Player Statements on Harsin

AUght2win

2 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

No one said being passionate was wrong. I have yet to see ANY real emotion or passion from Harsin. He always looks like he's faking it. I think he is kind of a fake. 

After seeing how badly all of this has been handled, I have huge concerns about Harsin. 

I would tell you this....when somebody shows you who he is.....believe him the first time. 

“I think he is kind of a fake” shows you’re just spouting babble. You don’t like his body language or facial expressions, and you want to see more “emotion and passion”. Bunch of irrelevant nonsense. Some of the best coaches at all levels of football show absolutely zero emotion on the sideline bemuse they’re focused on all the stuff going on in the headset. They’re not concerned about posing for folks like you.  The man has been coaching D1 football for 15+ years and has beaten multiple top 10 ranked teams using lesser talent. Bob Stoops is. Stomper and screamer but Harsin and his Boise team beat their ass. You previous idol would run around, yell at refs, and pick his nose even after the next play sequence had started. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, W.E.D said:

Ok. And you want to believe that while completely ignoring any other terms that are also being thrown out.

Your mind is made up

Not understanding your hostility here. You stated weird people make up statements. I responded that players are also stating the same thing. How exactly is my mind made up? What did I ignore? 

• Like 1

Just now, WarEagleT said:

“I think he is kind of a fake” shows you’re just spouting babble. You don’t like his body language or facial expressions, and you want to see more “emotion and passion”. Bunch of irrelevant nonsense. Some of the best coaches at all levels of football show absolutely zero emotion on the sideline bemuse they’re focused on all the stuff going on in the headset. They’re not concerned about posing for folks like you.  The man has been coaching D1 football for 15+ years and has beaten multiple top 10 ranked teams using lesser talent. Bob Stoops is. Stomper and screamer but Harsin and his Boise team beat their ass. You previous idol would run around, yell at refs, and pick his nose even after the next play sequence had started. 

Correction above typo ...because not bemuse...

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Nobody has ever complained about him like this before though. That’s why it’s sketchy

That's a horrible take. I never killed anyone before, there's no way I killed that guy!

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Harsin wasn’t known as some a-hole

Might want to look that up. He's been known as an a**hole for a long time. Hell He's had issues keeping coaches at Boise.

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

And I trust my ability to gauge a person. 

Lol from 7 interviews he's given?

6 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I can. 

ThermaPen thermometer. Medium (beautiful pink sunset streak in the center) is a temperature, not an art. Seer it. Take it in the house when the center is 140°. Eat it before it gets cold. Leave your buddy with all that "2 minutes on each side" garbage standing out there by his grill cooking his wild-card hope-for-the-best steaks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Not understanding your hostility here. You stated weird people make up statements. I responded that players are also stating the same thing. How exactly is my mind made up? What did I ignore? 

Yes. Statements were made up about "fun".

Just bc someone else said something doesn't mean the initial video response about "lack of fun" wasn't made up

Listen, toughness does not work without true care at the root of it. I also had a tough, dog-cusser of a coach in high school. But he was actually my favorite coach because he made it clear to me he believed in me and wanted me to succeed.

I never felt like I was just a tool for his self-glorification. You look at a guy like Urban Meyer. That's self-glorification incarnate. He doesn't care about his players. Everything he puts them through are for HIS own benefit. So HE can win. That makes it harder as a player to go through, because you aren't sure if you're valued, or just a means to an end. 

Clearly some of the kids feel like that's what Harsin is doing. They feel like he is a great coach, but sucks at people. That he doesn't care. Idk if that's true, but it is true Harsin has failed to communicate properly if that isn't the case. It should never be hard to decipher whether a coach truly cares for his young men as individuals.

You guys mock me for saying the lack of communication with parents doesn't matter. It doesn't, if you don't care about your guys. It doesn't, if you're a professional in the NFL. But it does, if you want your guys to go through incredible adversity at your behest.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yes. Statements were made up about "fun".

