Player Statements on Harsin

AUght2win

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

And yet veterans and team leaders like Hall, Shenker,  Pappoe, Carlson, Brahms, Troxell, Council, Tank, Wooden, and Carlson chose to stay with Harsin. Wooten was a team captain last year and he’s extremely vocal about how great a leader Harsin is. Wootens mom has been very supportive as well. Fromm, Deal, and Calzada are stepping up in support as well. You’re entitled to your opinion but you don’t speak for every GenZer. A lot of kids see being yelled at as abuse while others like me think it is abusive to bring in 4 and 5 star players and have them end up as NFL practice squad guys when they had first round potential but weren’t pushed by their coaches to reach it. 

They all have no choice now anyway. They made their decision and they will defend it. 

If any of those kids had first round potential they'd declare for the draft not hang with Harsin and his sinking ship. 

Show me where I said I was speaking for every single Gen Z'er. It's usually understood that statements like that are a generalization.....but it is a generalization for good reason because it is mostly the case. There are always exceptions when dealing with human beings but that's also understood by most people without having to explain it......good grief.

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

Why does it matter if certain people in certain programs got a call or not? The whole phone call thing is such a small thing that came up in the IG live but the main thing was the same: Harsin has trouble connecting to players. Smoke probably brought up the parents thing as more proof that Harsin was struggling with this aspect of coaching.

I'm a bit more concerned that he kicked Treusdell off the team because he needed a bit of time off.

This is the worst thing, when these reporters watch the lives and use quotes from there for tweets/articles, but don’t take any clips 

Things are being blown up and it hasn’t even been a full day 

14 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

And yet veterans and team leaders like Hall, Shenker,  Pappoe, Carlson, Brahms, Troxell, Council, Tank, Wooden, and Carlson chose to stay with Harsin.

I was told they don't matter as much as those that have left. It was by Mikey, so TIFWIW

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This is the worst thing, when these reporters watch the lives and use quotes from there for tweets/articles, but don’t take any clips 

Things are being blown up and it hasn’t even been a full day 

Did the sub sites think this would increase their access?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

They all have no choice now anyway. They made their decision and they will defend it. 

If any of those kids had first round potential they'd declare for the draft not hang with Harsin and his sinking ship. 

Show me where I said I was speaking for every single Gen Z'er. It's usually understood that statements like that are a generalization.....but it is a generalization for good reason because it is mostly the case. There are always exceptions when dealing with human beings but that's also understood by most people without having to explain it......good grief.

I think most just want the man to be given a fair shake. Firing him for cause because he's generally a d*** will not hold up. The reason people get upset is because this seems to happen with every coach, Gus included.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

The public does NOT want division. WTH? 

Auburn fans want the drama and bad publicity to stop. I'm tired of it.

It's divisive to not support the football team and its coach. you can always take the wait and see approach... but if not that's why there are other football programs for players to transfer to. Recruiting isn't just about stars. We don't have to like the coach to support him. I really don't care if he's the biggest a-hole, but he wants to win so people need to buckle up. After the past few days.... the problem with Auburn football isn't going to disappear with him being fired. Everyone will be divided on the next coach and the people that tried to run him out will meddle with the next coach too! Unless they go

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

One call is all you need. This is a senior leader. And you're essentially the kid's new guardian in many ways. One call to tell the parents Smoke is in good hands and assure them even though you aren't the man they entrusted their son with, that you're going to take care of him.

Harsin was brought in right before signing day as I recall, had to build a staff, keep current players on the roster, start recruiting new players, and rebuild a failing program. Once practices started he had to manage them and evaluate personnel, start forming offensive and defensive schemes with new assistants, continue recruiting, and once the season started, gameplan and manage the team.

He may have been a little too busy to call 85+ parents, try to memorize their names and what their favorite color is. Did Smoke's parents ever try and call him if it was such a big deal? Maybe he was spending times trying to recruit players that were capable of not doing the one thing that gets you ejected each game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

You're gettin' kinda petty in here now bird.   

TB, FTR, I've always been petty. 

Facepalming a quote from Mikey that shows his hypocrisy is kinda petty in its own right.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Sounds to me like you just spoke for all of those who are not ready for the draft, and you know they would not stick with a sinking ship, if they were. I don't think you know at all. Now, you are free to insult me. 

Edited by Farmer Brown

11 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

It's divisive to not support the football team and its coach. you can always take the wait and see approach... 

The problem is there are too many fans that are still hurt their coach got fired and have been foaming at the mouth to have any negativity come out against CBH. They thought they had it and ran with it. The division it has shown is across the lines of wanting AU success and wanting to be right. 

Time to get on board and support or get the hell out of the way, but don't complain when their negativity effects negatively

• Thanks 4
  • Love 2
  • Dislike 1

28 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

We are the public and we are also the Auburn family.  He's not excluding Auburn fans. 

Harsin is very divisive.....and that division includes Auburn fans. 

