Player Statements on Harsin

AUght2win

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

I’m sure that is why Duke and him agreed to part ways. What a terrible person.

She has nothing but great things to say about him btw. I’m willing to bet he doesn’t know her name

5 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

Maybe not hundreds of thousands, but it was a good 100 or 150 she was playing in front of 😂

All good though, I was just making a point about coaches not really caring about us parents.  Second coach was all class and my daughter absolutely loved playing for her.

I understand your point for sure. I just think a single phone call to let the parents know that despite a drastic change, their son would be cared after.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Well apparently Harsin does too. And it may get him fired.

There's no arguing a college coach shouldn't concern himself with parents of players. Just don't be a college coach then. Period

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wcware said:

I have a close friend of mine whose son is a running back at Duke. He is headed into his sophomore year. I just messaged her and asked her if she has talked to Cutcliffe since her son arrived on campus. She told me no.

That's funny I have a family friend who played safety at Michigan and then transferred and played at Duke and his dad talked to Harbaugh and Cutliffe

Maybe not the same but I have a cousin who is a college professor and thinks it’s absurd when parents call about their kids and their grades. Her claim is they are adults now. They need to handle their own issues in life. 

• Like 4

Why does it matter if certain people in certain programs got a call or not? The whole phone call thing is such a small thing that came up in the IG live but the main thing was the same: Harsin has trouble connecting to players. Smoke probably brought up the parents thing as more proof that Harsin was struggling with this aspect of coaching.

I'm a bit more concerned that he kicked Treusdell off the team because he needed a bit of time off.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

My daughter played college softball, and after her recruitment we never heard from the coach again.  Also had a coaching change and guess what?  The new coach never called us.  Oh the horror!  

Seinfeld Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

2 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Abusive supervision is consistently a detriment. Abusive leaders make people work just hard enough to not get yelled at, but they don’t get people to perform up to their potential.

I generally agree with you. But ‘abusive’ needs to be defined in this context. In the sports world, abuse to one is tough love and demanding to another. If CBH is abusive the  accusers need to show solid proof.

Regarding reaching potential, seems to me a man with a record of 69-19 (pre-AU) is consistently getting people to play up to their potential. I’ve lost count how many 4 and 5 star players have failed to meet their potential at AU the past few years. I know it’s a bunch. For every player that has left, 3 or 4 chose to stay. Some questions I have: If your supervisor was abusive and moved across country would you pick up and follow him?  Multiple members of his coaching and support staff did. If your coach is abusing you and you could enter the portal and start almost anywhere or enter the NFL draft would you return to him like Hall, Wooden, Tank, and Pappoe did? One thing I know we can agree on is that this is a sad time for AU football and I pray it resolves soon. 

Edited by Gowebb11

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I think it's a combination. These kids were recruited by the Sabans and Kirbys. They have friends all across major SEC and P5 programs. They know what is and isn't typical, and how even a hard-nosed coach should treat his players.

I 100% believe that Harsin's player connections skills are off. By how much, I don't know. 

I also 100% believe many of Gus' players were too soft. It's a combination of the problems.

What's telling is that Mason got out. He's a no-nonsense former SEC head coach. Rumor is the treatment of Kobe was his last straw.

I think Harsin needs to reevaluate his people skills. But I also don't think he's too far gone. Even the disgruntled players have said he could be the next Nick Saban if he learns to connect. 

This right here. 100%. 

If it was just one or two.....I'd think it was the players. To have this much negative opinion from this many proves that there is an issue with Harsin somewhere. You can be successful without being a jackass, but some people just cannot understand that. 

Nick Saban is a horrible,soulless man who would sell his mother down the river if it meant he'd come out ahead. He is not admirable and he is no one to use as an example. But even he knows he's an ass, so he has always surrounded himself with personable assistants and coaches, and he used connections like the REC to draw recruits in. Harsin does not have that, and he obviously lacks the self-awareness to compensate. He may have an even bigger ego than the nickster.

Those of you who still don't see the problem here are kidding yourselves....this is a huge disaster. Auburn continues to shoot itself in the foot and damages it's reputation. None of this is helping any effort made towards rebuilding. Harsin has mismanaged the entire thing.

For the life of me I can't understand how any of you think this is helpful in any way. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Love this. If this ugly episode ends with Harsin staying, I believe the remaining players and fans will be united and on a mission like never before. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

The public does NOT want division. WTH? 

Auburn fans want the drama and bad publicity to stop. I'm tired of it.

He's saying the public wants the drama not the Auburn players or Family. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Love this. If this ugly episode ends with Harsin staying, I believe the remaining players and fans will be united and on a mission like never before. 

