Harsin AND the Powers That Be Share Blame

autigeremt

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

Umm, Harsin.

Yes, looks like the rumor was started online. Local sports hacks took the story and ran after it hit online forums. 

As news of bad recruiting, attrition, and other issues like how players feel like they are being treated hit the news waves, then it was piling on.

I’m just not buying the conspiracy theories. Every time something like this happens, these mysterious PTB get blamed. I happen to know a few PTB, and they’re not out trying to run things into the ground. They have other things to do, you know like running Fortune 500 companies. 

Wasn't it the PTB's that got in the Jet? Didn't they cause Bowden troubles? Didn't they also supposedly undermine Gus and even plotted against him? Didn't our university almost lose accreditation with SAC's over issues like this? I'm not trying to be smart. I'm not plugged in like you are and may be off base. Just seems that we have a history of disgusting actions by PTB's, boosters, etc. Maybe university leadership is a better term for it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, creed said:

It is very evident on this forum "rumor" is posted constantly against the posted "rules". This somehow convinces people to believe some one is guilty until proven innocent instead of the other way around. And when the rumor poster is called on it they just said they were passing information along and it came from war report, a reporter, another forum, twitter, instagram, their best friend who's connected, etc. etc. Some really tight sources there folks.  

Just ask yourself how you would feel if someone was posting stuff about you all of the web. Some of you will say "hey he's the coach of Auburn, he makes millions and should expect stuff like that", which I say BULL SH!7!

It's no longer rumors at this point. There are direct, fleshed-out player accounts that are the crux of this stuff. And your take that people believe someone is "guilty until proven innocent". Isn't it funny how when someone is charged with a crime they allow it to be published in the paper? They allow it to go to court? Discussing accusations isn't unique to the internet age.

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It's no longer rumors at this point. There are direct, fleshed-out player accounts that are the crux of this stuff. And your take that people believe someone is "guilty until proven innocent". Isn't it funny how when someone is charged with a crime they allow it to be published in the paper? They allow it to go to court? Discussing accusations isn't unique to the internet age.

When someone is charged with a crime, there is evidence to prove the charge.   It doesn’t mean innocence or guilt.   That’s up to a jury or court to decide.   Where are all these facts, that CBH, is a racist?  When a former player says players are treated like dogs, what exactly are they referring to?  Hard coaching? Abuse? Bad language? 
All this is crazy and if everyone can’t see that, then Auburn is in way more trouble than just this.    Take out whether you like the guy or not, is this how you want things to be handled at auburn?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@creedyou are correct. I have been guilty of passing along “information” of which I have no direct knowledge. Also, people take what is supposition, then extrapolate that to fact.  We all have to be more careful about that. 

If found to be untrue, this rumor had to start from somewhere. It needs to be traced back to the source and that person or persons need to be dealt with, whether that is a firing or a banning from access to the football program.  

(I am talking about the rumor of an affair with the employee.  I believe the “racist” stuff needs to be investigated as well, but what people call racism these days is not necessarily racism.) 

Edited by 3rdgeneration
  • Like 4

Just now, aubaseball said:

When someone is charged with a crime, there is evidence to prove the charge.   It doesn’t mean innocence or guilt.   That’s up to a jury or court to decide.   Where are all these facts, that CBH, is a racist?  When a former player says players are treated like dogs, what exactly are they referring to?  Hard coaching? Abuse? Bad language? 
All this is crazy and if everyone can’t see that, then Auburn is in way more trouble than just this.    Take out whether you like the guy or not, is this how you want things to be handled at auburn?

You're talking about a decision. Yes, if I'm trying to fire someone, I've got to gather evidence. 

My response was to a guy lamenting people spreading "rumors". Guess what? That's the way things have always and will always work. When wrongdoing has been levied, the accusations are going to be discussed.

5 hours ago, AUght2win said:

You're talking about a decision. Yes, if I'm trying to fire someone, I've got to gather evidence. 

My response was to a guy lamenting people spreading "rumors". Guess what? That's the way things have always and will always work. When wrongdoing has been levied, the accusations are going to be discussed.

