GOP Brags on Twitter That The Party Has 'Literally Dozens' of Black People Running For Local And Federal Office.

CoffeeTiger

On 2/7/2022 at 11:13 AM, homersapien said:

Wackos exist across the spectrum.

Ever notice there are always several black people pictured behind Trump at his rallys?  Several are usually wearing "Black People for Trump" T-shirts.

(That T-shirt is probably the only thing that keeps them from being attacked and thrown out by the rest of the crowd.) ;D

Yeesh - racist much?  Why would you even insinuate such a……oh, it’s that homer clown again

• Dislike 1

On 2/8/2022 at 9:37 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

Yeah...

True, it's also true that the Democrats of that time are the Republicans of today. 

The party switch is a real, documented, factual event that happened. 

Saying, Democrats started the KKK before the party switch happened isn't the slam dunk you think it is. 

one of the most well known KKK grand wizards, David Duke, has been a Republican since 1989 and is a strong Trump supporter by the way 

Lol - 100 years of history is hard to overcome.  But, but, but muh David Duke

See George Wallace for how recently the left did left like things.  But keep erasing history, by all means

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

Lol - 100 years of history is hard to overcome.  But, but, but muh David Duke

See George Wallace for how recently the left did left like things.  But keep erasing history, by all means

I'm just repeating historical fact. I don't know what you are talking about with the , 'erasing history' line

George Wallace would be Republican if he was poli9tically active today. He was a populist who was pro-business, for small government, and low taxes.  And was frequently at odds with the national Democratic party in the 60s-70s opposing their efforts at desegregation. 

In a 1995 interview, Wallace said that he planned to vote for Republican Bob Dole in the 1996 presidential election, commenting, "He's a good man. His wife is a born-again Christian woman and I believe he is, too." He also revealed that he had voted for George H. W. Bush, another Republican, in 1992. His son, George Wallace Jr., officially switched from Democrat to Republican that same year. Wallace himself declined to identify as either a Republican or a Democrat. But he added, "The state is slowly going Republican because of Clinton being so liberal."[81]

Edited by CoffeeTiger

37 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I'm just repeating historical fact. I don't know what you are talking about with the , 'erasing history' line

George Wallace would be Republican if he was poli9tically active today. He was a populist who was pro-business, for small government, and low taxes.  And was frequently at odds with the national Democratic party in the 60s-70s opposing their efforts at desegregation. 

In a 1995 interview, Wallace said that he planned to vote for Republican Bob Dole in the 1996 presidential election, commenting, "He's a good man. His wife is a born-again Christian woman and I believe he is, too." He also revealed that he had voted for George H. W. Bush, another Republican, in 1992. His son, George Wallace Jr., officially switched from Democrat to Republican that same year. Wallace himself declined to identify as either a Republican or a Democrat. But he added, "The state is slowly going Republican because of Clinton being so liberal."[81]

One small part of history you left out is when in the late 70s he became a born again Christian and changed his views on race.  He later renounced his beliefs on race and segregation which aligned him with republicans not democrats. That would explain his voting for republicans in subsequent presidential elections.  So at least one of your statements is correct. He would be a Republican if he were still active politically today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

One small part of history you left out is when in the late 70s he became a born again Christian and changed his views on race.  He later renounced his beliefs on race and segregation which aligned him with republicans not democrats. That would explain his voting for republicans in subsequent presidential elections.  So at least one of your statements is correct. He would be a Republican if he were still active politically today.

#1 Being or identifying as a "Christian" has never been an indication whether a person is actually a racist or not. Many KKK members were in Church every Sunday, so his religious status or beliefs has no relevance. 

2# He later claimed in the 90's that he was never a major supporter of segregation in his heart and that he fought so hard for it because he knew he had to in order to be elected in the racist South. Could be completely lying to try and rehabilitate his image, who knows. https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/daily/sept98/wallace090591.htm

3#: Taking away his views on race, his other views when he ran as a Democrats were more aligned with Republican views today in many areas.

You guys are twisting yourselves into knots to try and say "Democrats are the party of racism" 

I'm trying to show you that back in the day, yes, Democrats were the socially conservative party that majorly supported racism and slavery. That is 100% correct. 

It's also 100% correct to say that the Democratic party of pre 1960's and todays Democratic party are completely different with vastly different beliefs in many areas economically, politically, and socially. They share a name, but the beliefs and types of people apart of it have changed completely.   

You're trying to re-write history because you're embarrassed at all the Conservative hillbilliys of today that like to wave around the Confederate flag and talk about the 'south rising' as if the War never ended. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

#1 Being or identifying as a "Christian" has never been an indication whether a person is actually a racist or not. Many KKK members were in Church every Sunday, so his religious status or beliefs has no relevance. 

