Honest question about Auburn football

Eagle Eye 7

One question and answer it honestly. Do you think Auburn football team today is better prepared for next year than they were at this time last year ?

If your answer is yes please describe where you think we progressed and how you think that progression will move forward. 
  This is not about Harsin, this is just about where you think Auburn improved its chances going forward as related to football . Again be honest. 

Maybe I'm ignorant, but how in God's name can you be better prepared for next year with this carnival going on?

The ideal situation for me would be Harsin draws a line in the sand (diplomatically of course) and goes to war with the guys he's got who want to be here. There's plenty of talent in the locker room. I think you might end up with a squad of guys with the heart of those good Boise teams that beat the big boys. If it works, build on it. If it don't hire your typical SEC retread like Steele or Muschamp that will dance to the BOT's tune next year.

4 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

One question and answer it honestly. Do you think Auburn football team today is better prepared for next year than they were at this time last year ?

If your answer is yes please describe where you think we progressed and how you think that progression will move forward. 
  This is not about Harsin, this is just about where you think Auburn improved its chances going forward as related to football . Again be honest. 

Can’t answer that honestly without knowing who the OC is.

The starters may eventually be better prepared. But depth will catch up to us. That is part of rebuilding a program.

19 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I think you've asked the question that needs to be answered now. My honest answer is no.   cant say we have improved.  I believe that  stability in any organization makes you better. We have had anything but stability. Straight losses at end of season, quarterbacks not  ready, Coaching carousel,  high transfers, low recruiting numbers. I can't say we have improved  our chances. Thanks for the question. I need to ask myself that.

YES, providing our toxic fan base and PTB doesn't blow everything up. 

- Our Oline is returning a bunch of starters. Not only starters, but people who were hurt. So if they stay healthy, they have one more year experience and more depth. We need some upgrades in talent, we didn't get that, but we did keep what we have and have more experience and some injured players returning. 

- Running backs, we have two excellent backs returning. More time in the system and more experience.

- Starting QB may be a wash, but with a good freshman coming in we should have more depth. Plus more time in the system to learn.

- WRs weren't that good last year, I don't think our WR core will be better but I expect it to be about as good. 

- Defense - We got some good DL transfers and we lost some and we have some key players coming back, like Pappoe. We also got some good secondary players in. Overall I think the D talent will be about the same, so the question is who comes in for coordinator. 

Plus, everyone who is left has bought in to the Harsin philosophy, which appears to be a hard nosed, work hard, play hard attitude. 

Of course the typical AU drama will probably subvert all that and we'll probably fire the coach. Then we'll have such a great reputation we'll likely get a high school coordinator for our next coach and spend the next 10+ years being the west's version of vandy, but I digress. 

Yes. In many areas one could argue the player development improved leading to a positive outlook for next season. 

I saw the overall QB development improved. 
Wide receivers improved. Tight end play showed vast improvement with the scheme of our coaches. D-line grew up some toward end of season. O line seemed to stay stagnant all year. 

• Like 2