Jump to content

TIFWIW


TigerHorn
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Freeze

Grimes 

I don’t know what to go after that 

I'd look at Arkansas... Odom or Baby Briles. Possibly Ryan Silverfield at Memphis (read his bio)

I'd also look at some like Dell or maybe Corey Raymond that are stud recruiters and long time assistants.

 

Raymond is one I could really get behind

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites





1 minute ago, bigbird said:

I'd look at Arkansas... Odom or Baby Briles. Possibly Ryan Silverfield at Memphis (read his bio)

I'd also look at some like Dell or maybe Corey Raymond that are stud recruiters and long time assistants.

 

 Corey Raymond

That wouldn't hurt. I mean that's the total opposite direction. If they are upset about recruiting, we wouldn't have to worry about that

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'd look at Arkansas... Odom or Baby Briles. Possibly Ryan Silverfield at Memphis (read his bio)

I'd also look at some like Dell or maybe Corey Raymond that are stud recruiters and long time assistants.

 

Raymond is one I could really get behind

Hmmmm iono big bird lol. Odom is an interesting prospect. I just don’t know about baby briles 

Dell is also interesting if he can get the right people around him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

And many were upset that he said it. The comment has aged very well though. 

He was dead on with the comment, but I still believe OU is more in-bred than Auburn ever thought about being.  When you look at the resume's of the assistants it's almost all former players.  Virtually no outside DNA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Hmmmm iono big bird lol. Odom is an interesting prospect. I just don’t know about baby briles 

Dell is also interesting if he can get the right people around him. 

Freeze with Matt Luke as his OC would make me cry joy of happiness.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Hmmmm iono big bird lol. Odom is an interesting prospect. I just don’t know about baby briles 

Dell is also interesting if he can get the right people around him. 

Briles has some of the pedigree. Coached/learned under Briles, Kiffen, Taggart, and Pittman. 

Odom is a terrific defensive mind and I think he would have learned something after his Mizzou days.

Raymond have been a part of a lot of great defenses and coached under a lot of great DCs. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Taco said:

Freeze with Matt Luke as his OC would make me cry joy of happiness.

Make it OL coach and I'm down

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not man years ago all this drama would be upsetting to me. I am glad I have found my happy place on the golf course, even on a Saturday in the fall. What happens will happen and I will support who ever is the head coach just like I always have. 
Plus Baseball season is almost upon us. 

Edited by FUZZYAUFAN
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Kentucky Tiger said:

My sources are telling me they saw a moving van outside Rush Propst's house. They actually have a backup plan, the guy who played Coach Taylor on "Friday Night Lights"

Coach Eric Taylor all day long. I believe Riggins has some eligibility left, too! Auburn Forever, Baby.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Let's just use our brains and be realistic for a minute. We just fired a coach 1 year ago. At that time, this program was ALOT more attractive and in better shape than it currently sits. And supposedly the final 2 candidates were Harsin and Kevin Steele. Fast forward to the present and we now are a school who is firing a coach after 1 season who's QB broke his ankle when we were 6-2. And the boosters supposedly never wanted this coach. Why would Auburn be able to hire a bigger name and better coach now when we couldn't do it last year during a time when it wasn't much turmoil like it is now?? 

Also, I've said this before that Auburn has NEVER hired a "big name" coach. Shug wasn't a big name, Barfield was an OC, Pat Dye was at Wyoming, Terry Bowden was at Samford, Tuberville was barely .500 at Ole Miss, Chizik was 5-19 at Iowa St and Gus had 1 year at Arkansas State. Harsin was 69-19 at Boise and on paper he was the best coach we have ever hired. 

If, and it looks like he will, Harsin is fired, don't be expecting Auburn to pull in a big time coach. It's NEVER happened in the past and I don't see it happening now. Especially with all this turmoil in the football program. Also, don't look for the PTB to EVER allow an "outsider" to be hired again. This hire is screaming Muschamp, Steele, Lashlee, Chizik, etc. 

This guy knows Auburn

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I will say, we'll know pretty quickly if it's for cause or not. If you don't see a real fight from Harsin's side, that should be an indicator. If you see a lawsuit filed in the next week, that could be a different indicator. Either way, I don't think the AD will tell us if it was or wasn't for cause

Hey may not say it in those words, but he will have to disclose the financial terms of the separation and that will indicate if it was fort cause or not.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, rockfordpi said:

Hey may not say it in those words, but he will have to disclose the financial terms of the separation and that will indicate if it was fort cause or not.

AG staying or departing will be your answer.  Harsin was AG's hire.  If for cause, he stays, if not, he leaves.

Who then will make the next hiring decision, because the trust in AG's judgment will be compromised if for cause ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Let's just use our brains and be realistic for a minute. We just fired a coach 1 year ago. At that time, this program was ALOT more attractive and in better shape than it currently sits. And supposedly the final 2 candidates were Harsin and Kevin Steele. Fast forward to the present and we now are a school who is firing a coach after 1 season who's QB broke his ankle when we were 6-2. And the boosters supposedly never wanted this coach. Why would Auburn be able to hire a bigger name and better coach now when we couldn't do it last year during a time when it wasn't much turmoil like it is now?? 

