Lee Hunter

WarEagle1983

16 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

IMO, players were used to the "buddy buddy" style of coaching ran by Gus and not used to a hard nosed coached who holds them accountable. I could be wrong, jmo. 

I think that is part of it. Can't deny Gus's players love him. I also think the statement can be supported by so many of our players choosing to transfer to UCF. Winning cures all so no matter the style we have to prove we can win to get guys to sign up for the hard nosed coach.

1 hour ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Has anyone seen this from Lee Hunter? If it is not allowed on here...my apologies but there seems to be additional rumors about treatment of players as well.

This program was rotting from the inside out under Gus and we didn't know how bad until now! The real story will be told within the next 12 months. Harsin must win 7 regular season games or more, have at least a top 15 recruiting class (as loaded as Alabama is, a top 10 should be expected) next year and not have another round of mass defections.

Wow guys . No words at this point . almost a death sentence here . Especially with the past cases of player treatment from other schools. Mike leach Texas tech , I can’t name the others . Player treatment is of course a huge deal . Not looking good 

49 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

true about Rodney, but the guys that didn't like him were DL in position.  these guys that "agree" with Hunter all over the roster, offense and defense.  awful, just awful.  

crazy...but if something is proven against CBH, can Lee Hunter come back?  im sure ncaa would say no.  btw, where did he go?

Well the reason it was only DL that had a problem with Garner is because that’s who he coached. Harsin is over the whole team. So if, for example, 1 out of 4 (and I’m totally just making up these numbers) couldn’t handle Garner it would stand to reason that 1/4 couldn’t handle Harsin. That would be 20-25 overall. I don’t know what is going on. It just seems odd that after a decade as a head coach, even at Boise, that this would just now become an issue 

1 minute ago, au302 said:

The Wooten tweet changes things. He was one of the leaders and seems to tell it like it is

Here's Derick Hall

• Like 3
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, Paladin said:

I agree with Chandler

My point exactly. Thanks for posting. Some kids will get it. Some won't. Comes with the territory. The ones who can't get with the program need to exit stage left. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

The difference is and I'm not saying rumors are true about Harsin but the difference is Coach G has put guys in the NFL. He's a highly regarded SEC DL coach and it's well known that it takes mental toughness in addition to being a good player to play for him. 

Fair or unfair Boise isn't a power 5. I do agree we have to give him time to build it but who the heck knows if he'll get the time at this point.

Like I said, Harsin could be an absolute Richard with ears but I would argue that, if true, you would think it would be an even bigger issue at Boise, not less.

As you said, one might tolerate that treatment if the guy has a reputation for putting players in the NFL. Why would some 2* or 3* guy travel hundreds or thousands of miles from home to subject himself to that treatment without the NFL allure? There’s lots of other places they can go play just for the love of the game.

If Harsin is this way, it seems highly unlikely that he just got this way. I’m not dismissing it, mind you. It just doesn’t make sense.

4 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

GTNupe I'm black,I became an auburn fan in 1986 my best friend was Lawyer Tillman. I have spent a lot of days and nights on that campus even after his playing days, this is not a race thing!! but Auburn has a history of some bad inter workings and we wonder why when we take 2 steps forward and then take 4 steps backwards and complain why our rivals are successful. GT my Brother in law and I talk about some of your thread replies, wondering if!! but we assume that you were black because he too is a KAY pledge at U A B. I want nothing but the best for Auburn but the Drama has to stop.. as I was told once, that Alabama does their business on the back porch we do ours on the front porch.

Tell him I what's up! I pledged at Bethune-Cookman. Oh trust me, I know Auburn isn't exactly the prettiest place and the scandals are becoming more and more ridiculous. Our football program has been a sinking ship for the past 2 years and its hard to watch. 

I try not to make analogies about politics, but, I akin what you just said about Bama vs Auburn to the Republicans and Democrats in the Senate/Congress. Republicans, typically, stick by one another through and through no matter how dirty and ridiculous things get, whereas Democrats eat one another alive and have zero ability to stick together. Auburn, for whatever reason, can't stop eating its own and it shows year after year. Call it having standards but we look terrible right now no matter what happens to Harsin. Who the hell is going to come in here in February? Have we ever gotten a new coach this early/late?

37 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Stop the race baiting

Should tell that to the players.

It's also not race baiting. that's a negative connotation and dismissive towards ppl expressing their true concern.

smoke.thumb.jpg.4c60f93564e44f314f49dc64a69180db.jpg

Edited by W.E.D
  • Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Should tell that to the players

smoke.thumb.jpg.4c60f93564e44f314f49dc64a69180db.jpg

Can this be my evidence?? It should at least get me my insider badge right?

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Can this be my evidence?? It should at least get me my insider badge right?

Added to my post above.  The "race baiting" reaction is negative connotation and dismissive towards ppl expressing their true concern.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Yeah this ain’t good. There’s a difference between yelling at guys to get them to do better and verbally abusing players and not treating them like humans. Also Hunter isn’t the only one that feels like this 

FKw2-_lXoAAQ_uQ?format=jpg&name=large

Astonished Face

People really don't want you to bring up race while watching mostly black kids become men. Than in itself is dumb.

But basically you have two successful players speaking out and watch how that overrides the 20 that was against.....

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Added to my post above.  The "race baiting" reaction is negative connotation and dismissive towards ppl expressing their true concern.

I was hoping they were talking about a deleted post

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

People really don't want you to bring up race while watching mostly black kids become men. Than in itself is dumb.

But basically you have two successful players speaking out and watch how that overrides the 20 that was against.....

2 minutes ago, AUgrad2013 said:

I put a lot more stake in comments from guys like hall and wooten compared to former players that transferred out. You cant build football teams around guys that do not want to be coached. We live in a soft generation. Harsin has a lot to prove in terms of offensive line play, but I want a tough smashmouth football team.  I want tough players, not cry babies that run to twitter when a coach chews them out and holds them accountable. 

You can say a bunch about me but nobody can say I don't know what I'm talking about on this forum

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

I will do as Derrick Hall asks, it is his team and there is no finer embodiment of an Auburn man through and through, if you don't believe me go to an Auburn basketball game and watch him cheer them on and speak with the fans.  Sour grapes are just sour grapes.  Some personalities just don't jive and that is okay as well, but if you are not a part of the team now then I really don't care what a player from UCF has to say.   This is just my humble opinion.  If Coach Harsin has done what is being reported then he needs to go, no questions asked, if he is being fired for being a tough football coach with sensitivity issues then we have more problems than just a losing season and recruiting woes.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I think that is part of it. Can't deny Gus's players love him. I also think the statement can be supported by so many of our players choosing to transfer to UCF. Winning cures all so no matter the style we have to prove we can win to get guys to sign up for the hard nosed coach.

Called it 

9907748E-1D18-42F0-8380-C5325AB9AAD9.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Called it 

9907748E-1D18-42F0-8380-C5325AB9AAD9.jpeg

I saw that. Some guys can handle being coached hard and some can't. It's easier for players to adjust going from a hard noised coach to a player coach vs the other way around. 

I just don't necessarily believe that a majority transferred are considered "soft". To me that's a strong word to refer to an athlete. I just believe it's a combination of several things.

• Like 3