Head Coaching Search 2022

Zeek

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

lol!

I have eaten enough crow this year with Harsin (remember we had Mario too) to fill me up for a decade. I’ll take the well-deserved ribbing tho. 

I mean…it was practically done. Then it wasn’t.  But anyway…

we will get what we get i suppose. 

How long do you think it will be before we can afford to do the deed? If AG's contract isn't renewed I'm guessing we make the change after 2023.

11 hours ago, AURealist said:

Yeah, what kind of statement is someone trying to make by leaving this thread running? 

Progressive commercials have us nailed, they're just parking near the exit so they can be the first ones out of the lot when the time comes.

Edited by Auburn02

8 hours ago, AUwent said:

How long do you think it will be before we can afford to do the deed? If AG's contract isn't renewed I'm guessing we make the change after 2023.

Well it depends on what the new president wants to do when he officially begins in I think May. He may want to pull the plug in the summer and start over with the AD position but who knows for sure. 

10 hours ago, AUwent said:

Honestly, I used to have good connections within the program. No longer. I have NO idea what the plan is anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, AUwent said:

Unfortunately, this seems like the most likely timeline.  Play on the field and recruiting will suck for 2 more years.   Hopefully, we’ll hire a top level AD who will then hire a top level HC, then 2-3 years after that we’ll see a competitive product on the field.  (that means we are currently looking forward to the 2025 or 2026 season😭🤦‍♂️).   That’s actually a positive scenario.   The negative scenario would be we hire a poor AD, he hires a poor HC, the PTB continues to try and control everything, and we sink deeper into obscurity and irrelevance.  
Let’s hope for the positive scenario.  Or if you’re a real sunshine pumper, hope that CBH turns this thing around and we have a great team this year.  

Honestly, I used to have good connections within the program. No longer. I have NO idea what the plan is anymore. 

This needs to be plastered! Not calling you out but thanks for being real.

• Like 2

I've seen several folks say this about their former connections. Its always different when a new guy comes to town.

Hopefully new connections can be made.

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Thank you for your honesty. Much respect man.

Geez everything in the football forum has gone major negative…..(and before anyone posts it, yes I know I do not have to come here and read it)The expectation that we will just count the days until there is a new coach is just plain depressing.    Not sure about Harsin but I’m  going to pull like h$&l for Auburn and by extension, Harsin.  

Edited by BJCrawford
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

Geez everything in the football forum has gone major negative…..(and before anyone posts it, yes I know I do not have to come here and read it)The expectation that we will just count the days until there is a new coach is just plain depressing.    Not sure about Harsin but I’m  going to pull like h$&l for Auburn and by extension, Harsin.  

I'm someone who was disappointed that Harsin is staying but who hopes he succeeds anyway. Because that's what being a fan of Auburn football means for a lot of us now, I guess. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, CCTAU said:

I've seen several folks say this about their former connections. Its always different when a new guy comes to town.

Hopefully new connections can be made.

I believe the only way forward is for CBH & staff is to sever all connections, the so-called "insiders" leaking information to the outside turned viral. and we witnessed the damage inside information went public and then hit social media.  That mess last week did Auburn a ton of damage and now these coaches are left with an even steeper uphill climb to get this program out of the gutter. 

• Like 1