Lee Hunter

WarEagle1983

Has anyone seen this from Lee Hunter? If it is not allowed on here...my apologies but there seems to be additional rumors about treatment of players as well.

Yeah this ain’t good. There’s a difference between yelling at guys to get them to do better and verbally abusing players and not treating them like humans. Also Hunter isn’t the only one that feels like this 

FKw2-_lXoAAQ_uQ?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 2

Take the short term humiliation.  I bet you we have someone to announce immediately after firing Harsin.  That will limit the embarrassment and cement the players who just signed or are staying.   Maybe an NFL coach…..this is chess not checkers. I’ll wager we have someone lined up. Also think Austin Davis caught wind.     I think CBH was in over his head anyway. I follow college football pretty well since 1989 and I had no name recognition with Harsin. Let’s get in a big name that will bring in a big name offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator and go from there.  

I sincerely didn't think this could get worse. True or not with all these rumors.....it's just another think that doesn't look good. And the fact that some current and former players liked what he wrote doesn't help at all. Man...what the heck are we supposed to do? I think we have to keep Harsin and start working on candidates to identify now after next season. 

How can one person have this much "bad luck"?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Lee Hunter's post has been liked by 19 players from Auburn's 2021 roster. 😨

• Sad 1

Disclaimer: I don’t know nothing and I don’t know anybody that knows anything. Not trying to defend Harsin either. But, a lot of guys couldn’t handle Rodney Garner either. Not saying Harsin hasn’t gone above and beyond the “tough love” that coach G issued. But how did he run a successful program for a decade in Boise with that approach? Do they just grow some tough taters in that region? Did he change when he got here? Doesn’t make sense.

• Like 1

I hate to hear that.  There's always two sides to every story but the evidence seems to be mounting against Harsin being able to survive this over the next fews days.  You just can't treat people like that.  I really do hate it for those players, coaches, his family and everyone involved.  It's got to be humiliating to them all.  

5 minutes ago, PotPot said:

Disclaimer: I don’t know nothing and I don’t know anybody that knows anything. Not trying to defend Harsin either. But, a lot of guys couldn’t handle Rodney Garner either. Not saying Harsin hasn’t gone above and beyond the “tough love” that coach G issued. But how did he run a successful program for a decade in Boise with that approach? Do they just grow some tough taters in that region? Did he change when he got here? Doesn’t make sense.

true about Rodney, but the guys that didn't like him were DL in position.  these guys that "agree" with Hunter all over the roster, offense and defense.  awful, just awful.  

crazy...but if something is proven against CBH, can Lee Hunter come back?  im sure ncaa would say no.  btw, where did he go?

5 minutes ago, PotPot said:

The difference is and I'm not saying rumors are true about Harsin but the difference is Coach G has put guys in the NFL. He's a highly regarded SEC DL coach and it's well known that it takes mental toughness in addition to being a good player to play for him. 

Fair or unfair Boise isn't a power 5. I do agree we have to give him time to build it but who the heck knows if he'll get the time at this point.

2 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

true about Rodney, but the guys that didn't like him were DL in position.  these guys that "agree" with Hunter all over the roster, offense and defense.  awful, just awful.  

crazy...but if something is proven against CBH, can Lee Hunter come back?  im sure ncaa would say no.  btw, where did he go?

He went to UCF. He ain’t coming back 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Lee Hunter's post has been liked by 19 players from Auburn's 2021 roster. 😨

Hey, that means it hasn't been liked by some 65 players. Of course, it could mean they just aren't up yet..😅

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cardin Drake said:

Hey, that means it hasn't been liked by some 65 players. Of course, it could mean they just aren't up yet..😅

That's the way to stay positive! Hey...just have to laugh at it all at this point. Like many have stated, I'm just going to enjoy the basketball team. Dealing with AU football is too much. Just didn't think it would potentially get worse though.

I mean, it seems like a sinking ship, but some of these statements from players make them seem soft. Just sayin'. And anyone making this about race should exit the conversation. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

I mean, it seems like a sinking ship, but some of these statements from players make them seem soft. Just sayin'. And anyone making this about race should exit the conversation. 

Well there was a warning that baseless accusations would warrant being banned. I don't know if that extends to alluding to or blantantly calling other commenters racist. I'm not as up on the rules. 

IMO, players were used to the "buddy buddy" style of coaching ran by Gus and not used to a hard nosed coached who holds them accountable. I could be wrong, jmo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I wonder what Bo and Patrick would say about this if they felt they could talk.  

I wonder if people will stop claiming Bo left because he is a primadonna who wasn’t getting what he wanted.