Is it time for a change?

SRBautigerfan

I was going to do a poll but it didn’t seem to work.  anywho…

Regardless of your original support or non support of the hiring of Brian Harsin, at this point after hearing all the reputation damaging accusations leveled against him personally and professionally, do you think he can truly recover from and effectively recruit the best players and lead the fb team to a level most fans expect?  Yes or no.  

I’ve been supportive of the hire and was encouraged in the beginning.  Even though there were signs that we were in for a long rebuilding process I was still supportive that he was the guy to do it.  But after all the dirty laundry being aired out on social medias for all to see there’s just no way to truly recover from that and still effectively do your job at a high level.  Whether they buy him out or find cause for termination it seems to me Brian Harsin’s time at Auburn is done immediately.

Edited by SRBautigerfan
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 2
  • Dislike 1

Would have been perfectly fine if the administration had fired him for performance scaring the sh**t out of them after one year if they could afford it. Would have demonstrated Auburn's further lack of leadership and impulsiveness. But that's the organization's prerogative. Now that all this crap has been aired in public, Auburn is on it's heels to 1) discover if there is any fireable offense that isn't just contrived - and dismiss him, 2) say "sorry there is nothing there, but we've dragged you through so much mud you can't conceivably do your job - here's your buyout/settlement", or 3) kiss and make up. What a no-win situation all around.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, AUx said:

Would have been perfectly fine if the administration had fired him for performance scaring the sh**t out of them after one year if they could afford it. Would have demonstrated Auburn's further lack of leadership and impulsiveness. But that's the organization's prerogative. Now that all this crap has been aired in public, Auburn is on it's heels to 1) discover if there is any fireable offense that isn't just contrived - and dismiss him, 2) say "sorry there is nothing there, but we've dragged you through so much mud you can't conceivably do your job - here's your buyout/settlement", or 3) kiss and make up. What a no-win situation all around.

This is where I’m at, a literal no-win situation.  I can’t think of a worse situation either.

Edited by SRBautigerfan
  • Sad 2

We will have a new coach next year, no doubt about it. How that happens is still up in the air but no doubt Harsin is in a no win situation. 🤷 Auburn is a huge laughing stock right now and it's sad. 

Hopefully after all this, we do hit rock bottom, people are exposed so we know who they are and maybe answer for all of this and we somehow come out on top, but who knows at this point?🤷 

I'm just disappointed and sad about all of this.

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Given all that has happened, it is probably best for both sides to part ways. However, there is no good to come from it. BOT and PTB would rather meddle and have influence over the football program than build a true contender.

We can hire a new coach, which may have less drama, but it won't get us where we want to be. Wash, rinse, repeat.

So Auburn should fire a coach because someone made untrue accusations against him? And no one even knows who made the accusations! First, we need to let the investigation play out. I just can’t believe we can let him go if they find no wrong doing! No coach will ever succeed at Auburn unless he is hand picked by a certain couple of rich boosters! As long as they are pulling against coach Harsin or against the next coach brought in, none will succeed! The only way Auburn will ever be successful is for these boosters to give to Auburn University and then keep their mouths shut and let the AD do his job

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I was going to do a poll but it didn’t seem to work.  anywho…

Regardless of your original support or non support of the hiring of Brian Harsin, at this point after hearing all the reputation damaging accusations leveled against him personally and professionally, do you think he can truly recover from and effectively recruit the best players and lead the fb team to a level most fans expect?  Yes or no.  

I’ve been supportive of the hire and was encouraged in the beginning.  Even though there were signs that we were in for a long rebuilding process I was still supportive that he was the guy to do it.  But after all the dirty laundry being aired out on social medias for all to see there’s just no way to truly recover from that and still effectively do your job at a high level.  Whether they buy him out or find cause for termination it seems to me Brian Harsin’s time at Auburn is done immediately.

I'm just going to watch this play out. Personally, if the money is trumping up noise to justify a with cause out... I'll be about as disgusted with the state of our football program as I've ever been. 

That said, I think even without this campaign, Harsin's days on the plains are limited. He is recruiting poorly, selling the program poorly, his first season was a downward trajectory and given his propensity to load his staff with Boise loyalists, he doesn't have a solid grasp of what he's up against. I know Boise was scrappy and beat a few ranked teams, but on the average... if you're pulling in small classes of three stars and bleeding talent every year, you're going to have Mississippi level records at the end of it. 

What we need at this point is a Bruce Pearl, and I'm not specifically referring to his level of coaching skill. Pearl came in after a hard-ass "I'm gonna show 'em" coach who refused to connect with the student body or recruit and Pearl made basketball fun. He worked hard to get students to games. He was on TV all the time hyping up his team. He was extremely approachable to boosters, fans and media. His players have fun, the fans have fun and it carried him through NCAA investigation, penalties and a lot of negative press. Now the basketball team in #1 in the nation. Harsin is more like Barbee. He's doesn't bother to sell his program, he's abrupt and unapproachable, he doesn't seem to place a high value on recruiting, he has allegedly drawn a line between his loyalists and Auburn... and the results seem at least 5 seasons distant. That just doesn't work here and whoever vetted him and made the hire, clearly doesn't understand SEC football or its fanbase. 