And it actually helps Harsin if the investigation and transparency of the results are handled correctly.

5 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

@creedyou are correct. I have been guilty of passing along “information” of which I have no direct knowledge. Also, people take what is supposition, then extrapolate that to fact.  We all have to be more careful about that. 

If found to be untrue, this rumor had to start from somewhere. It needs to be traced back to the source and that person or persons need to be dealt with, whether that is a firing or a banning from access to the football program.  

(I am talking about the rumor of an affair with the employee.  I believe the “racist” stuff needs to be investigated as well, but what people call racism these days is not necessarily racism.) 

I don’t think they trace anything back. The impetus of this investigation is to clear Harsin so the program can move forward or fire Harsin for cause.

5 hours ago, aubaseball said:

He's perfectly fine with forums, boards, and fans hurling the worst possible vile and innuendo out there. He'll cherry pick whatever 'truth' he can find.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Damn that's bad. Guess that's different then "An American In Paris"

Or a Werewolf in Paris

• Like 1

What is the crime?  What is the charge? What is the allegation?

"Fleshed out player accounts" are what? Comments of players who are no longer on the team? They didn't like Harsin and left? 

Mob rule is also not new to the internet age.

7 hours ago, AUght2win said:

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Well, numbers-wise, there are a lot more trouble causers in the random public than there are members of the PTB at Auburn. Probably in the 100,000 to one ratio. So, unless someone can prove otherwise I'm going with the idea that it wasn't one of the few PTB who started this. Those people care for Auburn and want the school and its teams to succeed. I don't believe they are saboteurs.

Except we can't just consider this in a vacuum Mikey. There are several incidents in the past of them doing things like this. All of the football coaches we have had in the most recent past including Dye, Bowden, Tubs, Chizik, Malzahn, have had problems with them interfering and similar things happen to them. Now we have a similar pattern with Harsin but it's gotten even worse.  

11 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Except we can't just consider this in a vacuum Mikey. There are several incidents in the past of them doing things like this. All of the football coaches we have had in the most recent past including Dye, Bowden, Tubs, Chizik, Malzahn, have had problems with them interfering and similar things happen to them. Now we have a similar pattern with Harsin but it's gotten even worse.  

Some have interfered or at least attempted to interfere. I don't see starting a malicious rumor being part of their modus operandi.

21 hours ago, au302 said:

Wasn't it the PTB's that got in the Jet? Didn't they cause Bowden troubles? Didn't they also supposedly undermine Gus and even plotted against him? Didn't our university almost lose accreditation with SAC's over issues like this? I'm not trying to be smart. I'm not plugged in like you are and may be off base. Just seems that we have a history of disgusting actions by PTB's, boosters, etc. Maybe university leadership is a better term for it

SACS was based on the BOT disagreement with the Faculty Senate over tenure of a liberal catholic priest Religion Department professor who was at odds with the Vatican and BOT involvement with the athletic department.   1) SACS Special Investigation (auburn.edu)  2)SACS Probation Information (auburn.edu)

I asked a BOT member about CTB, he shook his head and suggested that any internet rumor you read about CTB was true.

The PTB did not get on the plane to Louisville.  The AD and two BOT members did at the behest of the college president.  The plane belonged to PTB Bobby Lowder if memory serves correctly and President Walker I presume had the support of the PTB.

2003: The story of jetgate and a disappointing season (247sports.com)

I don't have a clue about the current situation.  I will support CBH until there are proven allegations that would support his removal or if he has not been successful at establishing his program by the end of his contract.   I have been an Auburn fan since 1962, I've seen worse times than these and we will survive and prevail if we adhere to principles and earnest effort.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

Had a friend who vacayed in Paris once. I asked him how it went - "Was fine, except for all the darn foreigners."

And they have a different word for everything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bdc81 said:

SACS was based on the BOT disagreement with the Faculty Senate over tenure of a liberal catholic priest Religion Department professor who was at odds with the Vatican and BOT involvement with the athletic department.   1) SACS Special Investigation (auburn.edu)  2)SACS Probation Information (auburn.edu)

I asked a BOT member about CTB, he shook his head and suggested that any internet rumor you read about CTB was true.

