Is it time for a change?

SRBautigerfan

30 minutes ago, provibe said:

I’m sure you would 

Sorry, but after going through this, those would potentially be the best we can get. Do you honestly see us getting someone like Aranda?

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

I'll happily take Coach Prime or Dell.

Dell seems to be great recruiter but has never at any stop been more than position coach with adding  titles (run game coordinator/asst HC). Prime is definitely an up and coming coach ( successful at the level he is at and seems to be able to recruit) but I would not see him as experienced as we would need yet. Just my take.

14 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Dell seems to be great recruiter but has never at any stop been more than position coach with adding  titles (run game coordinator/asst HC).

I get that, but there are two coaches in the league that I would gladly take right now who were also position/assistant head coaches.

If you honestly think we could get a "proven winner," at least say who.

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Sorry, but after going through this, those would potentially be the best we can get. Do you honestly see us getting someone like Aranda?

I don’t see us getting ANYBODY! Let alone anybody better than what we have

Just now, provibe said:

I don’t see us getting ANYBODY! Let alone anybody better than what we have

Fair. Then facepalming me when I suggest a guy with a ton of connections throughout the region and who could probably assemble a damn good staff, when there's been several position/AHCs who have been successful, makes very little sense.

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Fair. Then facepalming me when I suggest a guy with a ton of connections throughout the region and who could probably assemble a damn good staff, when there's been several position/AHCs who have been successful, makes very little sense.

Ok, we can have that discussion when and if Auburn fires the coach that we already have 

In response to your title of the thread....Yes, it is time for a change.  It's time for those men or women who call themselves boosters to think of Auburn University first and not their own egos.  We all know they donate millions of $$ and we who are Auburn fans thank them.  But they have done so much harm to Auburn this time that it will take years to overcome, if it can be overcome at all.  Nationally Auburn is the laughingstock of college sports, even though our basketball team is #1 in the country.  Auburn has always had the reputation of too much influence by the boosters and it is time for this to end!

I'm not an A club member but I would like to see the thousands of members of this group sign a petition demanding the board of trustees do something about these boosters who constantly hurt Auburn.  I'm sure in their minds they think they are doing good, but in reality they are hurting Auburn's reputation.  The A Club men and women carry a lot of weight with the university since they actually attended and played for Auburn.  I would think the president and board majority would listen to their appeal and take action.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Farmer Brown said:

This is cancel culture, in action. If this happens, my whole family will never follow the Tigers, again. They won't miss us, I'm sure. I am insignificant, but there will be many others as well. 

This is not cancel culture at all.  Cancel culture is when someone actually does something a contingent of our society believes to be reprehensible and gets fired/faces the consequences of their actions. 

1 hour ago, Didba said:

This is not cancel culture at all.  Cancel culture is when someone actually does something a contingent of our society believes to be reprehensible and gets fired/faces the consequences of their actions. 

The matter of whether something is reprehensible or not, is left up to the opinions of the contingent, who deems them reprehensible. It's OK to admit you are wrong. Try it sometime. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

The matter of whether something is reprehensible or not, is left up to the opinions of the contingent, who deems them reprehensible. It's OK to admit you are wrong. Try it sometime. 

I admit when I am wrong all the time on here.  Literally earlier today and yesterday. Nice try though.

12 minutes ago, Didba said:

I admit when I am wrong all the time on here.  Literally earlier today and yesterday. Nice try though.

Don’t even try with him. He’s the King of La La Land.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AUwent said:

Prime would be the right get, but I doubt he would come here.  I am not sure who would want to coach at Auburn.  You have an AD who was told his contract will not be renewed because of PTB and you have the PTB.  We are gonna Be a tough sell to get any name at all.  The fan base will be disappointed in the hire and the new coach.   The new President should just release Greene from the contract and hire a new AD and see what the hell happens from there.

15 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Prime would be the right get, but I doubt he would come here.  I am not sure who would want to coach at Auburn.  You have an AD who was told his contract will not be renewed because of PTB and you have the PTB.  We are gonna Be a tough sell to get any name at all.  The fan base will be disappointed in the hire and the new coach.   The new President should just release Greene from the contract and hire a new AD and see what the hell happens from there.

Are u kidding . Prime would take the job in a heartbeat. 

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Are u kidding . Prime would take the job in a heartbeat. 

Prime Time might indeed be an interesting hire. The best black athletes would flock here to play for him.  But Harsin will work out well, maybe very well, if the Bubba boosters would stay out of the way. They probably won’t, they never have. Their money has always let them run the place like a plantation, and they have repeatedly screwed it up. Too many of the fan base and the money boys already don’t like Harsin because he’s Mormon and he’s not from down South.They’re sabotaging him because the money bosses wanted Steele; they were complicit to the mess of betrayal in Gus’s last days. They’ll run AD Greene off also, because, we’ll, you know. 

AU would never hire Prime anyway. Hate to say it, but despite majority of our players being black, Auburn PTB would never hire a black head coach. You’ll probably never see one at AU. Especially one as flashy as Prime Time was when he played. They’ll remember that and think bad things. If he stays at it and establishes a few more years of coaching cred, he’ll be one of the hottest candidates out there. He’s training boys to be men where he is now and had grabbed some prize recruits from the big schools. He may decide to coach in the Pros, where he would have a job in a minute- and might not be willing to put up with all the drama in a big college football program.

Maybe they would accept Deon cause he does like to fish big time? Naa. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Let me preface this by saying I've been supportive, yet cautiously optimistic about Harsin the whole time. I've also turned the tv off after the Miss St. and Scar games saying "they should all be fired". I never posted those sentiments publicly because I knew the staff and players have more vested interest in the games than I, so I would just War Eagle Anyway and move on to the next. I supported (never fully embraced) Gus because I knew what would happen if he was fired, which is what is about to happen...again. Our University does not have a realistic contingency plan for hiring the next HC. They will stumble around like they've never done this, offering the job to candidates who just watched us fire a HC for 8 straight winning seasons and then firing his replacement after 1 season. This is the epitome of lose/lose. Harsin has fumbled the ball out of gate and left minimal hope for the future, but what hope is there has been diminished by our University not supporting him. It seems parting ways is inevitable at this point, but navigating Auburn's version of 2012 Arkansas seems disastrous.

• Like 1
  • Love 1