TIFWIW

TigerHorn

According to one of the free boards, Phillip Marshall has said "Firing is imminent". Kind of vague, don't know how much cred PM has any more, but that's what was posted. Just a crappy situation for all involved - Harsin, players, AU, alums, fans.....

Mods can move to the mega thread as needed, just thought some might have given up on following that thread. 

Edited by TigerHorn
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

He and I believe Jay G. made it seem like he would be canned this afternoon. Yet here we are with no news. It seems pretty obvious that he's gone, but the timeline keeps getting pushed back for some reason

29 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

According to one of the free boards, Phillip Marshall has said "Firing is imminent". Kind of vague, don't know how much cred PM has any more, but that's what was posted. Just a crappy situation for all involved - Harsin, players, AU, alums, fans.....

Mods can move to the mega thread as needed, just thought some might have given up on following that thread. 

PAM posted an article that it was imminent about 4 hours ago. Not meaning that to be smart, just to give you a heads up most folks are aware of that.

It's a fascinating situation. If they can him for cause, not only is he getting his dirty laundry aired but so is the university, etc. They probably don't want it in court for these reasons. Try and get him to settle and both sides win.

But here's the catch. Harsin may have the balls and ego to call their bluff and/or go scorched earth, like Galloway. Then they either pay him the full buyout or back off. Could be why this keeps getting pushed back. Even if it's a smoking gun, he can still sue and expose things. Very precarious situation 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I will say, we'll know pretty quickly if it's for cause or not. If you don't see a real fight from Harsin's side, that should be an indicator. If you see a lawsuit filed in the next week, that could be a different indicator. Either way, I don't think the AD will tell us if it was or wasn't for cause

4 minutes ago, au302 said:

It's a fascinating situation. If they can him for cause, not only is he getting his dirty laundry aired but so is the university, etc. They probably don't want it in court for these reasons. Try and get him to settle and both sides win.

But here's the catch. Harsin may have the balls and ego to call their bluff and/or go scorched earth, like Galloway. Then they either pay him the full buyout or back off. Could be why this keeps getting pushed back. Even if it's a smoking gun, he can still sue and expose things. Very precarious situation 

And we've had these type of guys for the past 2 decades that just do not have it in them to go hard at the boosters like that. Say what you want about Harsin and his family, but they wear that...chippiness...on their sleeves. The daughters and wives are probably going to run to the presses regardless, but we'll see how Bryan plays it. 

• Like 1

All of the mods are saying he will probably be fired on every AU site. This is just amazing that it has come to this in just 1 year. 
I was so excited when he had his press conference and then hired Mason as DC. 

It is amazing and sad we are where we are at this point. 

• Like 6
  • Facepalm 2

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

All of the mods are saying he will probably be fired on every AU site. This is just amazing that it has come to this in just 1 year. 
I was so excited when he had his press conference and then hired Mason as DC. 

It is amazing and sad we are where we are at this point. 

Speaking of Mason do anyone think he would be a candidate for the head coach job?   Maybe he and Austin got wind of the rumors and that is why they left?

• Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

This isn't just bad, this is industrial strength bad. I can't imagine who they would get as a replacement. JMO but I don't see any coach worth a s--t wanting this job.

Why I keep wanting Prime time. He can be bought. Net worth is only $40 million and salary is only is only $300,000. Also, he could bring Travis Hunter with him. No Brainerd. . Just won 2021 Eddie Robinson coach of the year. Just read the articles on his recruiting. It would be a splash hire.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 4

2 minutes ago, aubietiger14 said:

Speaking of Mason do anyone think he would be a candidate for the head coach job?   Maybe he and Austin got wind of the rumors and that is why they left?

Are you serious, or are you phishing?

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, aubietiger14 said:

I think Austin was leaving regardless of Harsin. Something with him personally. 

• Like 3

An interim will be selected and a search will begin. Believe it or not there's a few coaches out there who would jump at the opportunity. Qualified coaches.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Dislike 3

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

An interim will be selected and a search will begin. Believe it or not there's a few coaches out there who would jump at the opportunity. Qualified coaches.

Who might these coaches be pray tell?

• Like 1

This is horrible, no matter for cause or not. I mean honestly, if its for cause then maybe we can salvage this PR wise. If not, who the hell wants to come here when you can easily be pushed out? 

• Like 7
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

This is horrible, no matter for cause or not. I mean honestly, if its for cause then maybe we can salvage this PR wise. If not, who the hell wants to come here when you can easily be pushed out? 

How do you know Harsin did not do things that led to this?

Maybe he deserves to be “pushed out”. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, au302 said:

Pass the popcorn. Either way it goes AU just created another mess.

8 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Believe it or not there's a few coaches out there who would jump at the opportunity. Qualified coaches.

Damn straight there is

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Dislike 3

11 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

Why I keep wanting Prime time. He can be bought. Net worth is only $40 million and salary is only is only $300,000. Also, he could bring Travis Hunter with him. No Brainerd. . Just won 2021 Eddie Robinson coach of the year. Just read the articles on his recruiting. It would be a splash hire.

Honestly I'd try it... but would Neon Deion get the autonomy to do things his way? Of course not, because we are country club masquerading as a Power 5 football program.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WarEagleT said:

Pass the popcorn. Either way it goes AU just created another mess.

Sucks no matter how you slice it. NUTS

18 minutes ago, aubietiger14 said:

Hell no

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Sucks no matter how you slice it. NUTS

Sucks, but AU sets in the most fertile football area in the country and we have wealth.  Just need the right person who knows how to do more than scheme football.  You gotta be able to market the brand.  We can turn around quickly IF we make the right hire.  

• Like 7

Just now, AUCE05 said:

Sucks, but AU sets in the most fertile football area in the country and we have wealth.  Just need the right person who knows how to do more than scheme football.  You gotta be able to market the brand.  We can turn around quickly IF we make the right hire.  

Totally agree

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1