PR out of this that they can.

You can almost get used to crazy if you’re around it enough.

Im trying to let this this sink in. If there’s no cause, it’s simply “we’re not happy with how you’re doing your job” stuff... We’re looking at firing a coach after one year and writing a (another) check for almost $20m.(almost the tuition of 2.000 in state students).. Then, do an interim thing and maybe reload with a familiar, tired name down the road.

Kirby and saban must be terrified of that strategy.

My older son goes to mercer.   I may need to switch to them for a decade. Yes they suck, but damn it feels …. peaceful.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 3

This fiasco appears to have begun with accusations of Harsin being involved in an improper relationship with a female personal assistant, then the narrative changed to issues caused by him having an abrasive personality toward players and coaches, followed by accusations him exhibiting some potentially racist behavior toward players, and now it's come full circle back to him being involved in another improper relationship with yet another female staff member.  I have yet to see any of the traditional outside media sources report even a scintilla  of evidence to support any of these issues, and until I see that, I will continue to believe that this is just the same JABA business as usual.  If (there's that word again) in fact JABA business as usual, Auburn doesn't deserve to have a good football team, and probably won't have one until these issues are resolved.  I hope that someone will diplomatically set me straight if they feel that I've missed anything.  I hope and pray that I'm dead wrong in my assessment of the current situation, but I just haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe that this chapter or even the next one ends any differently than the previous few chapters.  WDE!!!

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

never take the first offer, they always say... for some reason I am sure Auburn tried to get off cheap.

• Dislike 1

29 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

If he thinks he didn't do anything wrong then I can see that. This whole thing is a sh**show

I would too If I was him and did nothing fireable...I would tell AU to go pound sand and get every penny... I change my tune if he has done something worthy of being fired

3 minutes ago, gctiger said:

This fiasco appears to have begun with accusations of Harsin being involved in an improper relationship with a female personal assistant, then the narrative changed to issues caused by him having an abrasive personality toward players and coaches, followed by accusations him exhibiting some potentially racist behavior toward players, and now it's come full circle back to him being involved in another improper relationship with yet another female staff member.  I have yet to see any of the traditional outside media sources report even a scintilla  of evidence to support any of these issues, and until I see that, I will continue to believe that this is just the same JABA business as usual.  If (there's that word again) in fact JABA business as usual, Auburn doesn't deserve to have a good football team, and probably won't have one until these issues are resolved.  I hope that someone will diplomatically set me straight if they feel that I've missed anything.  I hope and pray that I'm dead wrong in my assessment of the current situation, but I just haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe that this chapter or even the next one ends any differently than the previous few chapters.  WDE!!!

It’s definitely suspicious that the claims keep shifting from one thing to the next. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I could see that, but I think the absolute clearing of his name is gonna be his priority as well.  Both sides need to get the best possible PR out of this that they can.

I would try to get every single cent owed to me. That would be my way of clearing my name. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

Honestly, if I were from Boise and they just cut my legs out from underneath me while I was on vaca, then told me they would give me $15 mil to walk away, hard to stick around where you aren't liked. 

They used former players and social media to set this up and propagate it.  Shameful. This is worse than jetgate.

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We can make all this go away through rebranding. I heard when you end up with unmitigate-ble PR disasters, you can just change your name to Meta. Meta University (MU doesn't sound like a cow college either).

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Honestly, if I were from Boise and they just cut my legs out from underneath me while I was on vaca, then told me they would give me $15 mil to walk away, hard to stick around where you aren't liked. 

They used former players and social media to set this up and propagate it.  Shameful. This is worse than jetgate.

I guess we will have to wait and see...I keep hearing about this info from the other side waiting to proof such things.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUx said:

We can make all this go away through rebranding. I heard when you end up with unmitigate-ble PR disasters, you can just change your name to Meta. Meta University (MU doesn't sound like a cow college either).

Exactly. We gotta get rid of this s*** 

DE534547-E3BD-4C74-94F6-084B24104CA5.png

And stick with these.

4B2C223B-1478-4E76-B3C2-6D534C6CF6FA.png

E8357806-AFFD-4598-AF25-A6C3A624FFB2.png

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Fair enough.  My apologies to all if I have ended up hurting more than helping with how I went about it.  @cole256, @DAG this includes you as well.  I would never intentionally try to make you feel bad for not being a donor.  I had good intentions.

It's really nothing to do with the board it's how you word stuff. You have at times made it don't question an insider, you may challenge something then say you can't talk about it, even the thing you just had with dag with the love Gus, is that any different when you did your Bo can't hurt you thing with me? 

It just come across as you can do it but don't think someone can do it to you, as if you're better than or something. Which like I said sometimes it seems like accident but other times like you know exactly what you are doing.....I don't know but I'm trying to say if you look form the other pov maybe you will see better.

But that's just my opinion. Of course you don't have to listen one way or the other.

Edited by cole256

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Exactly. We gotta get rid of this s*** 

DE534547-E3BD-4C74-94F6-084B24104CA5.png

Perhaps...

Btw graphic design is my passion

received_477305547465304.webp

Edited by JBiGGiE
  • Haha 2

Guest MustardSeed

If Harsin has done some terrible firable offense, then so be it and he’ll get what he deserves. However with the constantly moving goalpost that seems no highly unlikely.

If however this turns out to be Harsin being fired without cause after one year and his name drug through the mud like this, then AU football should not have any fans left. I for one will be 10000% done and will not support AU football ever again unless the PTB that keep doing this are called to account

And I don’t care what rumors people “behind the pay wall” claim.  The whole idea of secret info you have to pay for is right in line with the PTB screwing with everyone and no better. Give me actual evidence or get lost.  
I am however thankful that I just cancelled my Slingtv last week and donated the money to an actual good cause. I won’t have to worry about needing to watch something. I’ll be able to focus on things that actually matter. ✌️

13 hours ago, AU-24 said:

This is what was posted earlier:

2. The rumor about an affair of some kind is unfortunately true. She is/was an assistantto Coach Mason. Connectthose dots. I hate it.

Everybody...please read the whole post. I said this is what a source told me. I personally didn't say it because I don't know it to be true just like a lot of posters don't know what they are posting to be true. My bad for the confusion I guess. In any event I'm through with it and will just sit back and wait for the truth to hopefully unfold.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 3