Head Coaching Search 2022

Zeek

6 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Auburn would be lucky to find someone like a Sam Pittman who will rally this team, hire a dynamic OC, and build a winning culture.  The good news is Auburn has talent on both sides of the ball and can win immediately.  No need to take a chance on a flashy name.  

Need excitement, need an electric culture .need jimmy’s and joes . AU ain’t got em right now . I’m sorry 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Need excitement, need an electric culture .need jimmy’s and joes . AU ain’t got em right now . I’m sorry 

Oline and WR are really the only spots seriously lacking right now.  WR is mainly young.  Bring the excitement with a flashy OC hire similar to what Chiz did with Gus.  Not saying it has to be Steele but bring a defensive minded coach to make the most of the talent on that side.  Still time to bring in transfers during the spring.  According to the Twitter space Alabama is loaded with recruits next year and Auburn hasn’t even reached out to some of them.  Lots of opportunity to improve quick on the recruiting trail.

Edited by Win4AU
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Oline and WR are really the only spots seriously lacking right now.

Respectfully disagree.   We don’t have a QB that is likely to be highly successful in 2022.   With a mediocre QB, mediocre (at best) WRs, and a mediocre OL, those poor RBs and TEs can’t do much to produce a solid offense on their own.  
On D, we just lost quite a bit of our depth on the line.  What was exciting a month or two ago, is now iffy.   We’ve got Owen and then a few guys with potential at LB.  We’ve got bodies in the secondary, but again some of those guys with potential will have to step up!   As of right now, we have less talent and depth across the board than we’ve had in a very long time!!!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Hay Field 101 said:

and if we stay the course where does that lead us?

Stay what course? Harsin is a disaster. Move him on out and try the next guy. Most schools go through 4 to 5 coaches before they hit on a good fit. Get ready for a long and bumpy ride.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 3

As long as this site is being ridiculous, might as well repeat my 'get auburn guys to interim because they love auburn' list.

HC: Bo Jackson

OC: Cam Newton

DC: Takeo Spikes' Neck

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Which one are you bromie? Montez or Angelo 

montez-ford-angelo-dawkins.gif

montez-ford-open-mouth.gif

wwe-montez.gif

• Love 1

I know I'll get a bunch of dislikes for this but I don't care. 

Bill Clark

We need to salvage the 2023 class. Clark has already built relationships with high school coaches in the state. Clark has had sustained success at UAB. They've never had much success there, let alone sustained success. He's never had a losing season there either. He's not a big name but he's a good coach. I see Clark as being a Sam Pittman type coach here. Not a big name but could be a really good fit and work out for us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 2

Interesting watching Malzahn's "state of the program" press conference at UCF yesterday. If anybody could spend 15 minutes saying "thanks for showing me the door, Auburn" without saying it - he did.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DAG said:

Our fanbase deserves what it gets if we hire some of the names people are suggestion while firing CBH

Agreed. Sadly I’m not sure we could get some of the names on this list. We’re a hot mess.  

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Agreed. Sadly I’m not sure we could get some of the names on this list. We’re a hot mess.  

Possibly but some of these names are just idiotic and I don’t care who I offend. CKS? He sucked as a head coach and I don’t care how bad Baylor was when he got there. If you do research you will see he sunk them lower. Years later he still has no HC opportunities even after a recent flash at Auburn at DC. I think UT made him the interim in a desperation move. Since then nada. Either he doesn’t want to be a HC or no one thinks he deserves it. 

Gene Chizik loss complete control of our program. Since then not a single university has tabbed him to be a HC. There is a reason for that . Either he doesn’t want to be a HC or nobody likes what he has to offer . Why would you want those guys to help with a rebuild in arguably the hardest conference in America when they have shown an inability to do so.

Dont let your hatred for the moment disrupt basic logic.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Possibly but some of these names are just idiotic and I don’t care who I offend. CKS? He sucked as a head coach and I don’t care how bad Baylor was when he got there. If you do research you will see he sunk them lower. Years later he still has no HC opportunities even after a recent flash at Auburn at DC. I think UT made him the interim in a desperation move. Since then nada. Either he doesn’t want to be a HC or no one thinks he deserves it. 

Gene Chizik loss complete control of our program. Since then not a single university has tabbed him to be a HC. There is a reason for that . Either he doesn’t want to be a HC or nobody likes what he has to offer . Why would you want those guys to help with a rebuild in arguably the hardest conference in America when they have shown an inability to do so.

