Player Statements on Harsin

AUght2win

Might can consolidate other threads into here or vice versa. But this is a very important set of statements that paint the picture.

Chandler Wooten: "Auburn had soft players on the team. Everybody wants to play. I can honestly say Bryan Harsin and everybody in the building wants to put the best product on the field. He wants to win. That’s all he knows. When you have players that are used to being babysat and coaches telling them to do things — it’s like when you have someone cut and dry not putting up the bulls***, it might seem like he doesn’t care about you."

Smoke Monday on Instagram live: "Since Bryan Harsin got hired he never had one conversation with my Mom or Dad. He probably don't even know their name. As a coach, how can you explain that?"

Kobe Hudson: "When Harsin learns how to relate to people, he'll be the next Nick Saban." Smoke Monday: "He's a great coach, it's just the people stuff."

Derrick Hall (Twitter): Auburn Family, Don’t Believe The Things You See. @CoachHarsin Works Harder Than No Other Man To Put This Program In The Best Position To Be Successful Point Blank Period. We Are Behind Him 100% No Matter What’s Being Said. Great Man Of Character Who Loves This Team! Stop The BS!!

Lee Hunter (responding to Derrick Hall on Twitter): Man I love you bro but you not being 100 with yourself it’s not about us anymore it’s about the young men he bringing in after us this a cold crazy world.

Auburn DL Colby Wooden on IG live: "All I'm gonna say is Mr. Auburn, Bo (Nix), left for a reason."

Reporter Jordan D. Hill: The Instagram live is over now, but my biggest takeaway from linebacker Zakoby McClain, safety Smoke Monday, defensive tackle Lee Hunter and wide receiver Kobe Hudson was they wanted everyone to know what to expect from Bryan Harsin with Harsin recruiting their high schools

John Samuel Shenker on Twitter: Listen and Listen Carefully:

is my football coach! He is the leader I want to have in my corner. If you have a problem with his Discipline, Toughness, and Conviction that he instills in his players than get your entitled, selfish, and soft tail out away this program.

Former Auburn wide receiver Kobe Hudson with Bryan Harsin: "It's a dictatorship ... He never cared about what we thought, you feel what I'm saying?"

“If Harsin can learn to relate to people he’ll be the next Nick Saban, on my momma” - Kobe Hudson

Basically what some of us have been saying. The players who will work and be disciplined will reap the benefits. If you aren't willing to put the work in and be soft, then you won't play and you'll have to find another program. 

52 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Might can consolidate other threads into here or vice versa. But this is a very important set of statements that paint the picture.

Chandler Wooten: "Auburn had soft players on the team. Everybody wants to play. I can honestly say Bryan Harsin and everybody in the building wants to put the best product on the field. He wants to win. That’s all he knows. When you have players that are used to being babysat and coaches telling them to do things — it’s like when you have someone cut and dry not putting up the bulls***, it might seem like he doesn’t care about you."

John Samuel Shenker on Twitter: Listen and Listen Carefully:

is my football coach! He is the leader I want to have in my corner. If you have a problem with his Discipline, Toughness, and Conviction that he instills in his players than get your entitled, selfish, and soft tail out away this program.

All the other noise is nonsense. This right here tells you all you need to know. That goes for the real world too and goes beyond just football. These other young men need to realize that in life things just won't be given to you. There's a lot to be learned from tough love and discipline. They may not realize it now but hopefully they will later because life after football won't be any different. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Basically what some of us have been saying. The players who will work and be disciplined will reap the benefits. If you aren't willing to put the work in and be soft, then you won't play and you'll have to find another program. 

All the other noise is nonsense. This right here tells you all you need to know. That goes for the real world too and goes beyond just football. These other young men need to realize that in life things just won't be given to you. There's a lot to be learned from tough love and discipline. They may not realize it now but hopefully they will later because life after football won't be any different. 

I think it's a combination. These kids were recruited by the Sabans and Kirbys. They have friends all across major SEC and P5 programs. They know what is and isn't typical, and how even a hard-nosed coach should treat his players.

I 100% believe that Harsin's player connections skills are off. By how much, I don't know. 

I also 100% believe many of Gus' players were too soft. It's a combination of the problems.

What's telling is that Mason got out. He's a no-nonsense former SEC head coach. Rumor is the treatment of Kobe was his last straw.

I think Harsin needs to reevaluate his people skills. But I also don't think he's too far gone. Even the disgruntled players have said he could be the next Nick Saban if he learns to connect. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

I don’t believe it is this simple. Harsin seems to have one hardline approach, which resonates to some layers but not to others. I don’t hear any firing offense in these arguments but we must attract at least a portion of the best players. Sounds like Harsin needs to maintain the standards but try harder at making connections that last with all his players, if he gets the chance.

