Head Coaching Search 2022

Zeek

3 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

465372E9-303F-4314-BC98-E20FDC5908F4.jpeg

I think that was a donation by the Neville’s having to do with the basketball facility. Pearl Arena is going to be named Neville Arena apparently.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Freeze

Grimes

Dell ( with experienced staff)

Corey Raymond *up and comer and will eventually be a great HC one day*

I don't see an up comer getting a chance to grow in this toxic climate

I doubt we're willing to offer enough to wrangle him free from MSU, but Mel Tucker's buyout is manageable.  It's $95M if they fire him, $2M if he resigns.

He's got a great resume with a good mix of college and NFL experience.  Five years in the SEC working for dink and Smart, another five or so in the Big 10.

And he knows how to work the portal.

WDE!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Gotta wait till you stop drooling at least. You still a baby in coaching standards.

white-and-straight-zach-galifianakis.gif.224f9856ab7197ee9bbf5978429c51fc.gif

Disclosure:  The context of this scene from the movie "Between Two Ferns" is to make fun of white, straight males, who think they are owed something.

It will be Kevin Steele or someone of the sort because the new coach will probably be asked to keep Carnell and Zack…you know a mere suggestion from the authorities. But if they want someone to give the keys to I would call Matt Rhule but knowing Auburn they will call Matt and ask for Joe Brady phone number….I honestly do not trust them to get this hire right.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Well if we are really wanting to go bold and add a dash of splash, then bring in Prime and have him talk his friend Ray Lewis into being his DC. Prime might get some help with the latter from Senator Tuberville who was his position coach at Miami.  Talk about great recruiting and motivation, we'd be turning recruits away!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

Well if we are really wanting to go bold and add a dash of splash, then bring in Prime and have him talk his friend Ray Lewis into being his DC. Prime might get some help with the latter from Senator Tuberville who was his position coach at Miami.  Talk about great recruiting and motivation, we'd be turning recruits away!

I think their boldness will end at the firing.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

The timing a coincidence?

The donation was not made today, it has been in the works.

I am pretty sure the name change was on the BOT’s agenda last Friday. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

Ray might be able to convince Ed Reed to coach DBs.  I'm not sure where or what, but ER is in the coaching ranks.  I think he was Chief of Staff at Miami.

WDE!

Players going to college programs are looking for development that will help them get to the next level. 

For all the Prime fans, can you list the names of the players he has coached and developed and put into the league? 

B3E112A9-CD52-4A71-8A41-7B797F13C0AC.gif

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Everybody saying Fickell, Kiffin, Aranda, etc. are just setting yourselves up to be disappointed all over again. I've said it in other posts, LOOK AT OUR HIRING HISTORY ALL THE WAY BACK TO SHUG JORDAN. We aren't getting a "big name." The post earlier in this thread that said "it's not about who Auburn wants now, it's who would want Auburn now." As much as it hurts to say that, it's true. We aren't going to break the bank and go all in like Alabama did with Saban, Texas A&M did with Jimbo or LSU has done with Brian Kelly. I know alot of you will say Jimbo or Brian Kelly are overrated but you've got to think like a 17 or 18 year old kid and they've seen Brain Kelly in the playoffs a couple times and seen Jimbo win a Natty and beat Bama. Even the Mississippi schools have "name brand" coaches in Leach and Kiffin. Those 2 are in the news ALOT and on ESPN and they're characters. Sam Pittman is the least known coach in the West and he has done a phenomenal job at Arkansas. We are WAY behind in the SEC West when it comes to the popular coach and exciting offenses, etc. and that stuff matters!!!

As far as Fickell, just stop. He has NEVER been out of Ohio. He grew up in Ohio, went to school in Ohio, did all his asst coaching in Ohio and his head coaching has been all in Ohio. He ain't leaving!!! Especially with Cincy going to the Big12 now. Look at all the offers he has had to leave and he never would. So why would he come to Auburn, in this mess, when he turned down bigger jobs?

Dave Aranda just won the Big12 title and wouldn't budge when LSU came calling recently. And he won a Natty at LSU as DC and still chose to stay at Baylor. He is from Southern California and insiders say USC wanted him a few months ago but he wouldn't leave Baylor. So USC ponied up and got Lincoln Riley. Aranda is a strange cat and he is all about the fit and not the flash or money. We wouldn't offer him anyway and he wouldn't come here.

A large portion of our fanbase isn't grasping just how bad Auburn is looking right now because of firing Gus and his staff, then firing a coach after 1 season and gonna be paying his staff too. We are being viewed as a program with meddling boosters who will fire coaches 2 years after a Natty (Chizik), 8 years without a losing season (Malzahn) and now after 1 year (Harsin). I'm not being negative, just stating facts at how the world outside of Auburn views our football program right now.

Maybe some of those names have been floated by insiders so that why people are bring it up?

I don’t want Lane Kiffin and to go through the drama of every off season him floating his name out for every job available. 

I'm just glad I don't have to make any new coaching search memes since I created plenty back in December of 2020.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

I could walk away from Auburn football if it were Freeze or Daddy Briles. It would hurt, but could do it.

Briles was cleared of any wrongdoing.  Freeze was not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posters can dream all they want about Tucker, Kiffin, Aranda, Freeze, Rhule, Fickell etc., but as @TeamZero77 pointed out in another thread, Auburn's most accomplished hire since Shug was Harsin. If we were going to make a "splash hire" it would've been last year when we dismissed the guy who had 8 straight winning years with 3 wins against Saban, a BCS championship game appearance blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Temper your expectations people...you'll feel better when the underwhelming hire is made.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

IF IF... It’s Freeze who fits the best in his offense 

1)TJ

2)Calzada 

3) DD

4) Ashford 

5)Geriner

I can tell you who would NOT and that would be Calzada and Finley.  

Freeze tends to want a Qb with at least SOME mobility.