Wow it's amazing when you think about it, that people actually believe any of that. I know our boosters can be and have been stupid but... maybe I'm about to give them to much credit but there is no way those two will be given the keys to the Auburn Football program, especially Chiz again after failing miserably.

But you know logic isn't available sometimes on this board. 🤷

Just now, autiger88 said:

Wow it's amazing when you think about it, that people actually believe any of that. I know our boosters can be and have been stupid but... maybe I'm about to give them to much credit but there is no way those two will be given the keys to the Auburn Football program, especially Chiz again after failing miserably.

But you know logic isn't available sometimes on this board. 🤷

I am not even sure our boosters are this stupid and I am done believing baseless rumors from insiders. I doubt CKS is or was ever an option. Maybe for Troy. Not Auburn University and I am willing to bet they would laugh their asses off at the thought of Gene Chizik again.

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Why would you want those guys to help with a rebuild in arguably the hardest conference in America when they have shown an inability to do so.

It's not so match that people want CKS or CGC although I have seen a post here or there.. It's more a look at pragmatically, logically, who would auburn go after? More than likely those two individuals. Outside of Jeff Grimes who else would you desire? Most the names thrown out there are not realistic in my calculation. I'd like Briles but honestly we have missed the boat on coaching hires this year and I fully expect the ptb to settle on a former coach. 

Just now, DAG said:

I am not even sure our boosters are this stupid and I am done believing baseless rumors from insiders. I doubt CKS is or was ever an option. Maybe for Troy. Not Auburn University and I am willing to bet they would laugh their asses off at the thought of Gene Chizik again.

I don't even think Troy would be that stupid 🤣 

Yep, I would take that bet because you are correct sir. 

2 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

It's not so match that people want CKS or CGC although I have seen a post here or there.. It's more a look at pragmatically, logically, who would auburn go after? More than likely those two individuals. Outside of Jeff Grimes who else would you desire? Most the names thrown out there are not realistic in my calculation. I'd like Briles but honestly we have missed the boat on coaching hires this year and I fully expect the ptb to settle on a former coach. 

Why would they go after them logically? I am interested in hearing why would they go after two people they fired for lack of results?

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

Why would they go after them logically? I am interested in hearing why would they go after two people they fired for lack of results?

CKS wasn't fired for lack of results.

CGC would be looked at as someone they could hire who would probably have some iota of a plan to bring in a staff and advance forward 2012 not withstanding. It makes sense that the ptb would absolutely eye those two options.

I can also see them making a push for Freeze which would be great but honestly I don't know that he would even accept the job to reenter the slaughter house that is sec west football. 

3 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I know I'll get a bunch of dislikes for this but I don't care. 

Bill Clark

We need to salvage the 2023 class. Clark has already built relationships with high school coaches in the state. Clark has had sustained success at UAB. They've never had much success there, let alone sustained success. He's never had a losing season there either. He's not a big name but he's a good coach. I see Clark as being a Sam Pittman type coach here. Not a big name but could be a really good fit and work out for us.

I think he burned that bridge. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

CKS wasn't fired for lack of results.

CGC would be looked at as someone they could hire who would probably have some iota of a plan to bring in a staff and advance forward 2012 not withstanding. It makes sense that the ptb would absolutely eye those two options.

I can also see them making a push for Freeze which would be great but honestly I don't know that he would even accept the job to reenter the slaughter house that is sec west football. 

So you want to make a pitch but take away 2012? See that is the stuff I mean. Why would CKS make logical sense ? 

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I think he burned that bridge. 

Not only did he burn that bridge he also destroyed the road and the subsequent neighborhood past that bridge.🤣 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DAG said:

So you want to make a pitch but take away 2012? See that is the stuff I mean. Why would CKS make logical sense ? 

Again, not many options out there for one thing. He by all accounts was the primary desire of the money men just an inkling of time ago and you have to assume they would reach out to him once more. That's not baseless or illogical, it's pragmatic. I'm not advocating for these guys -- in my view, we are full fledged in to our Tennessee like decade long death spiral, I think certain individuals recognize that and would look for someone who has ties in the south. Unfortunately we have missed the boat on pretty much everyone out there. Best I can tell there are three realistic non retread options, grimes, freeze and briles. 

1 minute ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

we are full fledged in to our Tennessee like decade long death spiral

Hilarious . Agree to disagree 

• Like 1