If he can't recruit - and so far he can't - none of it matters. He's not going to beat the 5 star rosters of bama, UGA and A&M with hard-ass 3 star guys everyone else passed on. I know that's a big fantasy with some Auburn fans, but the game has changed. I'm all about a disciplined team and Harsin wouldn't be the first coach to be a complete ass to achieve that...but he's got to recruit, retain and build a stable staff. To date, he's failed at all of that. I'm much more concerned about that than how big a prick he is. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

I don’t believe it is this simple. Harsin seems to have one hardline approach, which resonates to some layers but not to others. I don’t hear any firing offense in these arguments but we must attract at least a portion of the best players. Sounds like Harsin needs to maintain the standards but try harder at making connections that last with all his players, if he gets the chance.

I'm not disagreeing with any of that. Some coaches will resonate with players. Some won't. Hopefully if he can work through the roster and develop the players that want to be here and wins football games then attracting players will be the least of our worries.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

There’s a whole bunch of soft young men out there that have been taught that if you complain enough or have good enough excuses or if you’re a victim you’ll eventually be rewarded.  That’s not gonna float with The Hars.

• Like 1

Any of you watch Last Chance U Basketball?  Damn, I would run through a wall for that guy.  I don't know many coaches at the college level, but he is tough as sh*t but loves those kids.  You never know what someone is really like 24/7, but that dude looks like a real coach.

3 minutes ago, jknighton said:

Barton Lester's comment at the bottom...

20220204_145343.jpg

I mean... Barton might need to chill. A walk-on with no other options can't really relate to a top 100 prospect. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, AUght2win said:

I mean... Barton might need to chill. A walk-on with no other options can't really relate to a top 100 prospect. 

😂

9 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

The Smoke quote about never speaking to his parents is pretty damning. That's indefensible on Harsin's part. Stuff like that he needs to get it together on.

Maybe smokes parents can tell him not to lead with crown of the helmet 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

There’s a whole bunch of soft young men out there that have been taught that if you complain enough or have good enough excuses or if you’re a victim you’ll eventually be rewarded.  That’s not gonna float with The Hars.

Yes but……there are players all over the country competing in academics and on field opportunities.  They practice hard, play hard, study hard, have coaches that are jerks.  Some of them were coddled, some not, some poor, some middle class.  Why are the Auburn players complaining?  Why are Auburn players the outlier? I have no idea what is going on with the Athletic program, but it needs to get fixed. I want kids to have a great college experience, get a great education, put their talents on display, and make their family and alumni proud. We pay the salaries, we build the dorms, we pay for the expansions, we buy the tickets.  Get your s*#% together Auburn athletics.  Do the right thing for the  students and earn your money . You are the adults in charge.   Refresh your memory on the Auburn creed that you so often talk about.  

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

The player comments explain everything, except the discussion to fire the man. I’ve been involved with leadership and team building/culture building my whole adult life. I’ve Many styles work and not all are for everyone. Nick Saban curses and screams and processes players to fit his needs, and he hangs banners. Some players love his style, some don’t. Tom Osborne rarely raised his voice or cursed, but won a ton including 3 National Championships. Some loved him and some left him. Different strokes for different folks. 

For the players who don't care for or cant adjust to Harsin’s style I hope you find the right spot for you. For those who love his approach and style, War Eagle and thanks for staying. But I hope if he loses his job it’s not because of a few players who are choosing to be happier somewhere else. 

• Like 2

The smoke part about not talking to his parents.  I know coaches talk to parents a lot when they are recruiting them and I would expect the position coach should continue to talk to the parents, but a head coach who just arrived a year ago and had never met the parents of players already on the roster I could see with how busy the head coach is that he didn't make enough of an effort in that area. This could be a learning experience.  As for being a Tyrant I have heard that said about Saban.  Saban can be an AH at times but one thing I have heard about him is he takes care of his players after they leave bama. If Harsin does the same thing I can live with the tyrant. As to taking care of players after they leave time will tell.  If this is why there is such an uproar there is no cause and if they get rid of him they will be writing big checks. 

That said I think if he learns from this and mellows a little he could be an even better coach while still demanding hard work.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Maybe smokes parents can tell him not to lead with crown of the helmet 

You shouldn't even be commenting. You've bashed anybody trying to sound the alarm for months.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

From Shenker and Calzada. They’re onboard. 

392701A0-13E5-4462-9179-FB70771905D7.jpeg

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Love 2

You tell'em Shenker Too bad Shenk only has one year left need a team full with that attitude. Oh wait that's what Coach is doing separating the wheat from the chaff.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

You shouldn't even be commenting. You've bashed anybody trying to sound the alarm for months.

Good one.  You are all knowing.