TIFWIW

TigerHorn

8 hours ago, rockfordpi said:

People forget that CGC was head coach in waiting at Texas and would probably have been HC there had he not made that foolish move to Iowa State.

No he wasn’t.   It was muschamp

6 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

No he wasn’t.   It was muschamp

I could be wrong, I know we lost two DC's back to back to Texas. I am thinking CWM replaced CGC, but they offered CGC the same deal as CWM before he left.

• Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

And hell if it doesn't work out in a year you get 18-20 million

It is a helluva job, only have to work around half of your contract and then get it all!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

And many were upset that he said it. The comment has aged very well though. 

I am trying to keep my two cents to myself on this matter.   This whole debacle really hurts and makes me feel embarrassed as a football fan.  I still love Auburn and the values it teaches, but da$n,  the PTB have really  tried to exact their will on everything to a gross level.

regarding what @Gowebb11 said -  I am officially eating crow.  I saw it differently.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, rockfordpi said:

I could be wrong, I know we lost two DC's back to back to Texas. I am thinking CWM replaced CGC, but they offered CGC the same deal as CWM before he left.

Brown didn’t offer Chizik HCIW, just Muschamp…..Chizik was CO defensive coordinator and assistant head coach. He shared his coordinator title with Duane Akina. 

Muschamp wasn’t given that title initially.  He was hired in January, and they didn’t announce he would succeed Brown until late in November. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I still love Auburn and the values it teaches, but da$n,  the PTB have really  tried to exact their will on everything to a gross level.

I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. - Auburn Creed

So am I not to assume that the Auburn leadership teaches young adults to lie to get their way? Am I not to assume that the Auburn leadership teaches young adults to spread any falsehood if it furthers your agenda even in the event you know it's not true? Creed be d@mned. 

Edited by Chaotic_zx
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

40 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

So am I not to assume that the Auburn leadership teaches young adults to lie to get their way? Am I not to assume that the Auburn leadership teaches young adults to spread any falsehood if it furthers your agenda even in the event you know it's not true? Creed be d@mned. 

Philosophically, the foundation of Auburn is the creed and values it teaches.  Anyone can drive the car into the ditch, but that doesn't mean we abandon our values.   Just because we don't have as much money or influence doesn't make the PTB  right.  There will always be more influential people running the show.  That doesn't deter me from my value system.

At the end of the day, we only have our own values and beliefs to fall back upon.  I choose believe in our value system.    Choosing to have certain values has always been a personal choice and still is.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Are you sure that was Chizik? I know Muschamp was coach in waiting under Mack Brown but didn't know Chizik was. Not saying you are wrong, I just never knew about that.

Yes on both. Chiz was really supposed to be The Guy, but most figured Muschamp would bolt before it happened. I was in Mack Brown's office a few minutes after he got off the phone with Chiz, who was in a panic over the wretched state of his ISU program headed into the Fall, and was begging CMB to help him find a way out. Three or four months later, we hired CGC. Don't know if CMB made some calls on his behalf or not, I never asked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, rockfordpi said:

It was Muschamp

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

Brown didn’t offer Chizik HCIW, just Muschamp…..Chizik was CO defensive coordinator and assistant head coach. He shared his coordinator title with Duane Akina. 

Muschamp wasn’t given that title initially.  He was hired in January, and they didn’t announce he would succeed Brown until late in November. 

Nope. I was pretty plugged in to the UT program at the time, see my other post. CGC and CWM both came with the understanding they would eventually be HCIW. That's why UT had Akina, so CGC would have a DC if CMB decided to hang it up. There were a couple of times in CMB's office where I wanted to slap him for taking AU DC's, but as a Texas Ex, I couldn't get all that angry about it. 

FWIW, I think CMB surprised himself over how many years he wound up staying in coaching. He seemed to be ready to retire as early as 2009 at any time. 

Edited by TigerHorn
  • Thanks 1

Only at Auburn do you self inflict a SMU and hammer a strong program into the ground.
Then you (think about) hiring a guy you fired before and hope it’ll be better this time. That seems to be a new tradition. Too funny.

22 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

All of the mods are saying he will probably be fired on every AU site. This is just amazing that it has come to this in just 1 year. 
I was so excited when he had his press conference and then hired Mason as DC. 

It is amazing and sad we are where we are at this point. 

JABA

8 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

Nope. I was pretty plugged in to the UT program at the time, see my other post. CGC and CWM both came with the understanding they would eventually be HCIW. That's why UT had Akina, so CGC would have a DC if CMB decided to hang it up. There were a couple of times in CMB's office where I wanted to slap him for taking AU DC's, but as a Texas Ex, I couldn't get all that angry about it. 

FWIW, I think CMB surprised himself over how many years he wound up staying in coaching. He seemed to be ready to retire as early as 2009 at any time. 

Our best friends are both Texas Exes and currently live in ATX so we visit them often. He just graduated from McCombs this past spring with his masters. 

I wish Auburn had something like the UT Club.  They are members and we go there at least once every time we visit. 

And Abel’s for texas teas 😋

Have people forgotten the disarray the 2012 team was in by the end of that season?  The discipline issues?  Didn’t he have trouble finding an OC after Gus?  Loeffler couldn’t have been 1st choice.  Chizik ain’t it.  I would gladly have Steele before Chiz.  At least Steele’s defense was good.  Aranda, Grimes, the college of Charleston coach if someone hasn’t already snatched him up.  Not Chiz though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

That’s a good list.   I really like Rhule!!!  That would be amazing!!!   Freeze is a better version of Gus, I’d take it.   I like Grimes. He has done really well everywhere he’s been.   HC in the SECW would be a serious step up.  

I don't even see an up and comer wanting to up and come to Auburn right now

Right now Auburn football is down. The way this debacle gets handled will either keep Auburn down (like Tennessee, Nebraska, FSU) or everyone around the football program pulls in the same direction and we pull out of this quickly. The SEC teams and coaches are currently at an all-time high so whatever the BOT/PTB decides, it's GOT to be right. 

You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.

I hope and pray we decide to start swimming. WDE

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 7:42 PM, TigerHorn said:

According to one of the free boards, Phillip Marshall has said "Firing is imminent". Kind of vague, don't know how much cred PM has any more, but that's what was posted. 

On 2/6/2022 at 7:54 PM, bigbird said:

Was told 24-36 h

Just over 24 hrs in….

9 hours ago, stealthyfan said:

Only at Auburn do you self inflict a SMU and hammer a strong program into the ground.
Then you (think about) hiring a guy you fired before and hope it’ll be better this time. That seems to be a new tradition. Too funny.

Screenshot_20220207-151039_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

Guest MustardSeed
11 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Exactly. This is precisely why if this all plays out to be what it really looks like then I’m officially done supporting it. I’ll stand on my own integrity and let them throw theirs in the drain without me. If it is what it looks like then they don’t deserve people with morals supporting them. Unfortunately I’ll likely be standing almost alone, but I won’t be doing it for the company. 

Some of you can obviously do what you want and think what you want but this whole thing didn’t start in a smoke filled room. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2022 at 8:57 PM, AUCE05 said:

Sucks, but AU sets in the most fertile football area in the country and we have wealth.  Just need the right person who knows how to do more than scheme football.  You gotta be able to market the brand.  We can turn around quickly IF we make the right hire.  

How is a right hire coach coming when we apparently can’t afford the right assistants that Harsin wanted?

1 minute ago, milehighfan said:

I was getting deeply concerned about what was transpiring in the football program. But I never thought it would come to this.

Indeed. I don't think any did. :(