How Do We Investigate The "Power Brokers"

aucanucktiger

10 minutes ago, metafour said:

What started this was complaints made to the university by players and staff members. Nothing else. The university rightfully investigated those complaints.

The most incendiary complaint was the Hunter tweet posted last Friday the 4th.  Gogue was quoted referring to a so called investigation the same day.  The timeline doesn't match the idea of some over arching large scale University investigation.  This was initiated by a handful of pissed off money guys that easily recruited a few paysite "journalists" that had been stonewalled by Harsin.  

Edited by PowerOfDixieland
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, metafour said:

What started this was complaints made to the university by players and staff members. Nothing else. The university rightfully investigated those complaints.

You state the obvious. That's what STARTED it. What followed was one of the biggest public relations clusters and mismanaged info releases in the long history or college football internal investigations. 

• Like 4

Before you go DOWN that road you have a plan and at least some sensibilities about what's in the university's best interest including OPTICS. Ineptness like these behind doors puppetmasters have shown here would get professors, coaches, administrators, etc FIRED from this PUBLIC university. Why the double standard? State of Alabama SUBPOENA these clowns!

6 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

The most incendiary complaint was the Hunter tweet posted last Friday the 4th.  Gogue was quoted referring to a so called investigation the same day.  The timeline doesn't match the idea of some over arching large scale University investigation.  This was initiated by a handful of pissed off money guys that easily recruited a few paysite "journalists" that had been stonewalled by Harsin.  

The actual complaints that they were investigating came during the season and/or after exit interviews. They didn't launch an investigation to investigate a few mild Twitter/Instagram claims, c'mon man.

This was a thing BEFORE Harsin left for vacation, before ANY rumor surfaced, and before ANY of those players (ie: Hunter) made their statements. Do you know how that is obvious? Because before Harsin went on vacation, the AD wouldn't release salary terms to him on a potential OC hire. Harsin got spooked and requested to meet with people above Greene then and was denied. This means that they were ALREADY in the process of doubting his future, because they obviously wouldn't want him hiring an OC if he was just about to be investigated and/or potentially fired. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

You think they started an investigation from a tweet on Friday?

Bless your heart, dear

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Before you go DOWN that road you have a plan and at least some sensibilities about what's in the university's best interest including OPTICS. Ineptness like these behind doors puppetmasters have shown here would get professors, coaches, administrators, etc FIRED from this PUBLIC university. Why the double standard? State of Alabama SUBPOENA these clowns!

Let me ask you think.  You're crying about optics.  What happens if they didn't do anything?  That surly would have been better for the optics, right?

What if they are true and we sat on the information and it blows up in 3 years and we're left holding the bag covering for an awful human.  That's even worse.

The university did what was right.  They had to look into them.  Harsin, being a self absorbed a**hole, decided to blast the University to ESPN and make everything worse.

Who's the a**hole?  The one that has been an a**hole all along.  Unfortunately, he should have been vetted better, but we can't fire him for being a pure dick.  He'll just crater our program from the inside.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 3

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Let me ask you think.  You're crying about optics.  What happens if they didn't do anything?  That surly would have been better for the optics, right?

What if they are true and we sat on the information and it blows up in 3 years and we're left holding the bag covering for an awful human.  That's even worse.

The university did what was right.  They had to look into them.  Harsin, being a self absorbed a**hole, decided to blast the University to ESPN and make everything worse.

Who's the a**hole?  The one that has been an a**hole all along.  Unfortunately, he should have been vetted better, but we can't fire him for being a pure dick.  He'll just crater our program from the inside.

So this is not the first time I have seen posters here mention "Harsin blasted the University" to ESPN. In the statements and interviews I saw, I didn't see him blast anything....just more defend himself and character. Was there something else he said in a negative light towards AU or our AD?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I agree the university had to investigate. All the rest is speculation (which could turn out to be true or not). Definitely need to get to an end but my experience with these type investigations is they usually take longer than expected especially if there is an ever growing causal tree.