2# He later claimed in the 90's that he was never a major supporter of segregation in his heart and that he fought so hard for it because he knew he had to in order to be elected in the racist South. Could be completely lying to try and rehabilitate his image, who knows. https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/daily/sept98/wallace090591.htm

3#: Taking away his views on race, his other views when he ran as a Democrats were more aligned with Republican views today in many areas.

You guys are twisting yourselves into knots to try and say "Democrats are the party of racism" 

I'm trying to show you that back in the day, yes, Democrats were the socially conservative party that majorly supported racism and slavery. That is 100% correct. 

It's also 100% correct to say that the Democratic party of pre 1960's and todays Democratic party are completely different with vastly different beliefs in many areas economically, politically, and socially. They share a name, but the beliefs and types of people apart of it have changed completely.   

You're trying to re-write history because you're embarrassed at all the Conservative hillbilliys of today that like to wave around the Confederate flag and talk about the 'south rising' as if the War never ended. 

Definitely still the party of racism, you’re just one of the few that can’t see it

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

20 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

Definitely still the party of racism, you’re just one of the few that can’t see it

You Betcha'.

That's exactly the reason Democrats elected both Obama (a black man) as well as Biden with a super majority of all black votes.

All those black people just "can't see it" either, right?  :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

You Betcha'.

That's exactly the reason Democrats elected both Obama (a black man) as well as Biden with a super majority of all black votes.

All those black people just "can't see it" either, right?  :rolleyes:

Nice Palin jab.

Obama was elected by the large amount of white folks that voted for him. Blacks as a block are not enough.

Biden had a super majority of black voters as do all democrat candidates, but it was smaller than the past majorities.

And yes all those black people in the past have not seen how oppressed they are by the democrat party for 50+ years.  We will chip away at that and more black voters will see that republicans don't hate them, we want them to succeed. The democrats only want to keep blacks needy and dependent on the government.

Edited by jj3jordan
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

.  We will chip away at that and more black voters will see that republicans do don't hate them

Nice Freudian slip there. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Haha 1

On 2/7/2022 at 9:21 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

Real "I've got a black friend" vibes coming from the Republican party here!

Hey look guys, our elected officials are only 96% white instead of 99% like in the past.  We're So Diverse! 

maybe if they get enough blacks in they can change some things for the better.

32 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

maybe if they get enough blacks in they can change some things for the better.

Maybe, but the few Conservative Black people who do rise to prominence in the Republican party tend to be just as crazy as a any other Republican on most issues. They tend to just adapt to the existing Republican narrative and institution rather than try to create change from within it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Maybe, but the few Conservative Black people who do rise to prominence in the Republican party tend to be just as crazy as a any other Republican on most issues. They tend to just adapt to the existing Republican narrative and institution rather than try to create change from within it. 

if i was black i would run like hell from the repubs and their batshit crazy followers. thereare at least four repubs that are so out there i honestly believe they were voted in to try and hurt the system.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 4:52 PM, aubiefifty said:

if i was black i would run like hell from the repubs and their batshit crazy followers. thereare at least four repubs that are so out there i honestly believe they were voted in to try and hurt the system.

For some people - regardless of race - money "trumps" principle. (No pun intended.;))

There's a lot of money to be made as a black Republican.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 2/17/2022 at 3:52 PM, aubiefifty said:

You would be smarter to run from the democrats. 

56 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Until the day comes when, the Republican Party flatly, unequivocally, thoroughly condemns the racists elements of their base and, refuses their support, it doesn't matter.

Oops, 

I_M4_AU apparently doesn't like this idea. 😄

19 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Oops, 

I_M4_AU apparently doesn't like this idea. 😄

I’m fine with his view.  He/she is deep into the racist America mantra and blames the Republican Party for that. We all know there are no racist Democrats. Carry on.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m fine with his view.  He/she is deep into the racist America mantra and blames the Republican Party for that. We all know there are no racist Democrats. Carry on.

Democrats aren't the ones having hissy fits over relocating or taking away Confederate Memorials from government buildings and public spaces, and if a person has a Confederate battle flag flying outside their trailer they are vastly more likely to identify as a Republican than a Democrat. 

On 2/8/2022 at 10:37 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

Yeah...

True, it's also true that the Democrats of that time are the Republicans of today. 

The party switch is a real, documented, factual event that happened. 

