Head Coaching Search 2022

Zeek

Just think, if some of the media and fans are correct and Auburn hires Hugh Freeze, he will be the 3rd Arkansas State coach in a row!!!!! We should just take Arky State in and allow them to be our Triple AAA team. 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

This coaching search that hasn’t even officially started has already gone full retarded. I can’t wait until they actually are searching for a new HC to see what some come up with :popcorn:

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Sadly they are. 

Coached for 2 years at a small program, never developed ONE player which has gone on to the league but yes, sounds like the perfect candidate for an SEC program! 

I respect Prime. Especially what he's doing for HBCUs. I want HBCUs to prosper and i'd love for my son(s) to go to an HBCU and be coached by him but I don't want him at AU. Especially if AU has raised hell to get rid of Harsin. 

I hope Prime turns down the big schools and stays at Jackson to see the major changes he has started and talked about. So, I don't think it's fair to down grade him based on the school size. He has done more than coach guys. He has mentored them and teaching them beyond football; for his program and encouraging other HBCU coaches to step it up as well. 

I just thought it was funny to suggest him b/c people at AU would riot if he was even considered, let alone take the job. It's just people grasping at straws.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I was listening to Chuck Oliver's Show this afternoon. He is a big Auburn homer and I like him. He mentioned Ed Orgeron as a replacement and he said "If the final 4 candidates were Ed Orgeron, Muschamp, Kevin Steele or Rhett Lashlee then who would most of the fanbase pick?" Most said Orgeron 

Between that list I would say Orgeron too, but it’s worrisome about what happened to his teams at LSU after Burrow was done. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

This coaching search that hasn’t even officially started has already gone full retarded. I can’t wait until they actually are searching for a new HC to see what some come up with :popcorn:

well we dang sure know that it want be you or tiger horn pulling for Prime don't we? Auburn needs a change badly. Get the hell away from the breakfast club guys down at the local diner and pump some new fresh blood into our laughing pool.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

No one is scared. You're talking about handing the keys to a substantial business to a guy with no experience running one who has just the kind of ego that won't listen to people who could help him. He's also a guy who is on a mission for HBCU's, ever occur to anyone that his mission might trump any money we could throw at him, especially with his net worth? 

ALL D1 HC jobs are every bit as much politics as they are X's and O's, and that takes more than just personal polish and ability. Been there and lived that movie. They also require business sense. No evidence that he has those abilities, not because of who he is, but because of where he hasn't been to learn. He hasn't been so much as a GA at a D1 program has he? Smart people in roles where they have no experience or background fail at a very high rate. 

Last of all, how many superstar players in any major sport became great coaches? I've heard many times over the years that star players almost never make great coaches because they never had to worry about that last 0.01% of technique, whereas guys who could barely play at Worthless State NAIA (looking at you, CNS) make great ones because they had to sweat those details to even sniff the field. Journeymen starters down to 4th stringers are the ones who grow into coaches. 

Deion would make a recruiting splash. Maybe. The odds are immensely against him being a lasting success. The we're right back where we started from. 

blah blah blah the same ole crap. JABA. oh and last of all blah blah blah 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Dag, u say Harsin is officially canned tomorrow ?

Not one person who's a member of this blog knows for sure. lots and lots of things going on atm just going to have to see what happens

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I respect Prime. Especially what he's doing for HBCUs. I want HBCUs to prosper and i'd love for my son(s) to go to an HBCU and be coached by him but I don't want him at AU. Especially if AU has raised hell to get rid of Harsin. 

I hope Prime turns down the big schools and stays at Jackson to see the major changes he has started and talked about. So, I don't think it's fair to down grade him based on the school size. He has done more than coach guys. He has mentored them and teaching them beyond football; for his program and encouraging other HBCU coaches to step it up as well. 

I just thought it was funny to suggest him b/c people at AU would riot if he was even considered, let alone take the job. It's just people grasping at straws.

Its not downgrading him to state the facts of his qualifications.

If Auburn had hired a coach last year with two total years coaching experience most on this board that are pining for Deion Sanders would have rioted.  Half the fan base referred to Malzahn as “that high school coach”….but even he had vastly more experience than Deion Sanders even if a lot of it was at the high school level. 

And no one has discussed what happened at Prime Prep Academy…….which basically ruined the lives of a lot of those “high level” players he brought in on promises of accreditation and getting them to and through college only to completely collapse in a heap of debt, gross mismanagement, and lawsuits….and guess who paid the cost when their college scholarships were stripped because they no longer academically qualified? 

It takes a lot more than a great personality to be a successful SEC head coach. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Not one person who's a member of this blog knows for sure. lots and lots of things going on atm just going to have to see what happens

So this is a change from what u were thinking last week.   Guess the worm may be turning

8 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I was listening to Chuck Oliver's Show this afternoon. He is a big Auburn homer and I like him. He mentioned Ed Orgeron as a replacement and he said "If the final 4 candidates were Ed Orgeron, Muschamp, Kevin Steele or Rhett Lashlee then who would most of the fanbase pick?" Most said Orgeron 

Chuckie still has a show well Gomer say golly. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Hopefully he stays at JSU and your son will have the opportunity! 

13 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Chuckie still has a show well Gomer say golly. 

This! Chuck Oliver has an Auburn degree, but he's not necessarily a fan of Auburn. He grew up a bammer and will throw Auburn under the bus when necessary.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

"If the final 4 candidates were Ed Orgeron, Muschamp, Kevin Steele or Rhett Lashlee then who would most of the fanbase pick?"

If that's our top 4 candidates, then we would deserve what we got.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, The Freak said:

If that's our top 4 candidates, then we would deserve what we got.

I would go with Muschamp (not a fan of his at all) and then Lashlee based on what I think their capabilities in recruiting are.

33 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

This! Chuck Oliver has an Auburn degree, but he's not necessarily a fan of Auburn. He grew up a bammer and will throw Auburn under the bus when necessary.

Yeah he is far from being a homer only reason he went to Auburn was that was were his girlfriend at the time was going. Damn I use to hear him back in 2007 or so with Matt Chernoff at 680 I think

2 hours ago, Hay Field 101 said:

well we dang sure know that it want be you or tiger horn pulling for Prime don't we? Auburn needs a change badly. Get the hell away from the breakfast club guys down at the local diner and pump some new fresh blood into our laughing pool.

We just tried that. The results are a disaster.

15 hours ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

I think he would achieve more as the only minority coach in the SEC than he will as a coach at JSU, but  I understand your thinking.

He’s already achieving more than Auburn is. He got the #1 recruit in the nation to sign to him at an HBCU school. We’re struggling to sign 3 stars

15 hours ago, ramjm_2000 said:

I’d also hate to hire him and bolt once mama/FSU came calling.

I doubt that would happen. Deion said he wanted to coach FSU years ago and they ignored him. That’s something he hasn’t forgot 

• Like 2