It's done. He's staying

TitanTiger

I got the advance copy:

"Auburn blah blah blah. We love Auburn. Blah blah blah. Bryan Harsin is the head football coach. Blah blah blah. We love you Hugh! If anyone bumps into Allen Greene, please give him a copy of this. The future is bright."

You're welcomed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, woodford said:

Cool. So….4 wins this year? 

About what I'm expecting.  4-8.  5-7 if we pull a mild upset or some team isn't as good as we think.

• Like 3

Just now, TitanTiger said:

About what I'm expecting.  4-8.  5-7 if we pull a mild upset or some team isn't as good as we think.

Mizzou is the only conference win that could sway our way. I can’t see them beating anyone else. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Maybe since it look like we're going to suck it will motivate and we have a magical season 😃

And then half the fan base will be mad about that because it will mean keeping him another year 

So why are we just kicking the damn can down the street till fall, this doesn't make any sense too me, but it's Auburn so JABA. 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Eventually.  But it's definitely pushing that recovery date another couple of years out at a minimum.

When we part with him in a couple years we can certainly get someone decent (Pittman/Beamer level)?

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

So why are we just kicking the damn can down the street till fall, this doesn't make any sense too me, but it's Auburn so JABA. 

If we’re not renewing Allen Greene’s contract it does make sense for the new AD to be involved in hiring the next coach. Not that there was this kind of foresight in making the decision to retain Harsin. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

If we’re not renewing Allen Greene’s contract it does make sense for the new AD to be involved in hiring the next coach. Not that there was this kind of foresight in making the decision to retain Harsin. 

I just know we are gonna get even further behind on recruiting but I guess🙃 It still doesn't make much sense to me. It is what is though. 

Edited by autiger88

2 minutes ago, AU North said:

What the buyout after year 2? year 3? wde

After 2022: $14.98M

After 2023: $11.34M

After 2024: $7.63M

Hopefully whenever we reach a low enough buyout and do the deed we can get someone at least on the level of Dameyune or Dell…

Edited by AUwent

Well now that that's settled we can let Harsin get back to the business of ignoring high profile local recruits that want to play at Auburn and having his assistants do the dirty work of kicking players off the team.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Narrator:  "Auburn will not be better because of it."

It appears that AU is so inept that it ties itself in knots. Auburn has never become better from any of the countless fiascos it has had over the last 30 plus years. This is a mediocre program and always will be. I mean a few good seasons sprinkled in over a lifetime does not equal success. No way AU avoids the cellar this year. 

• Like 1

Just now, autiger88 said:

I just know we are gonna get even further behind on recruiting but I guess🙃 It still doesn't make much sense to me. It is what is though. 

And the SEC's about to add 2 more teams to the league that consistently out recruit us. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

After 2022: $14.98M

After 2023: $11.34M

After 2024: $7.63M

Hopefully whenever we reach a low enough buyout we can get someone at least on the level of Dameyune or Dell…

Thank you very much. Much appreciated. wde