Lee Hunter

WarEagle1983

2 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I saw that. Some guys can handle being coached hard and some can't. It's easier for players to adjust going from a hard noised coach to a player coach vs the other way around. 

I just don't necessarily believe that a majority transferred are considered "soft". To me that's a strong word to refer to an athlete. I just believe it's a combination of several things.

I am a HS coach/teacher under a coach who played under Saban. We run the "no BS" type of culture. We are hard on them, not "buddy buddy." I can vouch first hand this is a very real issue in today's society. "Hard coaching."  Not comparing HS to College, just kids in general these days. On the field and classroom.

Edited by TAYLORKEETON
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

That helps Harsin. 2 long time players and leaders on the team. 

49 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Should tell that to the players.

It's also not race baiting. that's a negative connotation and dismissive towards ppl expressing their true concern.

smoke.thumb.jpg.4c60f93564e44f314f49dc64a69180db.jpg

You don't know what was posted and what was hidden. Don't speak on what you don't know.

Your pic has nothing to do with what had previously been posted. Drop it and move on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Yeah this ain’t good. There’s a difference between yelling at guys to get them to do better and verbally abusing players and not treating them like humans. Also Hunter isn’t the only one that feels like this 

FKw2-_lXoAAQ_uQ?format=jpg&name=large

Not surprised by a single name on that list.

I’m going to inject here and this comment is not meant to be political or racial. I was raised in Alabama but then spent a good amount of time out west. Having grown up in Alabama where POC were not even allowed to be in school with us until I was a 9th grader in Birmingham, I saw things people out west never witnessed. So when I was out there and mentioned things that happened during my childhood they were totally flabbergasted . They could not even begin to comprehend those things. So if someone says that Harsin ( being from out west) had a hard time understanding southern culture and it progression here, then yes I can fully understand that he might say and do things that were harmful, maybe even withou realizing. Sometimes it’s just difficult to put a square peg in a round hole. 🤔

10 minutes ago, wde1968 said:

Derrick Hall says the opposite. One ran one stayed I know who I believe.

What about Zakoby McClain?

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Wow guys . No words at this point . almost a death sentence here . Especially with the past cases of player treatment from other schools. Mike leach Texas tech , I can’t name the others . Player treatment is of course a huge deal . Not looking good 

Mike Leach got called out for for speaking the truth. He was tired of all the lazy, soft, tittybabies. Until proven otherwise, I prefer to think Harsin is a man of integrity and a hardass coach, which is exactly what we need. Any players that are too soft to handle that are too soft to be winners in the SEC. JMO 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

What about Zakoby McClain?

Wooden and Shenker has came out in support just didn't figure I needed to list everyone that has opposed to someone that can't handle discipline and wanted more playing time. Discipline is a problem for most of the younger generation comes from never hearing NO.

Edited by wde1968
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wde1968 said:

Wooden and Shenker has came out out in support just didn't figure I needed to list everyone that has opposed to someone that can't handle discipline and wanted more playing time. Discipline is a problem for most of the younger generation comes from never hearing NO.

Zakoby couldn't handle discipline and wanted more playing time?

17 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Zakoby couldn't handle discipline and wanted more playing time?

Did I say Zakoby no I was referencing Hunter. Zakoby went PRO

Chandler Wooten 🗣

"Soft" players, no more "babysitting"..... Calling "bulls***" that Harsin doesn't care about players.

"We didn’t need a best friend we needed a coach … that’s what we had"

1 minute ago, wde1968 said:

Did I say Zakoby no I was referencing Hunter. Zakoby went PRO

I asked you about Zakoby.  He was on this team & echoed all the negative statements that are being said by players.

Does he not count b/c he doesn't fit your point of view?

So here is some truth and Harsin and other coaches need to understand it. They don’t have to like it but just realize it is what it is. These guys make millions of dollars. Yes it’s a hard job, if they can’t adjust and handle it then they need to find other work. Today’s CFB is a new animal with NILs and portals. Just ask Nick Saban. The days of stockpiling talent and everyone waiting their turn has ended. You may not like it but it is what it is. So coaches have to learn to deal with it. Nick does it because he keeps them focused on the end game  ( hopefully getting an NFL shot). And even Nick is losing talent as well, but he is doing a good job stockpiling new talent, because of his track record. Harsin can whine and move on or he can figure out a way to get what he wants done without running off good talent . Unlike my days top players don’t usually sign with a university because the grew up liking them but because they hunk they can get them to the next level. Harsin wasn’t competing in the SEC west at Boise. He got a lot of talent that had no thought of going pro. But here he has to be able to get the top players to compete and the top coaches as well. Look at Saban he not only has good coaches in the field he has them stacked up as assistants waiting to move to the field, so when he loses a coach he has one waiting, no search needed. Like I said they are making millions now if coaches don’t like the new process they can just move in.🤔

Edited by Eagle Eye 7
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, gman87 said:

Mike Leach got called out for for speaking the truth. He was tired of all the lazy, soft, tittybabies. Until proven otherwise, I prefer to think Harsin is a man of integrity and a hardass coach, which is exactly what we need. Any players that are too soft to handle that are too soft to be winners in the SEC. JMO 

Can’t argue with that, however the media is going to run with this as you know. I agree 💯 with you 

I’m all for hard nosed coaching. If some players are backing him up EVEN THE ONES COMPLAINING AND LEAVING are saying he will be a winner on Saban level! But damn why try to turn an aircraft carrier around on a dime?  He should be a little less abrasive to keep any hope of near future success or get the recycling done now and rebuild 2-3 years down the road. Tough call. BUT MATT RHULE IS AVAILABLE. 

4 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Has anyone seen this from Lee Hunter? If it is not allowed on here...my apologies but there seems to be additional rumors about treatment of players as well.

I actually treated all my dogs well. They were very spoiled so I'm not sure what Lee is talking about.

1. Wake me up early

2. Be good to my dogs

3. And teach my children to pray

1 minute ago, maryland tiger said:

I actually treated all my dogs well. They were very spoiled so I'm not sure what Lee is talking about.

1. Wake me up early

2. Be good to my dogs

3. And teach my children to pray

This post is so damn stupid

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Listen, Pine Ridge, East Florence, don't start, son. 

I wish. But everybody knows you're trolling

So on one side of the argument we have the mean coach narrative. There have also been many posts on this site saying the players are soft, yada yada, so there is another possibility.  That possibility is that some of these players were never derecruited under Gus and got too use to the nice guy coach.

Then along comes a tough coach who demands more out of them and won't settle for less. Some of them aren't use to it, feel entitled and bolt.  That would be the entitled player narrative. We don't know the real truth but there is also a 3rd possibility. The truth could be somewhere in the middle.  

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1