Just bc someone else said something doesn't mean the initial video response about "lack of fun" wasn't made up

There's a huge disconnect here. My reply was solely on your statement about weird people making up statements about being soft. It had nothing to do with what they were talking about in the video regarding "lack of fun." 

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

That's a horrible take. I never killed anyone before, there's no way I killed that guy!

Might want to look that up. He's been known as an a**hole for a long time. Hell He's had issues keeping coaches at Boise.

Lol from 7 interviews he's given?

There’s a difference between killing a guy and a history of behavior. If he’s been to multiple stops and nobody has complained about him treating players poorly, why should anyone believe it because Kobe Hudson and Smoke Monday say it? Especially if there’s no proof.

I didn’t say he wasn’t an a- hole in general. In fact I just posted an hour ago that he’s an a-hole. I said he wasn’t known for being an a-hole as it relates to his relationships with his players.

Yes actually. I’ve known a ton of people who act exactly like Bryan Harsin. I was in the military. We called them “no nonsense”. They weren’t bad people. They just weren’t the people you’d invite to a keg party or cut up with out in the field, because they’d make you feel like a circus clown by just looking at you.

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Listen, toughness does not work without true care at the root of it. I also had a tough, dog-cusser of a coach in high school. But he was actually my favorite coach because he made it clear to me he believed in me and wanted me to succeed.

I never felt like I was just a tool for his self-glorification. You look at a guy like Urban Meyer. That's self-glorification incarnate. He doesn't care about his players. Everything he puts them through are for HIS own benefit. So HE can win. That makes it harder as a player to go through, because you aren't sure if you're valued, or just a means to an end. 

Clearly some of the kids feel like that's what Harsin is doing. They feel like he is a great coach, but sucks at people. That he doesn't care. Idk if that's true, but it is true Harsin has failed to communicate properly if that isn't the case. It should never be hard to decipher whether a coach truly cares for his young men as individuals.

You guys mock me for saying the lack of communication with parents doesn't matter. It doesn't, if you don't care about your guys. It doesn't, if you're a professional in the NFL. But it does, if you want your guys to go through incredible adversity at your behest.

Honestly, I have alluded to it in other posts about my old coach but I think those players bad mouthing Harsin after leaving have an entitled mentality. People don't realize how and I hate to say this "soft" the current rules make players these days.

Like bruh, they have time limits they have on practice these days. Two a days used to be brutal 2-3 hour long practices TWICE A DAY in the dogs days of August.  Nothing like that is happening anymore.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

Just now, Didba said:

Honestly, I have alluded to it in other posts about my old coach but I think those players bad mouthing Harsin after leaving have an entitled mentality. 

I think Harsin is just ridged. You take it as you will. You either love him, or you don’t want to be associated with him. 

I think Lee and Kobe had a point. It sounded like they were saying Harsin didn’t care to understand where they were coming from in certain viewpoints. If that’s what puts them in an entitled mentality to you, then so be it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Taco said:

I think Harsin is just ridged. You take it as you will. You either love him, or you don’t want to be associated with him. 

I think Lee and Kobe had a point. It sounded like they were saying Harsin didn’t care to understand where they were coming from in certain viewpoints. If that’s what puts them in an entitled mentality to you, then so be it. 

I didn't watch the IG live but Ike just said that on the IG live, Lee and Kobe clarified that when they said treated like dogs they were talking about players getting suspended and being put "in the dog house" not allowed to come to the facility , attend practice, etc.

• Like 1

Just now, Didba said:

I didn't watch the IG live but Ike just said that on the IG live, Lee and Kobe clarified that when they said treated like dogs they were talking about players getting suspended and being put "in the dog house" not allowed to come to the facility , attend practice, etc.

I struggle to take Ike and the War Rapport people unbiasedly because they’re trying really really hard to get insider relationship status with Harsin and his staff. — which good for them. But I guess you can say the same about JLee. 

Yeah. Harsin’s very ridged. It’s his way or the highway. You do what he asks of you, he treats you well. You don’t, well yeah. 

If you love that, then he’s your dude. If you don’t, then you don’t really want anything to do with him. 