Also, I've said this before that Auburn has NEVER hired a "big name" coach. Shug wasn't a big name, Barfield was an OC, Pat Dye was at Wyoming, Terry Bowden was at Samford, Tuberville was barely .500 at Ole Miss, Chizik was 5-19 at Iowa St and Gus had 1 year at Arkansas State. Harsin was 69-19 at Boise and on paper he was the best coach we have ever hired. 

If, and it looks like he will, Harsin is fired, don't be expecting Auburn to pull in a big time coach. It's NEVER happened in the past and I don't see it happening now. Especially with all this turmoil in the football program. Also, don't look for the PTB to EVER allow an "outsider" to be hired again. This hire is screaming Muschamp, Steele, Lashlee, Chizik, etc. 

CTT is one of the few coaches we hired that someone else wanted. He was actually talked about for the job at UAT.

People forget that CGC was head coach in waiting at Texas and would probably have been HC there had he not made that foolish move to Iowa State.

I said many times before, fans and the PTB were not going to be happy until they got us on the UT program and seem now to be we well on our way, not sure who out perpetual John Gruden will be.

People confuse "change" with "better" which is no always the case. But look on the bright side, we got away from the High School offense and threw to the tight end, that was the ultimate goal I think.

 

Edited by rockfordpi
update
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rockfordpi said:

CTT is one of the few coaches we hired that someone else wanted. He as actually talked about for the job at UAT.

People forget that CGC was head coach in waiting at Texas and would probably have been HC there had he not made that foolish move to Iowa State.

Are you sure that was Chizik? I know Muschamp was coach in waiting under Mack Brown but didn't know Chizik was. Not saying you are wrong, I just never knew about that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Are you sure that was Chizik? I know Muschamp was coach in waiting under Mack Brown but didn't know Chizik was. Not saying you are wrong, I just never knew about that.

I think CGC was one of the first Head Coaches in waiting, but I could be wrong as well. Maybe they just offered him that to stay at Texas.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

AG staying or departing will be your answer.  Harsin was AG's hire.  If for cause, he stays, if not, he leaves.

Who then will make the next hiring decision, because the trust in AG's judgment will be compromised if for cause ?

I believe it's been a forgone conclusion that Greene will be gone regardless....and before any of the trumped up charges against Harsin blew up.  It's been widely stated that his contract (which expires sometime around the end of this year) would not be renewed.  

As to your last question, Jimmy Rane is the most likely choice..

Edited by PowerOfDixieland
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At this rate the only way we could get Dell to come home IS to hire him as Head Coach!!! lol. He has only turned us down about 80348030939023 times for every other position we have gone after him for. At this rate we need to get the best recruiter possible. A closer. Talent is what we lack. We need to make up for it in a hurry. Jeff Grimes would be awesome just for the fact at least we know our biggest weakness OL recruiting would be shored up. He would bring Ryan Pugh home to be OL coach. (yes I do know why he was not able to move with Grimes to Baylor. I think he would be allowed to come home to AU though.) 

And of course Hugh Freeze is Hugh Freeze. A proven winner. A proven recruiter. I would be more than fine with any of those 3.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not reading through this whole thread. Its too depressing. If Harsin did something seriously bad or illegal then I will support firing him. If they try to fire him for something trivial then this is a disgrace. Its probably the most disgraceful thing the Auburn program has ever done. You hire a coach and don't even give him a chance. YOU DON'T EVEN GIVE HIM 2 FREAKING YEARS!!!! Its a disgrace. I can tell you a lot of fans will walk away. I hope some of the players who came back leave. We won't get a decent coach to come into this dumpster fire. Why would a decent coach go to a school that won't even give a coach 2 freakin years? Why would he go to a school with insane boosters calling the shots over the AD?

 

There better be a REALLY good reason for all of this or this will be a disaster. I still can't believe its happening. We deserve whats coming to this football program if we run out Harsin over trivial reasons or dug up personal dirt. It better be something serious. Thats all I'm saying.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would look at Dell. 
If he could attract an experienced staff around him, he would be great 
J Grimes next

I’m not opposed to Freeze 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I believe it's been a forgone conclusion that Greene will be gone regardless....and before any of the trumped up charges against Harsin blew up.  It's been widely stated that his contract (which expires sometime around the end of this year) would not be renewed.  

Yeah, I was never impressed with AG's hiring.  Add Leath's hiring and dismissal and Harsin, IF for cause, then the BOT have made some serious errors and they will need to be examined..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, au4life77 said:

We deserve whats coming to this football program if we run out Harsin over trivial reasons or dug up personal dirt. It better be something serious. Thats all I'm saying.

With all due respect, what the **** did we do to deserve this?  I'm starting to wonder if somebody seriously sacrificed a child to the football gods for Cam.  That's the only thing that could possibly come close to explaining the torture we've been through over the last decade.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

With all due respect, what the **** did we do to deserve this?  I'm starting to wonder if somebody seriously sacrificed a child to the football gods for Cam.  That's the only thing that could possibly come close to explaining the torture we've been through over the last decade.

Well said 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...