Nick Brahms- 'Team Leaders Want Meeting With BoT & Pres.'

IronMan70

Don't know where all this stands at this hour but this is what Nick Brahms tweeted about an hour ago. There are also some interesting comments from Auburn fans supporting him and the other team leaders. Many of the responders also tagged CBH and Green.

Edited by IronMan70
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

The admin needs to pay VERY close attention to Nicks request, particularly the other names of players involved. Good for them for standing up for their team and program. 

A8F78A2F-BF14-4926-8476-9519F15B19A5.png

Edited by Gowebb11

Problem is, if the allegations are true, the president and AD will not be able to discuss any personnel issues with them.  Maybe they can say that “We have proof of fireable offenses.”  But not a lot more than that.  I’m not sure the players will get too much out of the meeting.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Problem is, if the allegations are true, the president and AD will not be able to discuss any personnel issues with them.  Maybe they can say that “We have proof of fireable offenses.”  But not a lot more than that.  I’m not sure the players will get too much out of the meeting.  

Very good point that I had not considered. 

Although I imagine it would mean something to them just to be heard. And I think they are owed that. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cbo said:

Very good point that I had not considered. 

Although I imagine it would mean something to them just to be heard. And I think they are owed that. 

I agree that they should be heard.  It can be frustrating if you get no answers.  The AD and president need to be as honest and forthcoming and understanding as possible.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

They can and should discuss personnel issues with members of the team if the players may have personal knowledge of it. They should not be precluded if they can provide insight as part of the investigation that is. Assuming its not complete. If not, they should ask general questions about Harsin's leadership and just listen. There is a right (and legal) way to do all this. It's not particularly rocket science.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Then again, maybe they have seen or heard some things and have important info relevant to the situation. No way to know unless you talk to them. 

4 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

They can and should discuss personnel issues with members of the team if the players may have personal knowledge of it. They should not be precluded if they can provide insight as part of the investigation that is. Assuming its not complete. If not, they should ask general questions about Harsin's leadership and just listen. There is a right (and legal) way to do all this. It's not particularly rocket science.

And I forgot the fact that it is a public institution, so everything will come to light anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Don't know where all this stands at this hour but this is what Nick Brahms tweeted about an hour ago. Also, read some of the responses of all the Auburn fans supporting him and the other team leaders. Looks like CBH and Green are being copied with these  responses too.

Them not having  been talked to by the decision makers tells u all u need to know. This is more than Harsin  being mean or not caring about players. It's much deeper than that

27 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Them not having  been talked to by the decision makers tells u all u need to know. This is more than Harsin  being mean or not caring about players. It's much deeper than that

Well, looks like both Harsin and the university fixing to get exposed. Doesn't matter how egregious it is or how slam dunk of a case, he has a right to his day and court. The university and others better make sure they don't have any skeletons. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

That's a leap of Evil Knevil proportions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

What allegations? Affair with an employee? Racism? Being a hardass? Not talking to parents? I'm definitely curious as to what may be a fireable offense? Does FOIA apply for a public university? I hope Harsin has the balls to make them fire him if this is all a power grab by POTB. Burn this incestuous, nepotistic, crony capitalistic university to the ground if it's a baseless jetgate type fiasco. I may be done with this redneck good ole boy outfit either way. Tired of watching ground hog day and brother in law dropping and breaking jelly glasses so we can't have nice things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Seems strange to have not talked to the leaders of team. Maybe it's happening now, but they've already made their decision

When or if all of the players supporting Harsin leave, where does that leave us? What if it’s a huge number? This will be fun interesting to watch.

Edited by wcware

7 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Seems strange to have not talked to the leaders of team. Maybe it's happening now, but they've already made their decision

Alan Greene already spoke with the team.

• Like 1

• IronMan70 changed the title to Nick Brahms tweet- Team Leaders Want Meeting with BoT and President
5 hours ago, metafour said:

Alan Greene already spoke with the team.

He spoke AT the team…

• Like 1

• IronMan70 changed the title to Nick Brahms- 'Team Leaders Want Meeting With BoT & Pres.'
17 minutes ago, Taco said:

Love Nick Brahms but he’s speaking out of his ass on this one. 

What makes you say that?

It appears to me he is being a leader and wanting to keep the team informed as well as give the teams 2 cents.

I have seen nothing definitive anywhere.  It is all hearsay to us until it's not.  i would imagine the players are the same way .

Just now, AUGoo said:

What makes you say that?

It appears to me he is being a leader and wanting to keep the team informed as well as give the teams 2 cents.

I have seen nothing definitive anywhere.  It is all hearsay to us until it's not.  i would imagine the players are the same way .

Have to agree Goo. Players are the most to win and lose in this situation. I feel Nick wants real answers and likes the way the program is heading under Harsin. Nothing wrong with fighting for something that you want and believe in. 

5 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

What makes you say that?

Players met with AD Greene and a select few stuck around longer to further address the situation. Two of the people he tagged was there to further address the situation. I think even Hokanson reported this in his premium boards. It could have been PM idk, but people with info know Brahms is speaking out of his ass. He may not know what’s going on, and he’s just doing what he may believe is right, but he doesn’t know the full extent of even what’s going on regarding meetings with the AD 

5 minutes ago, bootskii said:

Have to agree Goo. Players are the most to win and lose in this situation. I feel Nick wants real answers and likes the way the program is heading under Harsin. Nothing wrong with fighting for something that you want and believe in. 

Nick is in his last year so he’s gone regardless, so no he’s not go the most to win or lose in this situation. And players don’t know what’s best for them if it hit them upside the head half the time. Most people in athletics understand this. He’s acting as a fan, and fans are fickle. 

im sure I’ll get a lot of hate for this post, I tried to avoid it but I just had to say my peace. Let it commence. But Harsin absolutely should not be the man, unless you’re okay with just chilling in the middle with the  Mississippi teams, Missouri, USCe, and whatever mid-tier SEC football program when we have the money to spend like the Georgia’s, A&Ms, and Bamas of the world.

• Dislike 2

1 hour ago, CCTAU said:

He spoke AT the team…

He interviewed players as part of AU's investigation into the allegations. Notice how Brahm's Tweet is going ABOVE Alan Greene? He wants to meet with the President and BOT...because the AD already spoke to the players.

• Like 1