Head Coaching Search 2022

Zeek

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I've seen coaches get railroaded. It's not fun. It damages relationships and reputations, it takes a huge toll on the family (imagine the son right now in HS), and will always follow you. Even if innocent you'll always be asked to rehash it. 

This is not a set-up question. Are you primarily concerned about the salacious accusations or the concerns about handling the team?

1 minute ago, DyeCampAlum said:

This is not a set-up question. Are you primarily concerned about the salacious accusations or the concerns about handling the team?

I don't believe the salacious rumors.  The lack of connections and ability to build relationships is an issue.  There can only be so much one-sided buy-in

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

Who would melt more if we hired Deion, our conservative base or our SEC brethren who would fear what he would be capable of doing with AU resources and booster backing?  Would be earth shattering!

Already talked to the bammers . They believe Prime time will get us to the top. Also, they have the memes ready to go if we hire Freeze

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

My problem is he's not really proven enough as a coach to run a daggum SEC program.

Let him prove it at a D1 program first.

Then it will too late. Auburn is not a top 20 hire as of today. He wiil be a top ten coach by then. MAJOR NIL will follow him as we speak.

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 2

2 hours ago, WarEagleT said:

People that don't understand insider football. It's only taken Deon one coaching season to show what he's capable of. NFL Hall of Famer, Polished enough to be CBS Pre Game NFL host, damn sure knows the x's and o's, and a tremendous motivator. Has so many contacts in the Pros (including fellow Hall of Famers) and in college, and  could line up a coaching dream team- OC and DC + position coaches, and lights out recruiters.  But people be worried about what they perceive as shuck and jive from his playing days. Deon is all grown up now but still doesn't fit their old school stereotypes.

Amen! Their old way of thinking is why we are here AGAIN wasting millions and preaging ourselves, while becoming the joke of football.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t think Prime is a good Xs and Os coach, but Auburn immediately becomes of the 5-10 “coolest” programs in the sport with him and Barstool’s backing. If they’re willing to play ball on the NIL side, we should be able to recruit as well as anyone 

My concern with Deion would be player discipline and work ethic. His team played some of the most undisciplined football I have ever seen against South Carolina St. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Not really up to him anymore...

That's what I don't understand. I get what you're saying, he's on his way out, but it's still up to the guy to sign off so long as he is still the President. I don't see why he couldn't refuse to sign off. The board could force him to retire tomorrow I suppose

• Like 1

Just now, au302 said:

That's what I don't understand. I get what you're saying, he's on his way out, but it's still up to the guy to sign off so long as he is still the President. I don't see why he couldn't refuse to sign off. The board could force him to retire tomorrow I suppose

He may resist initially just to have it on the record that he opposed 

29 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

My concern with Deion would be player discipline and work ethic. His team played some of the most undisciplined football I have ever seen against South Carolina St. 

yeah that was an ugly one to watch. Verdict is still out on if he can lead a winning culture 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I don't believe the salacious rumors.  The lack of connections and ability to build relationships is an issue.  There can only be so much one-sided buy-in

I appreciate the reply. I 100% agree about those rumors. Unless they're substantiated, I have no interest in them other than hoping the people who started them get head lice. And I'll freely confess, I have no idea what to make of the relationships issue. Harsin may rub my fur the wrong way sometimes, but I'll hold out hope so long as there's reason to.

Anyway, thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What would Prime's staff look like? How about:

Secondary: Adam "PacMan" Jones

Linebackers: Vonteze Burfict

DLine: Nick Fairley (need an Auburn man there somewhere)

Receivers: Terrell Owens or Antonio Brown (toss up)

RB's: Duane Henderson (may be too old or dead) if so, Tre Mason

OLine: tough one here, maybe Richie Incognito?

QB: obvious choice, Colin Kaepernick

Special Teams: Rich Bisaccia would stay this time

OC: Kellen Moore

DC: Herm Edwards

Hulk Hogan TKE | Meme Generator

Edited by oracle79
wrong name
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Prime starting to grow on me. Clown coach for a clown football program.

Is there a way to give this post both a LOL and a thumbs down rating at the same time?

• Haha 1

What are the differences between Freeze and Gus's offenses? Guessing more sophisticated routes. I hate the gimmicky HS stuff and have enjoyed watching more pro-style concepts that get guys ready for the league. But if it scores I'll live, lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, au302 said:

What are the differences between Freeze and Gus's offenses? Guessing more sophisticated routes. I hate the gimmicky HS stuff and have enjoyed watching more pro-style concepts that get guys ready for the league. But if it scores I'll live, lol

If Freeze can get the Jimmies and Joes right, I don't care if his Xs and Os are the same as Gus.