The PTB did not get on the plane to Louisville.  The AD and two BOT members did at the behest of the college president.  The plane belonged to PTB Bobby Lowder if memory serves correctly and President Walker I presume had the support of the PTB.

2003: The story of jetgate and a disappointing season (247sports.com)

I don't have a clue about the current situation.  I will support CBH until there are proven allegations that would support his removal or if he has not been successful at establishing his program by the end of his contract.   I have been an Auburn fan since 1962, I've seen worse times than these and we will survive and prevail if we adhere to principles and earnest effort.

It wasn't just that. There was also meddling by the BOT in the football and basketball program. Some of the accusations couldn't be proven but this was definitely part of the case as the examples and facts stated in that report. 

https://www.wsfa.com/story/1557500/auburn-university-placed-on-probation/

Edited by Randman5000

2 hours ago, bdc81 said:

Exactly. Wish we had more fans like you posting.

On 2/5/2022 at 10:40 AM, passthebiscuits said:

Umm, Harsin.

Yes, looks like the rumor was started online. Local sports hacks took the story and ran after it hit online forums. 

As news of bad recruiting, attrition, and other issues like how players feel like they are being treated hit the news waves, then it was piling on.

I’m just not buying the conspiracy theories. Every time something like this happens, these mysterious PTB get blamed. I happen to know a few PTB, and they’re not out trying to run things into the ground. They have other things to do, you know like running Fortune 500 companies. 

I don't know who started it, but most - if not all - of the major sporting news outlets are publishing stories with some version of "(unnamed)  sources are saying....."

Considering the timing, right after signing day, Harsin goes on vacation, player statements, etc.,  it's pretty obvious this was coordinated.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Some have interfered or at least attempted to interfere. I don't see starting a malicious rumor being part of their modus operandi.

I can't come to the same conclusion based on the information I already know. To that point, Auburn is at a crossroads with respect to establishing the principles that will run this program going forward. That is the overriding issue at this moment in time.

• Like 1

In my opinion, rumors can be easily spread while telling the truth:

Joe (who observed Susie smoking a cigarette) said "Susie smoked a cigarette."  Bill (who only heard Joe say Susie smoked a cigarette) said "Susie smoked a cigarette."  Arnie said "Joe said Susie smoked a cigarette."  Bill was spreading second hand information.  Arnie was telling the truth.  But both Bill and Arnie were helping spread gossip. 

I believe their is enough evidence to state the CBH investigation preceded the rumors.  How the rumors started is an interesting question that also needs to be investigated.

Auburn players cite Bo Nix and Derek Mason departures in Bryan Harsin criticism

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/auburn-players-cite-bo-nix-and-derek-mason-departures-in-bryan-harsin-criticism/amp/

Edited by AU-24

On 2/5/2022 at 6:42 PM, Ausburn2 said:

What is the crime?  What is the charge? What is the allegation?

"Fleshed out player accounts" are what? Comments of players who are no longer on the team? They didn't like Harsin and left? 

Mob rule is also not new to the internet age.

Mob rule is alive and well online, especially on Twitter.  Also known as cancel culture.

I kind of hate to defend the PTB, but this doesn't really feel right from them. With CGM we went from people speculating his future in early December to him being fired a week later. Auburn made a pretty quick decision as soon as the season was over. If it is the PTB that was behind all of this, why would they wait until February to start it? It seems to me they knew what to do last year and just cut it off as soon as possible to give the best chance to keep things under control. Waiting two months to start trying to get rid of your HC doesn't really make sense to me.

The more I think about it, this is starting to feel like there is somebody close or was close to Auburn who is either mad at Harsin and wants to damage him. It could as be that someone heard a rumor or caught something inappropriate happening and let it slip to the wrong person before the validity/proof could be solidified.

• Like 1

For everyone blaming this on the "powers that be": 

Please list these individuals by name and your relationship to them, also please include what you directly heard them say regarding Coach Harsin and to whom it was said.  

• Like 1