Men vs Arkansas Game Thread

Maverick.AU

2 minutes ago, fishepa said:

We lost simply because of free throw shooting. Nothing more nothing less. 

Nah. We lost because of turnovers, bad shot selection and decision making in the last few minutes. It's more than FT shooting

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, AUbritt said:

Arky was great this game. Y'all should give them credit.

I give Arkansas credit. They played a great game and had a really great game plan for us. There were some horrid foul calls but I don’t like to blame refs. Auburn played a hand in beating theirselves too at the FT line. Great basketball game. Hate losing though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Wendell took…26 seconds? for that logo shot at the end of regulation? 

That's what I said. Half a minute to end up with a shot that somebody can create in 2 seconds. Unacceptable

• Like 2

Man, so many of y'all sound like salty, entitled Kentucky fans. Let's be cool and enjoy what we got with our basketball team without turning into azzholes.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Oh man. Really? Ok thanks!

He gave it a spike bounce for the oop, slammed it in as the buzzer sounded, lights went off and pyro shot out the backboard lol.  It was actually pretty tight.  We danced on their logo pregame so we earned it.  I'm more upset with the turning off the lights as they are rising the court, making it harder for our guys to get off the court. Dangerous. 

• Like 1

I just despise Arkansas...their fans spit on my best friend and his wife and called them Nazis when they left the AU football game in Arkansas about 15 years ago.  I will never forget that and will never forgive their fans.  So they can shove it, always...lol

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Wendell took…26 seconds? for that logo shot at the end of regulation? 

Really would've liked to see BP take a TO and draw up a play that has Walker and Jabari at least touch the ball. 

I hate losing but that place was on fire. Insanely loud. Got to give them credit. We played pretty bad. No shame in the outcome of this one. Put it behind us and let's get ready for the next one.

1 minute ago, AUbritt said:

Man, so many of y'all sound like salty, entitled Kentucky fans. Let's be cool and enjoy what we got with our basketball team without turning into azzholes.

There's a reason, see below 

BC129F22-F599-404C-B5E7-E6A3624C6B38.jpeg

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

Still undefeated in regulation! This one looked like a tough win from the start and with Zep being out it was just too much. Another lose was coming. This waS a good spot as any to pick it up. On to A&M!!

Just now, AUBwins said:

He gave it a spike bounce for the oop, slammed it in as the buzzer sounded, lights went off and pyro shot out the backboard lol.  It was actually pretty tight.  We danced on their logo pregame so we earned it.  I'm more upset with the turning off the lights as they are rising the court, making it harder for our guys to get off the court. Dangerous. 

I was so mad we didn't get that rebound I turned the TV off and started fussing at my dogs about ball protection lol. What you just described sounds like an all star game. I should've watched

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AUbritt said:

Sorry, I watched the game. We maybe didn't play our best, but Arky played great. Give them some credit!

That's what's kind of amazing. We played like crap at the end. Stupid mistakes and FT woes, and we STILL almost won the game. 

I hope this resets the team and fuels them. Close wins (e.g. Mizzou and uga) are one thing (and should be a wakeup call), but losses are another. 

Edited by yngwie1995

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I was so mad we didn't get that rebound I turned the TV off and started fussing at my dogs about ball protection lol. What you just described sounds like an all star game. I should've watched

Exactly what it felt like to me. I don't even think the score counted lol

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I think you would have liked it, honestly

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I actually thought it was pretty cool too. I didn’t take it as disrespectful. 

I do agree with this lights. I was worried for our guys. 

I mean, I am pretty upset about football and all that jive. 

I am pretty dang happy about basketball.

We lost a game?

A GAME?

We are in good shape here, folks. Enjoy it.

• Like 1

Just now, AUbritt said:

I mean, I am pretty upset about football and all that jive. 

I am pretty dang happy about basketball.

We lost a game?

A GAME?

We are in good shape here, folks. Enjoy it.

Fight the good fight, Britt. Good to see you, man!

2 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Only mistake Jabari made was passing up that three when he kicked it over to Cambridge. Gotta shoot there. The second three taken by Cambridge and the long three taken by Green to close out regulation were awful, awful choices. Especially Green’s. Kessler wasn’t even under the basket for a put back so no clue what he was thinking. Would have rather him drove and kicked it back to Kess for the three rhen him take that. Man that was an awful decision. I can’t get over it. No way Bruce would have gave him the green light on that one. 

Jabari has a green light whenever he wants it. Wen and Jabari basically have a green light at anytime. Bruce has always given that to his PG and his best player. Jabari is naturally an unselfish player. One of the great aspects about him so i don't really expect him to go and demand the ball. 

That's why Bruce has to take control and set plays up for him late in the game. You get the ball in his hands to take us home or at the very least make sure he touches the ball. There is absolutely no reason your best player shouldn't get a touch. If Wen isn't doing that...Bruce has to demand that. It's clear we have sets for Jabari...he can easily get it back. 

Jaylin should've taken that 3 instead of passing to Cambridge. He shouldn't be allowed to shot another 3 at this point. It's just something we need to work on better in close games. 

• Like 1

Arkansas deserved to win as they hit their free throws we were 8 of 17. Kessler played a fantastic game as did Jabari. Green was both good and bad he scored 19 points but was 1 of 7 from 3. We were 25% on 3's and that was with 2 late ones from Jabari. Cambridge 1 of 5 from 3. So poor 3 point shooting and poor FT shooting was the difference.  Thank heavens for Kessler as they beat our guards on the dribble repeatedly but Kessler bailed them out. Kessler 16 points, 19 boards 7 Blocks and caused a ton of missed shots inside.   Green was 9 of 21 from the field but was 8 of 14 on two point shots. I was hoping this would be a breakout game for Flanigan but he is just not the same player as last year he is a step slower his outside shot isn't there.  I was really hoping he would be close to last years player as he was and is one of my favorite players. Today I saw a couple people blow by him when he was playing D. Last year he was our best on ball defender.

Cole can you tell in watching him is it physical he just has not totally recovered or is it mental as that is sometimes the hardest part of coming back from an injury, or maybe a little of both.

Cambridge did another great job on the boards with 9. He works so hard plays good defense but just doesn't have a good enough stroke to put up as many 3's as he does.

I have been sure for a long time that Smith would go early in the draft but I was hoping Kessler would need another year but the way he is playing I believe he will go in 1st round also. He was 2 of 5 on 3's tonight but what impressed me is how well he plays guards after a switch and he is out front with the guard. He moves his feet well so as not to get beat but if they beat him he stays close enough to either block their shot or alter it. 

Edited by AuburnNTexas

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

sorry to everyone else.  Wanted Cole to see the dunk lol. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Really would've liked to see BP take a TO and draw up a play that has Walker and Jabari at least touch the ball. 

I said it last game after seeing BP acknowledge it himself, but he's not taking TOs like he has his full cast of characters. I just don't get it.

• Like 1

Someone said it earlier but waiting to get Jabari involved that late doesn’t work. Jabari needs to be heavily involved the last 3 minutes of each quarter. 

I hate Wendell’s shot but Pearl should have called timeout as well. Drew up a play or something.