Saying, Democrats started the KKK before the party switch happened isn't the slam dunk you think it is. 

one of the most well known KKK grand wizards, David Duke, has been a Republican since 1989 and is a strong Trump supporter by the way 

Democrats STARTED the KKK, another proud democrat moment?

• Dislike 1

24 minutes ago, keywest said:

Democrats STARTED the KKK, another proud democrat moment?

No. The people and Democrats who did that were horrible people with horrible beliefs. 

That's still not a good defense for Republicans today. 

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Not blaming them at all.  In fact, I believe in an individual right to be a racist.  I just cannot support a political party who will insert that racism into our institutions.

What I observe is the racist element of the Republican base who, wave the idiotic confederate flag, hold rallies to march with torches while chanting in unison, "Jews will not replace us", becomes unhinged with CRT, asks questions like why can't we have a white history month or, how come I can't say the n word, summarily dismisses BLM without a thought.

You know, the same bigoted rednecks who hated Ali, Malcolm X, Black Panthers, MLK.  People who claim to cherish liberty should have respect for people willing to demand it.  I would think.  Or, is the hypocrisy an incorrect perception?

When will most southerns understand that their real enemy was not the American government, not Abraham Lincoln, not Black Americans, not integration, not equal rights.  Their enemy was the extremely wealthy plantation owners who convinced a bunch of poor people to give their lives, their son's lives for the sake of an ungodly, immoral, inhumane practice and, the corrupt politicians who were/were owned by, the same plantation owners.

• Like 2

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-vladimir-putin-florida-marjorie-taylor-greene-europe-23ec5af8af6bbac0d3dc7346607ad15b

McGeachin delivers taped speech to white nationalist meeting

By KEITH RIDLERFebruary 26, 2022

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Idaho Republican Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin and Georgia Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene were among the speakers at a white nationalist gathering in Florida.

McGeachin delivered a taped speech to the America First Political Action Conference on Friday and Greene appeared in person. McGeachin appears to be one of the highest-ranking elected state officials to have ever participated in one of the group’s gatherings.

Video on social media from the Orlando gathering showed attendees cheering for Russian President Vladimir Putin, after he ordered his forces to invade Ukraine.

McGeachin, who is running in Idaho’s gubernatorial campaign, told those gathered in Florida that she needs “freedom fighters all over this country that are willing to stand up and fight” even when that means fighting “amongst our own ranks.”

She said that while serving as acting Idaho governor, she twice issued executive orders involving COVID-19 vaccinations and mask mandates while Republican Gov. Brad Little was out of the state. Little has never issued a statewide mask mandate and fought President Joe Biden’s vaccine requirements.

The America First Political Action Conference that hosted the Orlando event is led by Nick Fuentes, described by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a white nationalist who is attempting to push the Republican Party to the extreme far-right.

McGeachin in a statement on Twitter said she was invited by the America First Political Action Conference to submit a video, “and I took the opportunity to share my views about these vital America First policies.”

She added that the “media wants us to play a guilt-by-association game.”

McGeachin’s chief of staff, Jordan Watters, didn’t respond on Saturday to email and phone messages seeking further comment on McGeachin’s decision to address the gathering.

A group of more moderate Idaho Republicans who are members of a group called Take Back Idaho on Saturday called for McGeachin to resign, saying her speech at the gathering “shows that she is openly courting the most extreme fringes of society.”

Greene, according to various media reports, said she wasn’t aware of Fuentes’ views.

Republican Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming took issue with Republicans taking part in what she called a “white supremacist, anti-Semitic, pro-Putin event.”

On Twitter, she also took issue with fellow Republicans remaining silent.

“All Americans should renounce this garbage and reject the Putin wing of the GOP now,” she tweeted.

Cheney has been setting multiple personal fundraising records despite a GOP backlash over her vote to impeach Trump in the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol and for her unrelenting public criticism of Trump. Trump backs her Republican opponent in Wyoming’s Republican primary in August.

Trump has endorsed McGeachin for Idaho governor. Little, who often touts the state’s record budget surplus of about $2 billion and significant cuts in state regulations, has not announced he’s running for reelection but is widely expected to do so in the coming weeks.

Idaho hasn’t had a Democratic governor in decades and the state’s gubernatorial election is typically decided during Idaho’s Republican primary in May because the winner of that contest almost always wins the later general election.

Another well-recognized name in the gubernatorial race, antigovernment activist Ammon Bundy, earlier this month dropped out of the Republican primary to run as an independent.

Bundy attracted international attention when he led a group of armed activists in the 2016 occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Oregon to protest federal control of public lands. He was later acquitted of federal charges in connection with the occupation.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...