TIFWIW

TigerHorn

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Or Craig...

Or Lashlee...

Or Lindsey... 

We're so stupid. Even the disgruntled players that left say CBH could be the next Saban. Give the man some help with his interpersonal skills and let the man work.

We could probably get them cheaper if we bought all 3 at once

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

AD Greene has done a good job imo. We have 6 or 7 sports ranked in the top 20 nationally right now. 

He’s getting a lot of help from General Burgess.

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Just wait...if/when he does, how many of our best starters that chose to come back decide to leave.  

That’s the one thing that blows my mind in all of this.

Timing. It’s literally couldn’t be worse. If he is s-canned now and it’s not “for cause”, watch out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Timing. It’s literally couldn’t be worse. If he is s-canned now and it’s not “for cause”, watch out.

Nothing to stop any of them from leaving

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Nothing to stop any of them from leaving

Other than a place to land.  Doesn't every other school have the exact opposite problem that we do, i.e., struggle to get down to 85 players?

35 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Just wait...if/when he does, how many of our best starters that chose to come back decide to leave.  

Seems a fair number of players, of their own free will, chose to come back for the 2022 season. I’m thinking they felt they became better players under Harsin and were looking to improve their draft stock even more. All of them could bolt.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Hey, at least it’ll be way more efficient to fire all three of them at once next year.

See we need great minds like yourself in Auburn. It’s all about streamlining this shite show.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

I could see Freeze, Grimes, Rhule, baby Briles, Odom, Drinkwitz, Brown, maybe some NFL assistants. 

That’s a good list.   I really like Rhule!!!  That would be amazing!!!   Freeze is a better version of Gus, I’d take it.   I like Grimes. He has done really well everywhere he’s been.   HC in the SECW would be a serious step up.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Or Craig...

Or Lashlee...

Or Lindsey... 

We're so stupid. Even the disgruntled players that left say CBH could be the next Saban. Give the man some help with his interpersonal skills and let the man work.

Is it possible to find an unknown, expensive, washed up, 'Auburn Man', from a small unknown college with a mediocre W/L record?  Because you know that who we'll be targeting for our new HC. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Is it possible to find an unknown, expensive, washed up, 'Auburn Man', from a small unknown college with a mediocre W/L record?  Because you know that who we'll be targeting for our new HC. 

The truth is like a stranger until it hits you right between the eyes.

• Love 1

As a Panthers fan, Matt Rhule gives me PTSD. He would follow the many coaches that failed at the NFL, only to have success in at the NCAA again.

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Well also timing might have been to get past the Feb 1 portal date as well…..

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

They would have to sit for a year correct? Unless NCAA gave them a special by.

There is a one time transfer rule…to go to another SEC and have eligibility for fall they had to be in the portal by Feb 1……May 1 is the NCAA date to be in the portal so players could transfer to non SEC programs and play immediately IF they have not already used their one time eligibility. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

As a Panthers fan, Matt Rhule gives me PTSD. He would follow the many coaches that failed at the NFL, only to have success in at the NCAA again.

He did a great job at Baylor, considering what he stepped into which was 10 times worse than what Auburn is facing. 

• Like 1

Just now, AEAugirl said:

He did a great job at Baylor, considering what he stepped into which was 10 times worse than what Auburn is facing. 

I know what he did at Baylor. I also know what he did at Temple. 

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Well also timing might have been to get past the Feb 1 portal date as well…..

There is a one time transfer rule…to go to another SEC and have eligibility for fall they had to be in the portal by Feb 1……May 1 is the NCAA date to be in the portal so players could transfer to non SEC programs and play immediately IF they have not already used their one time eligibility. 

I believe question is have they used up their 1 time transfer if they haven’t done anything at the new school? They haven’t played or practiced.

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

I believe question is have they used up their 1 time transfer if they haven’t done anything at the new school? They haven’t played or practiced.

You mean the ones that have transferred out?  if they have declared, transferred, and enrolled then yes, they have used up that eligibility is my understanding.  If they are just in the portal still they can always choose to stay at their program….I think what commits them to the new school with transfers is enrollment.  I could be wrong as I haven’t got that deep into to the technicalities of the rule. 

• Like 1