Head Coaching Search 2022

Zeek

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I say nobody knows a damn thing, no matter how much anyone alludes to anything. What I feel is this investigation is junk and they don't have a single thing on this HC nor will this HC yield to baseless rumors.

Team zero 77 says it's happening

3 minutes ago, au302 said:

If he feels like there's nothing on him and that it's all bs, as he said in his interview, then he's probably enjoying his margaritas with his family. Win/win for him if that's what he thinks. He either gets to keep coaching at his dream job or be paid 18 mil

Coaching at AU is his dream job? After the last week, seems like quite a nightmare. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarEagle1983 said:

People are actually discussing Prime. LOL. This can't be serious. CAN'T. 

Sadly they are. 

Coached for 2 years at a small program, never developed ONE player which has gone on to the league but yes, sounds like the perfect candidate for an SEC program! 

48 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Jim Tressel was a D1-AA coach at Youngstown State and had never been a head coach in Division 1 when Ohio State hired him. He came into Ohio State and won a Natty and had a perfect record both in his 2nd season there. Everybody knows how good he was at OSU. So just because Deion hasn't coached at a D1 program doesn't mean he wouldn't be successful here. WDE

LOL. 

Tressel had worked in the NFL and at Ohio State before that. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

With this Auburn/Harsin fiasco on every sports channel, sports radio, sites, etc, you would think Harsin would be in Auburn fighting to keep his job and trying to show everyone why he should still be the coach. Instead, he stayed tucked away on a Mexican vacation during all of this stuff. 

That is VERY telling because he told ESPN and Chris Low thursday night that he is the right man and will fight for his job and still has the right vision for our program. Then why in the hell wasn't he here fighting?? Why wasn't he joining the 24 fans that protested at Toomers Corner for him to keep his job? 

Him staying on vacation in Mexico, rather than being at Auburn trying to keep his job, showed me everything I needed to know. The decision was made and he knows he won't be Auburn's coach after tomorrow. 

Harsin also has Russ Campbell representing him out of Birmingham. Russ represented Bobby Petrino in the past and he is good at what he does. 

Bobby Petrino actually fired Campbell after the Arkansas fiasco.  

6 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Agree 100%. It should have never been handled like this and it's been a disgusting thing to watch.

You don't really know that at this point.

7 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

LOL. 

Tressel had worked in the NFL and at Ohio State before that. 

Ummm, I know. We were talking about HC experience at a D1 program. Tressel didn't have any HC experience at a D1 level when he took over OSU.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Ummm, I know. We were talking about HC experience at a D1 program. Tressel didn't have any HC experience at a D1 level when he took over OSU.

What you are actually trying to do  is use Tressel as an example to justify hiring Deion Sanders without mentioning ANY of Tressel’s prior coaching experience. 

The comparison is laughable.  We could make a list a mile long of coaches that have never been HCs that have gone on to successful D1 careers.  Problem is, they all had more than two year experience in coaching. 

15 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Ok? I said Russ represented Bobby Petrino in the past. 

If he was so good at what he does then why did Petrino fire him shortly after? 

Maybe it has already been mentioned, but I like Derek Mason as a replacement if it comes to that...during the recruiting period in Dec. he was part of the group that brought in some late recruits....He gets it...

• Dislike 1

23 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Girl what u Hearing? Anything new

Nothing really.  My dad’s friend isn’t saying much but also my dad doesn’t push for it either. 

I have heard more on the donor forum than from our booster friend. 

8 hours ago, Didba said:

Maybe some of those names have been floated by insiders so that why people are bring it up?

Our insiders have been stuck on the outside since Harsin arrived and it pisses them off. Not one person mentioned Chizik's name when we were hiring a new coach after 2008. It was Turner Gill, Houston Nutt, Brady Hoke, Mike Leach, etc. After 2012, alot of fans said Kirby, Gus, Petrino, etc. so fans kinda saw Gus being hired. Last year not one single person mentioned Harsin. Even when Harsin was leaked out, fans didn't believe it. Everyone was saying Cristobal, Kiffin, Freeze, Sarkisian, Napier, Elliott, etc. I've been through 7 of these Auburn football hirings and most of the time everybody is way off on predictions. It happens at Tennessee, LSU, Florida, etc. Every fanbase thinks their school will get a tier 1 coach. Sometimes it happens but most of the time they're wrong. After this last hiring fiasco, I've quit listening to our "insiders" because they are guessing on most of their articles and they know that they have to get the latest news everyday because fans are paying monthly to get this news from their site. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TeamZero77 said:

Our insiders have been stuck on the outside since Harsin arrived and it pisses them off. Not one person mentioned Chizik's name when we were hiring a new coach after 2008. It was Turner Gill, Houston Nutt, Brady Hoke, Mike Leach, etc. After 2012, alot of fans said Kirby, Gus, Petrino, etc. so fans kinda saw Gus being hired. Last year not one single person mentioned Harsin. Even when Harsin was leaked out, fans didn't believe it. Everyone was saying Cristobal, Kiffin, Freeze, Sarkisian, Napier, Elliott, etc. I've been through 7 of these Auburn football hirings and most of the time everybody is way off on predictions. It happens at Tennessee, LSU, Florida, etc. Every fanbase thinks their school will get a tier 1 coach. Sometimes it happens but most of the time they're wrong. After this last hiring fiasco, I've quit listening to our "insiders" because they are guessing on most of their articles and they know that they have to get the latest news everyday because fans are paying monthly to get this news from their site. 

I am not talking about media insiders.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

I left and went to church, and it was happening Freeze was coming and I get back and now people saying it's not happening. These boards are bipolar lol

I shall prescribe some lithium. No worries.

• Haha 2

I was listening to Chuck Oliver's Show this afternoon. He is a big Auburn homer and I like him. He mentioned Ed Orgeron as a replacement and he said "If the final 4 candidates were Ed Orgeron, Muschamp, Kevin Steele or Rhett Lashlee then who would most of the fanbase pick?" Most said Orgeron 

• Haha 1

This coaching search that hasn’t even officially started has already gone full retarded. I can’t wait until they actually are searching for a new HC to see what some come up with :popcorn:

• Like 2
  • Love 1