Head Coaching Search 2022

Zeek

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

I will have to disagree my brother. I would love for him to get a chance and people get out the way however. 

Once he started bringing the recruits in and hired an OC and DC they would do whatever. IMO

Just now, AU80cruiser said:

Once he started bringing the recruits in and hired an OC and DC they would do whatever. IMO

Yes but it shouldn't be a once thing. He doesn't strike me as the guy to feel like he has to prove himself like that to guys, who probably never played the sport at the collegiate or professional level.

• Like 2

Who would melt more if we hired Deion, our conservative base or our SEC brethren who would fear what he would be capable of doing with AU resources and booster backing?  Would be earth shattering!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes but it shouldn't be a once thing. He doesn't strike me as the guy to feel like he has to prove himself like that to guys, who probably never played the sport at the collegiate or professional level.

I think all of it would happen instantly and simultaneously.

There are people in our fan base that were turned off by Seth Williams in game attitude. Deion Sanders is literally patient zero for on the field trash talk and showboating. And I’m sure his players are a reflection of him. Our fan base isn’t ready for that. I’m 100% sure of that.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

It’s Freeze. 

Cameron just said on local show hes heard Gouge is the only thing holding the freeze hire up. Barrett Sallee was on the show and he thinks Harsins out and itll be Freeze. Cameron said when Harsin arrives in town tomorrow it wont take long to hear the news. Sallee and Caneron agreed the Mason exit interview is what set the wheels in motion for the university to start digging. Boosters have encouraged it but they were the cause of it.

This forum is indicative of the current auburn situation.   One person says this coach and half the board says no.   Another person says this name and the other half says no way.   It surprise me if someone is announced and the twitter world starts some kind of protest and we pull a Tennessee and fire the coach before he even gets there.   

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes he would if people let him do him, but I don't trust that would happen.

I understand your concern of course, especially with what they have done in the past. I think Deon would be so popular with students, fans and recruits they would be very reluctant to do that. But in the end, results on the field will be the most important factor and I think Deon has the ability to recruit the roster to do very well there.    

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

There are people in our fan base that were turned off by Seth Williams in game attitude. Deion Sanders is literally patient zero for on the field trash talk and showboating. And I’m sure his players are a reflection of him. Our fan base isn’t ready for that. I’m 100% sure of that.

Auburn seems to like a little swag these days

1. Grimes

2. Freeze 

id rather have Harsin and let him win or lose on his own though. 

Seeing Deion come to Auburn would be hella cool but I’d rather he stayed at JSU. Him being at an HBCU is good for HBCU schools, let him build something special there

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Ok I am starting to see now. I reckon that we don't want anyone with that type of flash and credentials coming to Auburn. We just want to continue the JABA way. I keep reading all the comments about other people's baggage but apparently Prime doesn't have any and he has  to " prove himself " whatever the hell that means to a certain few.   I like the guy, we need a change. We need to break out and have some flash and a little bang bang not a damn thing wrong with it other than the g-paw fire barrel spitters that just must continue the tradition of old school ways.

Good Grief 

5 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Seeing Deion come to Auburn would be hella cool but I’d rather he stayed at JSU. Him being at an HBCU is good for HBCU schools, let him build something special there

I think he would achieve more as the only minority coach in the SEC than he will as a coach at JSU, but  I understand your thinking.

11 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I’d also hate to hire him and bolt once mama/FSU came calling.

1 hour ago, WarTiger said:

Oh my God, NO.  As much of a train wreck this program is now, that's who you would pick?  That would be a disaster of epic proportions.  I want nothing to do with Hugh Freeze or Kevin Steele or Muschamp, but Sanders would be #4 on that DO NOT EVER WANT IN AUBURN list.

Why?

2 hours ago, au302 said:

One I didn't think about. Brian Flores. We'd never do it, but would be legit. Pretty successful with the Dolphins, a hard a** like Harsin, and bet he could recruit big time

I would like to see how bad the game of football treats the next team that hires Flo honestly. In any sport, the first guy to do what he did usually gets a pretty staunch reprimand, and that could trickle down to the program. 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

I don’t think Prime is a good Xs and Os coach, but Auburn immediately becomes of the 5-10 “coolest” programs in the sport with him and Barstool’s backing. If they’re willing to play ball on the NIL side, we should be able to recruit as well as anyone 

• Like 3

I'll say this, while people are hating on me for saying "Coach Prime" is a NCAA sanction waiting to happen, I'll support whoever is hired as HC at Auburn University because I want to succeed. That doesn't mean I have to...like the weird looking jacket he wears on the sideline, enjoy the high school offense he runs, hold a candlelight vigil for him on campus because he's a douchebag or learn to do his TD dance. My loyalty is to Auburn, not a HC.

P.S.

Deep down inside you all know Auburn's not hiring Deion Sanders.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hay Field 101 said:

I was just looking at the responses that you received. Whats with all the thumbs down and face palms that people are giving when it comes to Sanders? he might not be your cup of tea but to an 18 to 22 year old he might be just what they want. Remember we dont play we just watch and tell everyone else what they should do.

Exactly. LSU, GEORGIA, Alabama, Texam A&M will own us the next few YEARS with OLE Miss and Arkansas are standing inline to join in. WE HAVE A TALENT PROBLEM! It took Bruce time to get the talent which has become #1. You might not like him now, but, you will after you realize that he just saved you from this again in three years.