Edited by aucom96
  • Like 4

The PTB screwed up the timing on this. The way to do it would be to launch an investigation behind the scenes, not leak it, and get the case air-tight not for a firing for cause, but for a much reduced settlement.

Then fire him mid-season 2022 to get ahead of other schools in the coaching search.

February is not the time to do this.

• Like 2

This is cancel culture, in action. If this happens, my whole family will never follow the Tigers, again. They won't miss us, I'm sure. I am insignificant, but there will be many others as well. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

I'm just going to watch this play out. Personally, if the money is trumping up noise to justify a with cause out... I'll be about as disgusted with the state of our football program as I've ever been. 

That said, I think even without this campaign, Harsin's days on the plains are limited. He is recruiting poorly, selling the program poorly, his first season was a downward trajectory and given his propensity to load his staff with Boise loyalists, he doesn't have a solid grasp of what he's up against. I know Boise was scrappy and beat a few ranked teams, but on the average... if you're pulling in small classes of three stars and bleeding talent every year, you're going to have Mississippi level records at the end of it. 

What we need at this point is a Bruce Pearl, and I'm not specifically referring to his level of coaching skill. Pearl came in after a hard-ass "I'm gonna show 'em" coach who refused to connect with the student body or recruit and Pearl made basketball fun. He worked hard to get students to games. He was on TV all the time hyping up his team. He was extremely approachable to boosters, fans and media. His players have fun, the fans have fun and it carried him through NCAA investigation, penalties and a lot of negative press. Now the basketball team in #1 in the nation. Harsin is more like Barbee. He's doesn't bother to sell his program, he's abrupt and unapproachable, he doesn't seem to place a high value on recruiting, he has allegedly drawn a line between his loyalists and Auburn... and the results seem at least 5 seasons distant. That just doesn't work here and whoever vetted him and made the hire, clearly doesn't understand SEC football or its fanbase. 

I cannot disagree with anything you said! It just disgusts me at the way they are going about it! I have been an Auburn fan for over 70 years but I am about done! Makes me sick!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

This is cancel culture, in action. If this happens, my whole family will never follow the Tigers, again. They won't miss us, I'm sure. I am insignificant, but there will be many others as well. 

lol

5 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Now, the power brokers will be back, and we will get someone like Steele. It's sickening, really. Money always talks. 

I thought you were leaving if Harsin’s gone? Why would you care?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Taco said:

I thought you were leaving if Harsin’s gone? Why would you care?

It brings shame on the whole Auburn family. The people driving this are idiots. I have been a fan since the fifties. Many family members went there. It is ridiculous,  you included, if you defend this action.

• Like 1

Just now, Farmer Brown said:

It brings shame on the whole Auburn family. The people driving this are idiots. I have been a fan since the fifties. Many family members went there. It is ridiculous,  you included, if you defend this action.

I don’t defend anything. I think there are underlying issues why a coup is happening under Harsin; it’s probably time to go our separate ways after this. 

But in no way is a single coach bigger than the university to where I just say I’m done supporting the university because of this. Don’t get your panties in a wad. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

No.  There is no coming back from this.  Harsin would be crippled as HC were he to stay. 

Personally, I think this is now the plan.  Maybe it didn't start out this way, but getting rid of Harsin and not buying him out at full cost is certainly the plan now

I admit I wasn't happy with the hire, but the use of dirty tricks such as this to get rid of a coach (and probably destroy the man's name and maybe his career) is evil

I'd like to to think we'll find out who was involved in this intrigue and that they'll be permanently banned from the campus and from all things Auburn.  I so hate this sort of crap and the a'holes who do it.  Of course, I know that will never happen.  And, frankly, I'm disappointed in those who are so sanguine about Harsin (potentially) being ousted in this manner.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Farmer Brown said:

Out of “likes” but totally agree!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Taco said:

I think there are underlying issues why a coup is happening under Harsin; it’s probably time to go our separate ways after this. 

We didn’t exactly attract the A List candidates after firing Gus. I shudder to think what our next candidate pool would look like. I hope the decision makers understand that before they make a move, but I’m not hopeful they will. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

We didn’t exactly attract the A List candidates after firing Gus. I shudder to think what our next candidate pool would look like. I hope the decision makers understand that before they make a move, but I’m not hopeful they will. 

I'll happily take Coach Prime or Dell.

Edited by AUwent

2 hours ago, Taco said:

I don’t defend anything. I think there are underlying issues why a coup is happening under Harsin; it’s probably time to go our separate ways after this. 

But in no way is a single coach bigger than the university to where I just say I’m done supporting the university because of this. Don’t get your panties in a wad. 

I wear briefs, dude. I'm sorry you revealed your under garment of choice. Lol

I told a friend, when I found out who the new president would be, that I felt like it would eventually lead to Greene being shown the door and the Good Ole Boys being back in control.

2 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

If he truly did something wrong, time to go. If this is a witch hunt, hell no. 

Yep. I’m pro Harsin until he is gone for cause or a lack of results on the field.

• Like 1