Nathan Lawless' Passing Anniversary (AUsince72)

abw0004

RIP Nathan, your contributions to this board will never be forgotten.  Even though I didn't know him personally you could tell he was a great person through his interactions on here.

• Love 1

I joined just a few months prior to Nathan’s passing—I consider it a blessing that I joined when I did.  Nathan was so gracious welcoming me to the board, and so extreme positive with all his posts.  For the first month or so I had no idea he was sick.  Just unbelievable that Nathan remained such a positive, inspirational person in what I know was a miserable last year on this earth. I can only pray that if I’m ever in the same position, I will still be able to bring joy to those around me.  That was the gift he gave me, and I am forever grateful.  RIP my friend!

• Love 1

Been absent a while so this is news to me. Absolutely heartbroken to hear he passed. 😔 Always loved interacting with him and I will certainly miss him here.

• Love 1

Thanks for posting this Andrew. I really admired Nathan. Like you, I never received a response from Sonya, and decided to let things be. I sure hope his sweet family is doing well. I would imagine this will be a really difficult time for them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Thanks for the remembrance.  It felt like it was getting close to a year.  I miss his interactions on this board. 

• Love 1

Ah. 72! Gosh, I cannot believe it’s been a year. He would be a calm voice during this coach chaos for sure. 😃

Thank you for posting and keeping his memory alive. 

• Love 1

An Auburn man forever. God bless his loved ones and may we do him proud with our walk and talk. WDE

• Love 1

10 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I never did hear back from Sonya on if there is an education fund in place for her daughters and did not want to reach out again in respect for her privacy.  Do you know if one was ever set up, or will be?

I emailed Nathan several times the last few months before he passed. He assured me that his family was going to be financially okay. We didn't discuss an education fund specifically. The job he had held when he got sick had some provisions that eased his concerns for his family based on what he said. He was at peace and I think knowing they were going to be okay was a large part of it. There was not a better poster nor friend on here. He tried to share his faith to those who were like minded and he hoped to lead others in his walk with the Lord. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

He and my son had a very close and special relationship. They both leaned on each other many times. Nathan's kindness can never be be praised enough. A great man and friend that is often talked about in my home. He is missed.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Man I’m just now seeing this, but like others I can’t believe time has passed this quickly. What a great guy and I always enjoyed our conversations. He was level headed and positive in what is often a sea of negatively and really brought perspective to things. I definitely have a renewed sense of loss seeing this thread but I’m so glad it was posted. WDE. 

Edited by NoALtiger