18 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Sifting through your tough guy vulgarity: the university SHOULD have investigated. So if that's your platform we're in agreement. HOW they then went about it (hard to believe but we HAVE a media relations office) is what harmed the university. unnecessarily. These internal investigations are actually not rocket science and public institutions usually hire outside firms for a reason. It's truly been the amateur hour and THAT'S the unnecessary ineptness for which these guys with more money than sense should be held accountable. 

Edited by aucanucktiger
  • Thanks 1

I asked this last week. My best guess is that the legislature or Sacs has to call for an investigation into the university/board, etc. Not sure what other checks and balances there are. Seems like not many unfortunately 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, metafour said:

Why is the man allowed in the building, while being investigated?

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Why is the man allowed in the building, while being investigated?

These funny things called due process, equal protection, lack of (the basis for) an injunction, etc etc

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So this is not the first time I have seen posters here mention "Harsin blasted the University" to ESPN. In the statements and interviews I saw, I didn't see him blast anything....just more defend himself and character. Was there something else he said in a negative light towards AU or our AD?

Yes, he blasted them for not giving him what he needed and approving salaries.

It's an issue he told to ESPN to make himself look better and paint the AD/Pres/BOT in bad light

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Sifting through your tough guy vulgarity: the university SHOULD have investigated. So if that's your platform we're in agreement. HOW they then went about it (hard to believe but we HAVE a media relations office) is what harmed the university. unnecessarily. These internal investigations are actually not rocket science and public institutions usually hire outside firms for a reason. It's truly been the amateur hour and THAT'S the unnecessary ineptness for which these guys with more money than sense should be held accountable. 

They've made 2 statements and done nothing else. By all accounts the interviews and investigation has been going on for a while before last Friday. 

Just bc twitter and the media are stupid doesn't mean the Univ is inept

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, au302 said:

I asked this last week. My best guess is that the legislature or Sacs has to call for an investigation into the university/board, etc. Not sure what other checks and balances there are. Seems like not many unfortunately 

I don’t think SACS care how much they involve themselves in the Sports aspect of the university.

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Huh? Are u agreeing or disagreeing?

Question was why is harsin allowed in the building when hes being investigated. Public university paid for by public and investigation is apparently ongoing. He cant be banned from the building without an injunction or more.

Guest MustardSeed
39 minutes ago, metafour said:

The actual complaints that they were investigating came during the season and/or after exit interviews. They didn't launch an investigation to investigate a few mild Twitter/Instagram claims, c'mon man.

This was a thing BEFORE Harsin left for vacation, before ANY rumor surfaced, and before ANY of those players (ie: Hunter) made their statements. Do you know how that is obvious? Because before Harsin went on vacation, the AD wouldn't release salary terms to him on a potential OC hire. Harsin got spooked and requested to meet with people above Greene then and was denied. This means that they were ALREADY in the process of doubting his future, because they obviously wouldn't want him hiring an OC if he was just about to be investigated and/or potentially fired. 

So you don’t have any actual info to back up your claims, just made it up and claimed it as fact based on your own conclusions of why certain things may have happened. Glad that’s cleared up 😂.  Harsin got “spooked” 😂😂. Was that straight from the presidents office too 😂. Amazing how many folks on here claim absolutes with no actual facts. This is why I step away from this board at times. It’s just not worth all this made up soap opera

58 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Ok Qanon.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

They've made 2 statements and done nothing else. By all accounts the interviews and investigation has been going on for a while before last Friday. 

Just bc twitter and the media are stupid doesn't mean the Univ is inept

True - university is a lot of folks, group of clowns with the money pulling the strings that initiated this without a media plan and timeline are inept.

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yes, he blasted them for not giving him what he needed and approving salaries.

It's an issue he told to ESPN to make himself look better and paint the AD/Pres/BOT in bad light

I forgot about that part. 

Well, if there is truth in it, I can't say I blame him. I obviously have no idea to what level of truth is there. 

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

I forgot about that part. 

Well, if there is truth in it, I can't say I blame him. I obviously have no idea to what level of truth is there. 

So if there is truth to the complaints (at a minimum alleged by valid ppl), you can't be mad at the media and twitter talking about it.