Player Statements on Harsin

AUght2win

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

You won't support him because you think he's fake? Others think he's the real deal and implementing change. 

You should also understand context. The discussion was about being passionate about Auburn football. 

There is a difference between being passionate about the sport you coach, and the young people you lead.....and being passionate about winning because it makes you look good and it pumps up your ego and boosts your narcissism. 

I get that difference and I know both when I see them. The Harsins are very much concerned with appearance, and possibly short on genuine passion for Auburn. Gus had his faults, but his genuine affection for Auburn was never in doubt, and I appreciated that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

You should also understand context. The discussion was about being passionate about Auburn football. 

There is a difference between being passionate about the sport you coach, and the young people you lead.....and being passionate about winning because it makes you look good and it pumps up your ego and boosts your narcissism. 

I get that difference and I know both when I see them. The Harsins are very much concerned with appearance, and possibly short on genuine passion for Auburn. Gus had his faults, but his genuine affection for Auburn was never in doubt, and I appreciated that. 

And people appreciate Harsin's no nonsense, do the hard work mentality. Read Chandler Wooten's comments. Some players don't like it and some do, because he felt like he was going to help make him a better man. We are on the outside, he's on the inside. From the outside it looks like people don't like him because he's a jerk and want to fire him, ruin him and burn the program down in the process. It's ridiculous. After year one. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Pure silliness. How is it out of context?

It literally is exactly what @AuburnNTexaswas referring to.  It is the context.  

No it isn't silliness. You just don't like it. It's actually very true.

All this outrage over the legitimate concerns about Harsin being expressed here.......but the Gus bashing went on for years and years and infected the whole forum.

Lots of hypocrisy going on here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

If this forum is a sample size of Auburn nation, no wonder that auburn can’t get it right.  We literally have a guy who thinks a coach at a major college, after only being here a year, should call every parent and see how they are.   

You guys just can't wrap your minds around a football coach showing genuine affection to a player. "But how does connecting with parents help Auburn win?! That's all I care about!"

Auburn will not fire Harsin because of what former or current players/coaches are saying. This isn’t a Twitter matter.  It’s not about who’s being soft or who has had their feelings hurt.  The investigation is zeroed on something else and that will determine whether he stays or not.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I genuinely take comfort that a guy like you makes that assessment. Sort of like a Corso prediction. You know the opposite of whatever he says is true.

Glad you are comforted. Comfort the feeble minded. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

No it isn't silliness. You just don't like it. It's actually very true.

All this outrage over the legitimate concerns about Harsin being expressed here.......but the Gus bashing went on for years and years and infected the whole forum.

Lots of hypocrisy going on here. 

Oh, It is silly. AuburnNtexas posted a critique and question about Mikey's posting history and comments on coach support.

I provided the quote he was referring to.

You didn't like it and bristled when I pointed to his hypocrisy.

Nothing else. To pretend it's more is, silly

Now your saying things were taken out of context and are trying to imply I'm being hypocritical. None of that is true nor does it matter to the discussion we were engaged in. One might say you're  interjection is out of context.

Either way it's all silly. You didn't like Mikey getting called out and reacted accordingly. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

And people appreciate Harsin's no nonsense, do the hard work mentality. Read Chandler Wooten's comments. Some players don't like it and some do, because he felt like he was going to help make him a better man. We are on the outside, he's on the inside. From the outside it looks like people don't like him because he's a jerk and want to fire him, ruin him and burn the program down in the process. It's ridiculous. After year one. 

I did read Wooten's statements but thanks anyway for assuming I didn't... Was he more on the inside than those who left? No. 

In case you aren't aware.....divisive people will treat some people well and others they will treat badly. THAT'S why you find such vastly different stories about experiences in the same organization. In my experience a good leader does not have such a big divide. 

If the buck stopped with Gus.....it also stops with Harsin. 

When all the stuff first hit the fan, I was totally shocked and dismayed and angry.  Oh, my! 😱 Now I realize that we don’t know the whole story, won’t know the whole story and can’t make an intelligent decision on this coach. If with due diligence we find out that Harsin has done something really offensive and unethical, then I will be ready to send him packing.  But for now, all we know is that he’s an arrogant jerk.  I could have told you that from day one. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Oh, It is silly. AuburnNtexas posted a critique and question about Mikey's posting history and comments on coach support.

