Head Coaching Search 2022

Zeek

5 hours ago, JTFazz said:

Even though I will always think of Deion as the guy who interfered with Freddy Weygand in the red zone in the 1989 Sugar Bowl and cost us an undefeated season and possible natty, I like him. But he needs more time as a head coach to make the jump to Power 5 football and navigate the dumpster fire this program has become over the last seven months.

I've hated him since then and always will. No matter what size his chain is!

4 hours ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Why would that be "a start?"  All of the other candidates have the two years you are asking for and they have not done squat but work under someone else or get fired.  Why are people scared of Prime Time? Its like taboo or something 

No one is scared. You're talking about handing the keys to a substantial business to a guy with no experience running one who has just the kind of ego that won't listen to people who could help him. He's also a guy who is on a mission for HBCU's, ever occur to anyone that his mission might trump any money we could throw at him, especially with his net worth? 

ALL D1 HC jobs are every bit as much politics as they are X's and O's, and that takes more than just personal polish and ability. Been there and lived that movie. They also require business sense. No evidence that he has those abilities, not because of who he is, but because of where he hasn't been to learn. He hasn't been so much as a GA at a D1 program has he? Smart people in roles where they have no experience or background fail at a very high rate. 

Last of all, how many superstar players in any major sport became great coaches? I've heard many times over the years that star players almost never make great coaches because they never had to worry about that last 0.01% of technique, whereas guys who could barely play at Worthless State NAIA (looking at you, CNS) make great ones because they had to sweat those details to even sniff the field. Journeymen starters down to 4th stringers are the ones who grow into coaches. 

Deion would make a recruiting splash. Maybe. The odds are immensely against him being a lasting success. The we're right back where we started from. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

I don't believe the salacious rumors.  The lack of connections and ability to build relationships is an issue.  There can only be so much one-sided buy-in

Bird does it go down tomorrow?

14 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

No one is scared. You're talking about handing the keys to a substantial business to a guy with no experience running one who has just the kind of ego that won't listen to people who could help him. He's also a guy who is on a mission for HBCU's, ever occur to anyone that his mission might trump any money we could throw at him, especially with his net worth? 

ALL D1 HC jobs are every bit as much politics as they are X's and O's, and that takes more than just personal polish and ability. Been there and lived that movie. They also require business sense. No evidence that he has those abilities, not because of who he is, but because of where he hasn't been to learn. He hasn't been so much as a GA at a D1 program has he? Smart people in roles where they have no experience or background fail at a very high rate. 

Last of all, how many superstar players in any major sport became great coaches? I've heard many times over the years that star players almost never make great coaches because they never had to worry about that last 0.01% of technique, whereas guys who could barely play at Worthless State NAIA (looking at you, CNS) make great ones because they had to sweat those details to even sniff the field. Journeymen starters down to 4th stringers are the ones who grow into coaches. 

Deion would make a recruiting splash. Maybe. The odds are immensely against him being a lasting success. The we're right back where we started from. 

Jim Tressel was a D1-AA coach at Youngstown State and had never been a head coach in Division 1 when Ohio State hired him. He came into Ohio State and won a Natty and had a perfect record both in his 2nd season there. Everybody knows how good he was at OSU. So just because Deion hasn't coached at a D1 program doesn't mean he wouldn't be successful here. WDE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TeamZero77 said:

Jim Tressel was a D1-AA coach at Youngstown State and had never been a head coach in Division 1 when Ohio State hired him. He came into Ohio State and won a Natty and had a perfect record both in his 2nd season there. Everybody knows how good he was at OSU. So just because Deion hasn't coached at a D1 program doesn't mean he wouldn't be successful here. WDE

The reason Tressel won at OSU was he out talented people but did not outcoach anyone.  In addition, the Big 10 was rather weak at that time.  If Deion comes to Auburn he is going to have to out coach not out talent teams.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Seems we may have found the new HC. Bryan Harsin

Lol, if he stays I hope this entire thread is not just locked, but deleted

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Did you watch the celebration bowl?

42 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Seems we may have found the new HC. Bryan Harsin

Who knew 24 people at a rally at Toomer's Corner would have this type of result? 

• Haha 1

With this Auburn/Harsin fiasco on every sports channel, sports radio, sites, etc, you would think Harsin would be in Auburn fighting to keep his job and trying to show everyone why he should still be the coach. Instead, he stayed tucked away on a Mexican vacation during all of this stuff. 

That is VERY telling because he told ESPN and Chris Low thursday night that he is the right man and will fight for his job and still has the right vision for our program. Then why in the hell wasn't he here fighting?? Why wasn't he joining the 24 fans that protested at Toomers Corner for him to keep his job? 

Him staying on vacation in Mexico, rather than being at Auburn trying to keep his job, showed me everything I needed to know. The decision was made and he knows he won't be Auburn's coach after tomorrow. 

Harsin also has Russ Campbell representing him out of Birmingham. Russ represented Bobby Petrino in the past and he is good at what he does. 

1 minute ago, TeamZero77 said:

With this Auburn/Harsin fiasco on every sports channel, sports radio, sites, etc, you would think Harsin would be in Auburn fighting to keep his job and trying to show everyone why he should still be the coach. Instead, he stayed tucked away on a Mexican vacation during all of this stuff. 

That is VERY telling because he told ESPN and Chris Low thursday night that he is the right man and will fight for his job and still has the right vision for our program. Then why in the hell wasn't he here fighting?? Why wasn't he joining the 24 fans that protested at Toomers Corner for him to keep his job? 

Him staying on vacation in Mexico, rather than being at Auburn trying to keep his job, showed me everything I needed to know. The decision was made and he knows he won't be Auburn's coach after tomorrow. 

Harsin also has Russ Campbell representing him out of Birmingham. Russ represented Bobby Petrino in the past and he is good at what he does. 

Lmao 

4 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Nope.

5 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Probably because he’s got a set of hangers and refuses to be pushed around by some broke back boosters (or anybody else for that matter) when he knows who he is and knows what he has and hasn’t done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

What do u predict they announce

That Bryan Harsin is no longer the coach at Auburn. I think his replacement will be announced no later than sunday. If Auburn thinks their new hire will be popular amongst the fanbase, then I think its announced sunday because the entire country will be around their TV's getting ready for the Super Bowl and that's the perfect timing for everyone to see our new guy.

16 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

If he feels like there's nothing on him and that it's all bs, as he said in his interview, then he's probably enjoying his margaritas with his family. Win/win for him if that's what he thinks. He either gets to keep coaching at his dream job or be paid 18 mil

• Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Dag, u say Harsin is officially canned tomorrow ?

I say nobody knows a damn thing, no matter how much anyone alludes to anything. What I feel is this investigation is junk and they don't have a single thing on this HC nor will this HC yield to baseless rumors.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I say nobody knows a damn thing, no matter how much anyone alludes to anything. What I feel is this investigation is junk and they don't have a single thing on this HC nor will this HC yield to baseless 

Are u a politician?