How is Harsin divisive? I haven't heard one thing he's done that is. Now if you call making kids get their **** together and work hard divisive, then I think the problem is you, not him. I want a guy that works hard to win and pushes his team hard. All this hurt feelings BS is pathetic. Their is a HUGE difference between being abusive and being a task master.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

It's divisive to not support the football team and its coach. you can always take the wait and see approach... but if not that's why there are other football programs for players to transfer to. Recruiting isn't just about stars. We don't have to like the coach to support him. I really don't care if he's the biggest a-hole, but he wants to win so people need to buckle up. After the past few days.... the problem with Auburn football isn't going to disappear with him being fired. Everyone will be divided on the next coach and the people that tried to run him out will meddle with the next coach too! Unless they go

Stop with that right now. No one has said they don't support the team, and I most certainly have never said that. I am more supportive of the players than just about anyone on this board and I stick up for them when posters are nasty. 

When did "winning" become the only criteria? There should be more to the character of a coach, and also for someone who is a visible representative of Auburn. Why are your standards so low? It's possible to be a decent human being and also a winner. Bruce and Butch are good men. They are also winners. That's what the football program needs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Stop with that right now. No one has said they don't support the team, and I most certainly have never said that. I am more supportive of the players than just about anyone on this board and I stick up for them when posters are nasty. 

When did "winning" become the only criteria? There should be more to the character of a coach, and also for someone who is a visible representative of Auburn. Why are your standards so low? It's possible to be a decent human being and also a winner. Bruce and Butch are good men. They are also winners. That's what the football program needs. 

Yes, mom. 

• Haha 1

That's where we are divided... Some people don't care whether they are an A-hole or not. Plenty of coaches in the SEC aren't "good" men. They do their job because they love it and they want to win. Its their passion. The guy took the job knowing the standards, but because you don't like him doesn't mean we should get rid of him after year one! Repeat YEAR ONE!!! Plenty of people hate Bruce, think he's sleazy, win at all costs and a cheater. We like him because he's winning and he's charismatic. Some don't have to be charismatic to win, or be successful. HArd work, being passionate and believing in the football coach isn't low!

26 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Did the sub sites think this would increase their access?

There’s definitely been some civil liberties taken with the idea of journalistic integrity in the past two days 

funny enough, the guys who reportedly hate auburn are the only ones who care to get legitimate sources

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gman87 said:

How is Harsin divisive? I haven't heard one thing he's done that is. Now if you call making kids get their **** together and work hard divisive, then I think the problem is you, not him. I want a guy that works hard to win and pushes his team hard. All this hurt feelings BS is pathetic. Their is a HUGE difference between being abusive and being a task master.

Where have you been? Under a rock? Do you not see what is going on? 

Since you personally have not interacted with Harsin as one of his players....you have no right to make a distinction between being abusive and being a task master without knowing what took place. Since more than one player has complained I'd say there is probably something to it because that's usually the way it works.  But you have no right to be so dismissive of their complaints when you have no clue about their experiences with Harsin.

FYI.....https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/divisive

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Facepalming a quote from Mikey that shows his hypocrisy is kinda petty in its own right.

😎

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

That's where we are divided... Some people don't care whether they are an A-hole or not. Plenty of coaches in the SEC aren't "good" men. They do their job because they love it and they want to win. Its their passion. The guy took the job knowing the standards, but because you don't like him doesn't mean we should get rid of him after year one! Repeat YEAR ONE!!! Plenty of people hate Bruce, think he's sleazy, win at all costs and a cheater. We like him because he's winning and he's charismatic. Some don't have to be charismatic to win, or be successful. HArd work, being passionate and believing in the football coach isn't low!

No one said being passionate was wrong. I have yet to see ANY real emotion or passion from Harsin. He always looks like he's faking it. I think he is kind of a fake. 

After seeing how badly all of this has been handled, I have huge concerns about Harsin. 

I would tell you this....when somebody shows you who he is.....believe him the first time. 

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Well using quotes out of context....

This board is eaten up with hypocrites. The irony is pretty rich right now.

No one said being passionate was wrong. I have yet to see ANY real emotion or passion from Harsin. He always looks like he's faking it. I think he is kind of a fake. 

After seeing how badly all of this has been handled, I have huge concerns about Harsin. 

I would tell you this....when somebody shows you who he is.....believe him the first time. 

You won't support him because you think he's fake? Others think he's the real deal and implementing change. 

• Love 1

“Auburn had soft players on the team. Everybody wants to play. I can honestly say Bryan Harsin and everybody in the building wants to put the best product on the field. He wants to win. That’s all he knows. When you have players that are used to being babysat and coaches telling them to do things — it’s like when you have someone cut and dry not putting up the bulls***, it might seem like he doesn’t care about you. -  Chandler Wooten.. today

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Well using quotes out of context....

This board is eaten up with hypocrites. The irony is pretty rich right now.

Pure silliness. How is it out of context?

It literally is exactly what @AuburnNTexaswas referring to.  It is the context.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farmer Brown said:

You are the most idiotic poster on this board. 

I genuinely take comfort that a guy like you makes that assessment. Sort of like a Corso prediction. You know the opposite of whatever he says is true.

• Like 1