History repeating itself?

WarEagle1982

Yes.  With Lowder’s daughter, Catherine.  She was his assistant at the time….it was so bad Bowden and his wife had to make a public statement about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

Yes.  With Lowder’s daughter, Catherine.  She was his assistant at the time….it was so bad Bowden and his wife had to make a public statement about it. 

Sounds eerily similar, doesn’t it?

Just now, WarEagle1982 said:

Sounds eerily similar, doesn’t it?

A bit although different circumstance.  

The story is that Lowder traded donations to Samford athletics equal to her salary in exchange for Bowden giving her a job as his assistant there….then when he was brought to Auburn, of course Catherine was set to come with him. 

So basically Lowder set her up with that job and in a nutshell paid her salary as well. 

5 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

A bit although different circumstance.  

The story is that Lowder traded donations to Samford athletics equal to her salary in exchange for Bowden giving her a job as his assistant there….then when he was brought to Auburn, of course Catherine was set to come with him. 

So basically Lowder set her up with that job and in a nutshell paid her salary as well. 

Yes.  I read an article about that.  I read some others where Bowden was interviewed and basically, because he wasn’t interested in being a cog in the power structure there, he lost favor with the PTB.  Most of those he mentioned are still involved now.

So their(PTB) narrative is that Harsin is over his head. This has been the theme from Pass the biscuits for a while. Recruiting was an issue all season, but he finished strong in the early signing period. There were/are rumors floated about him and members of his family, there seems to be an issue with malcontent players being shown the door, the coordinators sucked and he changed them. Somehow this is all Harsin’s fault. They want to replace him and hope that they can get the malcontents to crucify him, so they can save some money. In the mean time disregard all of the rumors and insinuations because the money people didn’t cause any of this? Have I missed anything?

P.S. I forgot the other issue that I heard yesterday…the money people are also upset with Harsin that Bo Nix left…even though his family blamed the fan base…

Edited by imaolgatiger
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

So their(PTB) narrative is that Harsin is over his head. This has been the theme from Pass the biscuits for a while. Recruiting was an issue all season, but he finished strong in the early signing period. There were/are rumors floated about him and members of his family, there seems to be an issue with malcontent players being shown the door, the coordinators sucked and he changed them. Somehow this is all Harsin’s fault. They want to replace him and hope that they can get the malcontents to crucify him, so they can save some money. In the mean time disregard all of the rumors and insinuations because the money people didn’t cause any of this? Have I missed anything?

Sounds about right