I provided the quote he was referring to.

You didn't like it and bristled when I pointed to his hypocrisy.

Nothing else. To pretend it's more is, silly

Now your saying things were taken out of context and are trying to imply I'm being hypocritical. None of that is true nor does it matter to the discussion we were engaged in. One might say you're  interjection is out of context.

Either way it's all silly. You didn't like Mikey getting called out and reacted accordingly. 

Nope. Nope. Nope.

I disliked calling Mikey a hypocrite when there has been so much of it from the other direction in the last few years. It really is almost funny to see it all playing out here recently. It's obviously lost on some people that the shoe is now on the other foot.  

I have no problem saying I didn't like it. 

There would be plenty of quotes available to prove my point if I cared to go look for them.....but that is really petty and silly, and more wasteful than this whole conversation. 

6 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

This is from the live earlier.

What a time to be alive. These guys will never get drafted now. Showing their assess in public like this. Goodness.

18 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

When all the stuff first hit the fan, I was totally shocked and dismayed and angry.  Oh, my! 😱 Now I realize that we don’t know the whole story, won’t know the whole story and can’t make an intelligent decision on this coach. If with due diligence we find out that Harsin has done something really offensive and unethical, then I will be ready to send him packing.  But for now, all we know is that he’s an arrogant jerk.  I could have told you that from day one. 🙄

Knowing the whole story is beside the point. We almost never do in any situation concerning Auburn sports.. We still don't know all the details of the Cam Newton fiasco. But we know enough to know that Gene Chizik handled it beautifully. Bruce has handled the basketball disgrace with CP in the best way he could. We don't know everything about that one either. But we see how it was handled. 

We also can see how things have been handled this past year, even without knowing every detail. Harsin has done a very poor job and the bad PR is doing damage to the program.

I can express concern and be upset about the hits that Auburn football has taken in the last year without it meaning that Harsin should be fired tomorrow. I'm not sure what can be done to fix things, but he hasn't inspired much confidence in his abilities at this point. It's just a mess that needs to be cleaned up by someone.

That's not being unfair. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Nope. Nope. Nope.

I disliked calling Mikey a hypocrite when there has been so much of it from the other direction in the last few years. It really is almost funny to see it all playing out here recently. It's obviously lost on some people that the shoe is now on the other foot.  

I have no problem saying I didn't like it. 

There would be plenty of quotes available to prove my point if I cared to go look for them.....but that is really petty and silly, and more wasteful than this whole conversation. 

Great, you agree it's silly. Glad we could come around to an agreement

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Didba said:

@bigbird🤣she keeps moving these goal posts man...

I've dealt with Mikey for years. I'm a pro at still making the kick

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

We don’t know the whole story. That’s why we should concentrate on what we do know. I’m not worried with what Lee Hunter or Kobe Hudson say until I know something concrete.

What we do know…..and people are quickly starting to forget… is that the football program has been in a steady decline for the last 4 months. And let’s just take out the “bad culture fit guys” leaving. We’ve lost both of our coordinators, our dline coach, we are coming off of a huge embarrassing losing streak, and we just went for nil on NSD. On top of that, we’ve only had a small handful of guys come to Auburn from the portal, when we have wide open spots in numerous areas for them to get significant playing time. 

That’s the problem everyone in our fan base should be directing their attention to, atm. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

This is from the live earlier.

This sounds like 4 guys sitting around basically saying that Harsin has a good plan and knows his stuff, but he is too abrasive and not fun. They would have lovvved playing for Bear Bryant😂😂😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

True, but we still like you. 😁

:poke:

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Been a horrible poster for some time now 

its so bad now when I simply reference TB xyz, people know who I am talking bout...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This sounds like 4 guys sitting around basically saying that Harsin has a good plan and knows his stuff, but he is too abrasive and not fun. They would have lovvved playing for Bear Bryant😂😂😂

Well BB was a mean drunk.....and that was 60 years ago.