Keeping Harsin

DyeCampAlum

Harsin and Auburn are a divorced couple who have to live in the same house because neither can afford to leave.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, CR said:

Harsin and Auburn are a divorced couple who have to live in the same house because neither can afford to leave.

Well, they definitely aren’t staying for the kids, because the kids are miserable…

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

Dang it—if we just knew of someone who could get us a better quarterback. 

We went a got two transfers and signed one of the best freshman in the country!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Let me just say this clearly. If this is supposed to be THE BAR for Harsin, he wont be here by year three. 

Perhaps this was naive of me. I made this when everyone here was super happy with the guy (so last summer), so I was trying to give him some sort of a chance. Plus, everyone was saying "this is going to be a gradual build to greatness, don't expect much of him this year," so I was trying to figure out ok, WHAT should be the boundary for success on here. No one else was willing to input, so it really got me thinking.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 11:48 AM, VAtiger12 said:

Thank you for the response. This is useful. 

He has 5 years left on his contract too. With next year only knocking $3 million off the buyout, from $18 million down to $15 million, it wouldn't be surprising if they kept him even if he goes 6-6 again in the regular season. I think Malzahn's big buyout is REALLY being felt now since the guy that replaced him finished 6-7. After you pay Gus and his staff to leave, it would really hurt your wallet to also have to pay Harsin and his staff plus the next coach and staff. I read recently that if Auburn fired Harsin and paid him to leave, then AU would've paid the last 5 coaches nearly $60 million dollars just to leave. And that's not even figuring in their staff buyouts.

Bowden $620,000

Tubs $5.1 million

Chizik $11.4 million

Malzahn $21.7 million

Harsin $18.3 million

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

You want us to be happy with 2 backups and a true freshman? 

Calzada isn't a backup and you seemed fine with a true freshman before. Ashford is an athlete that can spin it

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Calzada isn't a backup and you seemed fine with a true freshman before. Ashford is an athlete that can spin it

With good wide receivers, a guy like Calzada or green talent might be encouraging. We barely have a starting roster of receivers. I don't see our passing game worrying anyone. 

53 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Canada is a backup. He only played because the started was injured. And I'm not sure why you think I'd be ok with a true freshman. No one should ever be ok with a true freshman heading into spring practice. 

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

We are certainly going to find out

8 hours ago, CR said:

Not true... didn't u read Gouge's Statement? EVERYONE, including ALL BoT members are behind Harsin... We all pulling in the same direction now.. Sky's the limit.. AU footballs best days are ahead per Gouge..

BTW. this whole mess is AU administration fault as much as its Harsins,  if not more.

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

We could have won 8-9 games with better QB play. The people who don't want to be there have transferred out

If Bo stays healthy all year we would've beaten Mississippi State, South Carolina, Alabama. That would put our regular season at 9-3. We wouldn't have played in the Birmingham Bowl if we're 9-3. Can't say what Bowl and opponent we would've gotten but with a bowl win, that's a 10-3 season and wins AT LSU, Iron Bowl and double digit wins against Arkansas and Ole Miss. 

That doesn't sound bad at all for a guy new to the SEC with bad O-Line play. Just like in the NFL, if you have a competent QB that stays healthy then you can go places. If that QB goes down and your backup is mediocre, you may just lose your job. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

You want us to be happy with 2 backups and a true freshman? 

We've had less than that for a while.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

If Bo stays healthy all year we would've beaten Mississippi State, South Carolina, Alabama. That would put our regular season at 9-3. We wouldn't have played in the Birmingham Bowl if we're 9-3. Can't say what Bowl and opponent we would've gotten but with a bowl win, that's a 10-3 season and wins AT LSU, Iron Bowl and double digit wins against Arkansas and Ole Miss. 

That doesn't sound bad at all for a guy new to the SEC with bad O-Line play. Just like in the NFL, if you have a competent QB that stays healthy then you can go places. If that QB goes down and your backup is mediocre, you may just lose your job. 

Exactly and he played as a true freshman too. 

1 hour ago, GunsmithAU said:

It wasn't the idea situation then either. Bo was the best option available, but that doesn't mean it's a good option. 

But was it really?  I remember another guy on the team that eventually transferred, but he is about to be drafted in NFL.   So Bo was really the best option?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Then maybe he should've KEPT that QB. Seriously, if everyone stayed on (coaches and players), I think going 9-4 in 2022 would be looking incredibly realistic right now.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

My last reply on this. Harsin needs to call Bruce Pearl everyday and thank him and  Allen Greene needs to call Bruce everyday and thank Bruce as well. He probably single-handedly saved both of their jobs. Bruce is the #1 person at Auburn because not only does he deliver winners but he has earned the respect of everyone associated with Auburn. His stamp goes a long way. The moment he formally backed Greene and Harsin last week, the whole thing changed course quickly. We will see if Harsin learns the lesson and follows the path of Pearl and spend some time winning over the family, players, boosters going forward. Yesterday at the BB game was a good start. 🤔

• Like 2

On 2/12/2022 at 9:50 AM, CR said:

More like a married couple but the husband refuses to divorce his wife because he knows how much it will cost. All the cards are in CBH hands. We will see if his culture shift works.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

More like a married couple but the husband refuses to divorce his wife because he knows how much it will cost. All the cards are in CBH hands. We will see if his culture shift works.

I was hoping the winking mistress(Freeze) would be so alluring the husband would take the plunge. Twas not to be unfortunately.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

He has 5 years left on his contract too. With next year only knocking $3 million off the buyout, from $18 million down to $15 million, it wouldn't be surprising if they kept him even if he goes 6-6 again in the regular season. I think Malzahn's big buyout is REALLY being felt now since the guy that replaced him finished 6-7. After you pay Gus and his staff to leave, it would really hurt your wallet to also have to pay Harsin and his staff plus the next coach and staff. I read recently that if Auburn fired Harsin and paid him to leave, then AU would've paid the last 5 coaches nearly $60 million dollars just to leave. And that's not even figuring in their staff buyouts.

Bowden $620,000

Tubs $5.1 million

Chizik $11.4 million

Malzahn $21.7 million

Harsin $18.3 million

The wealthiest man in the state of Alabama keeps that in his golf bag, saddle bag and sock drawer😊

• Haha 1