8 minutes ago, Taco said:

I struggle to take Ike and the War Rapport people unbiasedly because they’re trying really really hard to get insider relationship status with Harsin and his staff. — which good for them. But I guess you can say the same about JLee. 

Yeah. Harsin’s very ridged. It’s his way or the highway. You do what he asks of you, he treats you well. You don’t, well yeah. 

If you love that, then he’s your dude. If you don’t, then you don’t really want anything to do with him. 

They definitely have a bias towards Harsin but so do I because I want him to succeed. They are also pretty reasonable and logically. No knee jerks with them.  It is how I try to be. Why I like them.

• Like 1

Just now, Didba said:

They definitely have a bias towards Harsin but so do I because I want him to succeed. They are also pretty reasonable and logically. No knee jerks with them.  It is how I try to be. Why I like them.

They’re alright. I don’t mind them. 

Until his recruiting practices change I don’t see us going past that hump. But maybe he’ll build a good culture for us.

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Nobody has ever complained about him like this before though. That’s why it’s sketchy. Harsin wasn’t known as some a-hole who didn’t care about his players. He really just seems like an abrasive person who has no interest in the current scene (social media, meme’s, trash talk, etc). At least that’s how it seems to me from the outside looking in. And I trust my ability to gauge a person. 

I had a UTa fan ask me and another Aub fan was he still a hard ass around the time this broke. Like unprovoked, that was the main descriptive used for him. 
I just don’t think any of us, incl our media writers checked for that

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

So, you're choosing to listen to 3 voices and ignore the 20+ that have said the opposite? Seems like you're just believing what you WANT to believe if that's the case.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

14 months later...

14 months and several dumpster fires later, followed by a trainwreck, I've got to face reality and recognize abject failure when I see it.

4 minutes ago, Pat Fossum said:

So, you're choosing to listen to 3 voices and ignore the 20+ that have said the opposite? Seems like you're just believing what you WANT to believe if that's the case.

Buddy there are WAY more voices in opposition of CBH than in support. There are also moves like the Mason departure that are louder than any negative take from a player. You really, REALLY don't want to count the tally of for-or-against, right now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Mikey you supported Gus no matter what and you have been negative on Harsin since the day he was hired. What happened to the Mikey who used to claim I support the coach while he is the coach. Harsin may turn out to be bad and maybe not but so much negativity from day 1 is a bad look for you.

You are not correct. What I said, even before Harsin was hired, was that the odds of AU hiring a successful coach on the first try are not good. I listed similar schools and schools with more money than we have and listed how many coaches they had to go through before they found a satisfactory one. For example, bammer went through five between Stallings and Saban.

I have not been negative on Harsin since day one. I had wanted him to be successful here. The five game losing streak could be swallowed. However, recruiting failures, failure to retain players and failure to replenish the losses through the portal are solid indications that Harsin can't cut it at AU.

Then there's the fact that people who have to work with him say they don't like him. We have a couple of posters here on this board, usually solid and reliable people, who work in the athletic dept. and have been saying for months that Harsin's  not going to work out. Earlier, I put my fingers in my ears and ignored them, but recent events have proved them to have made an accurate assessment.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Might can consolidate other threads into here or vice versa. But this is a very important set of statements that paint the picture.

Chandler Wooten: "Auburn had soft players on the team. Everybody wants to play. I can honestly say Bryan Harsin and everybody in the building wants to put the best product on the field. He wants to win. That’s all he knows. When you have players that are used to being babysat and coaches telling them to do things — it’s like when you have someone cut and dry not putting up the bulls***, it might seem like he doesn’t care about you."

Smoke Monday on Instagram live: "Since Bryan Harsin got hired he never had one conversation with my Mom or Dad. He probably don't even know their name. As a coach, how can you explain that?"

Kobe Hudson: "When Harsin learns how to relate to people, he'll be the next Nick Saban." Smoke Monday: "He's a great coach, it's just the people stuff."

