Beijing Winter Olympics 2022

AUBwins

Figured we could use a thread to discuss the Games. 

USA 🇺🇲 beat 🇫🇮  Finland in Women's Hockey first match.  Lost a veteran player for the rest of tourney though to a knee injury.  

Cool story for the first Gold for US.  Lindsey Jacobellis won the Gold in snowboard cross.  She started in 2006 Olympics but had mishaps in every Olympics leading up to this one.  In her 5th Olympics at age 36, she wins the first and currently only Gold for the USA in 2022.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

End of an era.  I was pulling for Shaun really hard, even though it was an uphill battle.

https://youtu.be/Ejn3JowlgW8

Yea you would like to have seen that one last epic run to get Gold. Although at least the guy that won it had been Silver behind Shaun the last 2 Olympics.  So cool for him to finally acheive his dream.  Seems like the extreme winter sports are all buddies with each other and celebrate together.  Love that.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, abw0004 said:

@cole256 I don't know if you follow the Olympics but this was a fun run to watch.  History was made!

She is also from Ocala Fl and went to UF....Sunshine State speed skater who would have thought

• Like 2

Watching US curling match now.  John Schuster just an incredible shot.  Bounced off his own rock on the edge then bounced around 3 different rocks to hit the center.  Plays out better in my head than explaining it lol

https://youtu.be/kru8HIFky0A

The shot is at the end of this video. Around 3 min mark. 

Edited by AUBwins