2023 Men's Recruiting Thread

Dunndone414

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I believe Stretch and Flanigan are seniors so need to be replaces plus we didn't use one scholarship this year so we should have at least 3 available.  Could be more. 

I thought per ncaa findings on the Person scandal we lose 1 scholarship bc of it this upcoming recruiting period. 

am I wrong about this? 

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

I thought per ncaa findings on the Person scandal we lose 1 scholarship bc of it this upcoming recruiting period. 

am I wrong about this? 

Total we lose 2. Last year we forfeited one and I believe we have forfeited one this year also. Which should mean we can have all of our scholarships available for next year. That is the best of my memory but I am getting older so won't swear to it.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Total we lose 2. Last year we forfeited one and I believe we have forfeited one this year also. Which should mean we can have all of our scholarships available for next year. That is the best of my memory but I am getting older so won't swear to it.

Exactly. Bruce explained this a few months ago.

12 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I believe Stretch and Flanigan are seniors so need to be replaces plus we didn't use one scholarship this year so we should have at least 3 available.  Could be more. 

We obviously need more. I'm asking can we expect to land more? If we suddenly can't recruit because we're just that poor, well then why even bother having an athletics program (or at least, being in the SEC)?

• Facepalm 3
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, AUwent said:

We obviously need more. I'm asking can we expect to land more? If we suddenly can't recruit because we're just that poor, well then why even bother having an athletics program (or at least, being in the SEC)?

We just signed a class with 2 top 100 recruits and probably the best big man transfer available. And we just had a top 50 recruit commit to us and he is a PG. There is zero reason to be concerned with bball recruiting. So WTH are you going on about?

• Like 5

9 hours ago, gravejd said:

We just signed a class with 2 top 100 recruits and probably the best big man transfer available. And we just had a top 50 recruit commit to us and he is a PG. There is zero reason to be concerned with bball recruiting. So WTH are you going on about?

You're right. I'm mainly just venting at the belief/possibility that we're helplessly broke with NIL.

Edited by AUwent

8 minutes ago, AUwent said:

You're right. I'm mainly just venting at the belief/possibility that we're helplessly broke with NIL.

Go do it somewhere else. And not the baseball board either. Sheesh.

Eeyore GIFs | Tenor

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Wrong............... your hopeless 

So those saying NIL is the reason we're doing so bad in football recruiting are wrong? I agree that it seems like our athletics department outside of football is doing damn good right now, but if we were to suppose they are correct, then that would change before too much longer. That, or football being the only sport that's struggling is a hopeful indicator that the problem is temporary. 

Edited by AUwent

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

So those saying NIL is the reason we're doing so bad in football recruiting are wrong? I agree that it seems like our athletics department outside of football is doing damn good right now, but if we were to suppose they are correct, then that would change before too much longer. That, or football being the only sport that's struggling is a hopeful indicator that the problem is temporary. 

Football has nothing to do with basketball NIL totally different with supporters, in most cases, as well as coaches. I done explaining it to you but please please don't start this negative stuff in basketball.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Please don't bring you negative waves over to basketball. Keep them in football. For god sake we just won the SEC................... 

I'm going to say this to you one time and one time only. We have all the money Bruce needs we could have gotten Julian Phillips but Bruce decided not to match UT

Interesting to hear w. Thanks for the info.

Bruce was in a tough spot with Phillips.  He's a talent, and we wanted him, but you have an established guy at his spot who has been mentioned as a potential NBA draft choice. Landing Phillips at the price he wanted was going to be disruptive to team unity in multiple ways.  The new world of NIL is complicated..

• Like 2

On 8/17/2022 at 5:59 PM, AUwent said:

We’re not helplessly broke w NIL. you like to use negative words a lot I noticed. Football is a totally different issue w NIL but u seem to put basketball in the same boat. It’s not. Pearl can get what he needs from NIL BUT he chose not to on one big time recruit. 

now just write on your iPad:

Auburn basketball is in the greatest shape in years under Pearl and I am a bad Auburn fan for doubting him

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 8:08 AM, augolf1716 said:

Please don't bring you negative waves over to basketball. Keep them in football. For god sake we just won the SEC................... 

I'm going to say this to you one time and one time only. We have all the money Bruce needs we could have gotten Julian Phillips but Bruce decided not to match UT

I don’t even understand where his pessimism is coming from 

• Like 1

24 kid but dang dude! What are they feeding these kids nowadays?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Bruce is back on the trail today with the start of the new period. Seems the focus is on 2024. Confirmed visits:

2023 SG Wesley Yates

2024 C Flory Bidunga

2024 PF Ace Bailey

2024 SG/SF Dink Pate

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tiger said:

I'm getting real tired of Muss and Arkansas... 

They’ve definitely moved up a tier in (basketball) recruiting. Curious as to what they’re doing with NIL.