Just not sure we have the horses in the stable to do any damage at this point. It’s turning into a vicious cycle. We stink it up next year and the next group of recruits doesn’t want to come. And so on and so on.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aucom96 said:

If he can't recruit - and so far he can't - none of it matters. He's not going to beat the 5 star rosters of bama, UGA and A&M with hard-ass 3 star guys everyone else passed on. I know that's a big fantasy with some Auburn fans, but the game has changed. I'm all about a disciplined team and Harsin wouldn't be the first coach to be a complete ass to achieve that...but he's got to recruit, retain and build a stable staff. To date, he's failed at all of that. I'm much more concerned about that than how big a prick he is. 

How he gets along with his players and his co-workers affects everything. You can't separate his inability to get along with people from any aspect of coaching. 

Auburn will Jeremy Pruitt itself into TN and Vandy. 

Gen Z'ers are very different, and they are not going to put up with things they don't like when they can move on to another school. If they don't like Harsin he's dead in the water.

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

So your daughter's coach was bad too. Sorry to hear that, and that you weren't bothered by not knowing the person who led them on a day to day basis.

You are the most idiotic poster on this board. 

Edited by Farmer Brown
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wcware said:

I have a close friend of mine whose son is a running back at Duke. He is headed into his sophomore year. I just messaged her and asked her if she has talked to Cutcliffe since her son arrived on campus. She told me no.

Is his dad's name Tommy? 

6 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

The public does NOT want division. WTH? 

Auburn fans want the drama and bad publicity to stop. I'm tired of it.

You do understand that this is from a current player on the team.   What else do you want a player to say?   The players that WANT to be at auburn like the coach.  The ones that don’t have left.   I’m sure more will leave.   When a system that is in place that allows anyone to transfer at any time to anywhere, players are going to leave.  I’ve said it in another thread but when a starting receiver leaves his team after winning a national championship and transfers to the team that they beat, there is something wrong with the system.    This is a starter.  Think about the guy who thinks he is being slighted by his current team because he isn’t playing.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

You do understand that this is from a current player on the team.   What else do you want a player to say?   The players that WANT to be at auburn like the coach.  The ones that don’t have left.   I’m sure more will leave.   When a system that is in place that allows anyone to transfer at any time to anywhere, players are going to leave.  I’ve said it in another thread but when a starting receiver leaves his team after winning a national championship and transfers to the team that they beat, there is something wrong with the system.    This is a starter.  Think about the guy who thinks he is being slighted by his current team because he isn’t playing.   

Don't you bring common sense into this thread. Lol

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Gen Z'ers are very different, and they are not going to put up with things they don't like when they can move on to another school.

And yet veterans and team leaders like Hall, Shenker,  Pappoe, Carlson, Brahms, Troxell, Council, Tank, Wooden, and Carlson chose to stay with Harsin. Wooten was a team captain last year and he’s extremely vocal about how great a leader Harsin is. Wootens mom has been very supportive as well. Fromm, Deal, and Calzada are stepping up in support as well. You’re entitled to your opinion but you don’t speak for every GenZer. A lot of kids see being yelled at as abuse while others like me think it is abusive to bring in 4 and 5 star players and have them end up as NFL practice squad guys when they had first round potential but weren’t pushed by their coaches to reach it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

He's saying the public wants the drama not the Auburn players or Family. 

We are the public and we are also the Auburn family.  He's not excluding Auburn fans. 

Harsin is very divisive.....and that division includes Auburn fans. 

1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

Don't you bring common sense into this thread. Lol

If this forum is a sample size of Auburn nation, no wonder that auburn can’t get it right.  We literally have a guy who thinks a coach at a major college, after only being here a year, should call every parent and see how they are.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

If this forum is a sample size of Auburn nation, no wonder that auburn can’t get it right.  We literally have a guy who thinks a coach at a major college, after only being here a year, should call every parent and see how they are.   

It's kind of ridiculous. The cross section of people here, and it seems the mindset of some of these players, is indicative of society, as a whole. A lack of discipline, lack of respect for authority, hard work, etc., all seem to be missing, in a lot of young people's character. He didn't call my momma. Come on. Grow up, or go play for the beta male, who I won't name. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

We are the public and we are also the Auburn family.  He's not excluding Auburn fans. 

Harsin is very divisive.....and that division includes Auburn fans. 

I'm just stating what I think he means......IDK

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Mikey you supported Gus no matter what and you have been negative on Harsin since the day he was hired. What happened to the Mikey who used to claim I support the coach while he is the coach. Harsin may turn out to be bad and maybe not but so much negativity from day 1 is a bad look for you.

On 12/6/2020 at 9:05 AM, Mikey said:

If you want to fire the coach, fine. Start one of those silly "fund me" things and dump your life savings into it. Me, I'll support OUR coach as long as he holds that position. When the next coach comes on board, I'll support him the same way.

14 months later...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1