Head Coaching Search 2022

Zeek

Yeah throwing this out there. Deion Sanders has much of a chance to be our head coach to start next season as Bryan Harsin. 

image.gif

Edited by Taco

37 minutes ago, au302 said:

There were rumors that Gogue was against that. Guess they talked him into it or those were false

Not really up to him anymore...

• Like 4

Even though I will always think of Deion as the guy who interfered with Freddy Weygand in the red zone in the 1989 Sugar Bowl and cost us an undefeated season and possible natty, I like him. But he needs more time as a head coach to make the jump to Power 5 football and navigate the dumpster fire this program has become over the last seven months.

5 hours ago, VegasEagle said:

Prime Time! Buy him a good OC and DC and BOOM! The big star players will be running to us. He can be bought. 

Oh my God, NO.  As much of a train wreck this program is now, that's who you would pick?  That would be a disaster of epic proportions.  I want nothing to do with Hugh Freeze or Kevin Steele or Muschamp, but Sanders would be #4 on that DO NOT EVER WANT IN AUBURN list.

• Love 1

Can we at least hire like an accountability coach or something? Someone whose designation is to keep a watch on Freeze?

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

Oh my God, NO.  As much of a train wreck this program is now, that's who you would pick?  That would be a disaster of epic proportions.  I want nothing to do with Hugh Freeze or Kevin Steele or Muschamp, but Sanders would be #4 on that DO NOT EVER WANT IN AUBURN list.

giphy.gif

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, jknighton said:

He's a NCAA sanction waiting to happen.

Probably true pre-NIL. Now I don't mind a guy who can make things happen. It's legal to pay players. He'll play the game well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JBiGGiE said:

Can we at least hire like an accountability coach or something? Someone whose designation is to keep a watch on Freeze?

image.jpegI’m imagining something like this 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Professionally I understand the move. 

Personally I hate what coach is facing and having said about him and his family. That's beyond embarrassing and the "Auburn family" should be ashamed.

I agree my fellow I agree and once he walks out with his whole buy out it truly will show. Btw, thanks for being as objective as possible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

People that don't understand insider football. It's only taken Deon one coaching season to show what he's capable of. NFL Hall of Famer, Polished enough to be CBS Pre Game NFL host, damn sure knows the x's and o's, and a tremendous motivator. Has so many contacts in the Pros (including fellow Hall of Famers) and in college, and  could line up a coaching dream team- OC and DC + position coaches, and lights out recruiters.  But people be worried about what they perceive as shuck and jive from his playing days. Deon is all grown up now but still doesn't fit their old school stereotypes.

Ok I am starting to see now. I reckon that we don't want anyone with that type of flash and credentials coming to Auburn. We just want to continue the JABA way. I keep reading all the comments about other people's baggage but apparently Prime doesn't have any and he has  to " prove himself " whatever the hell that means to a certain few.   I like the guy, we need a change. We need to break out and have some flash and a little bang bang not a damn thing wrong with it other than the g-paw fire barrel spitters that just must continue the tradition of old school ways.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Professionally I understand the move. Sometimes people just don't fit. That doesn't mean they deserve to be shortchanged if innocent. If we want to move on, then pay the man and let's go.

Personally I hate what coach is facing and having said about him and his family. That's beyond embarrassing and the "Auburn family" should be ashamed.

My sentiments exactly.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

And knows scheme on both sides of the ball. That's why CBS hired the NFL Hall of Famer to host their Sunday pregame show. He's in his mid 50's now and a polished motivator of young men. With his contacts in the NFL and college he could assemble a formidable staff of assistants. 

People that shudder at Deon have not looked at his body of work. They just picture a sassy black kid with a gold chain too big for their liking, running back a pick six with his finger in the air.

I agree. Once I began to allow myself to seriously consider it, it made more and more sense. We need to get the good players now, not later. Deon would be the best at thatt, especially with the assets he would have at his disposal at Auburn. I don't think we would ever look back.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

My sentiments exactly.

I've seen coaches get railroaded. It's not fun. It damages relationships and reputations, it takes a huge toll on the family (imagine the son right now in HS), and will always follow you. Even if innocent you'll always be asked to rehash it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Professionally I understand the move. Sometimes people just don't fit. That doesn't mean they deserve to be shortchanged if innocent. If we want to move on, then pay the man and let's go.

Thanks, and I agree about the personal stuff. It’s not so much the decision being made, it’s the way that the process has been carried out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Ok I am starting to see now. I reckon that we don't want anyone with that type of flash and credentials coming to Auburn. We just want to continue the JABA way. I keep reading all the comments about other people's baggage but apparently Prime doesn't have any and he has  to " prove himself " whatever the hell that means to a certain few.   I like the guy, we need a change. We need to break out and have some flash and a little bang bang not a damn thing wrong with it other than the g-paw fire barrel spitters that just must continue the tradition of old school ways.

What credentials are you speaking of that would qualify Deion Sanders to run an SEC program? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Probably true pre-NIL. Now I don't mind a guy who can make things happen. It's legal to pay players. He'll play the game well.

Man would recruit his ass off, but I believe the lines would eventually get blurry and he'd get sloppy. Could very well be wrong. He's gonna be a force to reckon with no doubt about it. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

I know just the man for the job. 

61EDF2CB-A16A-4010-90A8-7C5EBF949527.jpeg

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Agree 100%. It should have never been handled like this and it's been a disgusting thing to watch.

• Like 1