Derrick Hall (Twitter): Auburn Family, Don’t Believe The Things You See. @CoachHarsin Works Harder Than No Other Man To Put This Program In The Best Position To Be Successful Point Blank Period. We Are Behind Him 100% No Matter What’s Being Said. Great Man Of Character Who Loves This Team! Stop The BS!!

Lee Hunter (responding to Derrick Hall on Twitter): Man I love you bro but you not being 100 with yourself it’s not about us anymore it’s about the young men he bringing in after us this a cold crazy world.

Auburn DL Colby Wooden on IG live: "All I'm gonna say is Mr. Auburn, Bo (Nix), left for a reason."

Reporter Jordan D. Hill: The Instagram live is over now, but my biggest takeaway from linebacker Zakoby McClain, safety Smoke Monday, defensive tackle Lee Hunter and wide receiver Kobe Hudson was they wanted everyone to know what to expect from Bryan Harsin with Harsin recruiting their high schools

John Samuel Shenker on Twitter: Listen and Listen Carefully:

is my football coach! He is the leader I want to have in my corner. If you have a problem with his Discipline, Toughness, and Conviction that he instills in his players than get your entitled, selfish, and soft tail out away this program.

Former Auburn wide receiver Kobe Hudson with Bryan Harsin: "It's a dictatorship ... He never cared about what we thought, you feel what I'm saying?"

“If Harsin can learn to relate to people he’ll be the next Nick Saban, on my momma” - Kobe Hudson

These quotes true or not are from GM players who were babied. Smoke is and has been a joke. Such an undisciplined player and very overrated at that. If he thinks the next level of football will give 2 craps about talking to Mommy and Daddy, then he is truly an NFL scout team player and no better. This crap is damn sickening and since the majority of the cupcakes were from the Malzahn era, it’s all coming into focus now. To build a quality tough team, you have to weed out the pansies, which is how GM coached them, hence, very few went to the next level with him. I will say it again, IF these guys or whatever they are, can’t take harsh coaching, then don’t play the damn game. Smoke is a Joke and always was. He just had a name that ESPN thought was neat. The only smoke from him was coming from the receivers that burned him for years. 

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

I was told they don't matter as much as those that have left. It was by Mikey, so TIFWIW

LMAO! Three, four years ago this Bird guy got egg smeared on his face and now he trolls around behind me making lame remarks. Most losers would take it like an adult and move on. Looks like some losers never get over it.

Hey Bird! EIGHTEEN!

6 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

These quotes true or not are from GM players who were babied. Smoke is and has been a joke. Such an undisciplined player and very overrated at that. If he thinks the next level of football will give 2 craps about talking to Mommy and Daddy, then he is truly an NFL scout team player and no better. This crap is damn sickening and since the majority of the cupcakes were from the Malzahn era, it’s all coming into focus now. To build a quality tough team, you have to weed out the pansies, which is how GM coached them, hence, very few went to the next level with him. I will say it again, IF these guys or whatever they are, can’t take harsh coaching, then don’t play the damn game. Smoke is a Joke and always was. He just had a name that ESPN thought was neat. The only smoke from him was coming from the receivers that burned him for years. 

I'm glad he gone. I don't have to watch him mouthing off anymore after giving up big plays.

9 hours ago, jAUSon said:

ThermaPen thermometer. Medium (beautiful pink sunset streak in the center) is a temperature, not an art. Seer it. Take it in the house when the center is 140°. Eat it before it gets cold. Leave your buddy with all that "2 minutes on each side" garbage standing out there by his grill cooking his wild-card hope-for-the-best steaks.

Consistently serving a great steak. Fillet a fish properly. I consider both an art.

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Then there's the fact that people who have to work with him say they don't like him. We have a couple of posters here on this board, usually solid and reliable people, who work in the athletic dept. and have been saying for months that Harsin's  not going to work out.

Think about your statement. He’s only been here for months, but people in the athletic department have been saying for months that he’s not going to work out. Doesn’t sound like they’ve given a very long rope. 

Edited by Gowebb11