It's done. He's staying

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Wonder if they are still interested?

560E791E-9745-4ECC-B3BD-6076CE0499B1.jpeg

99FF151B-C88C-4703-9329-C4678C07EF31.jpeg

Hell let ‘em come. At least we will have guys here who give a sh*t about Auburn. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AUwent said:

After 2022: $14.98M

After 2023: $11.34M

After 2024: $7.63M

Hopefully whenever we reach a low enough buyout and do the deed we can get someone at least on the level of Dameyune or Dell…

Corresponding recruiting rankings

2022 35

2023 47

2024 65

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jaba4ever said:

"ESPN 30 for 30: How Auburn became William and Mary"

The Harsin Arson.

I knew it would come to me.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Glory be! Now about those witch hunters...

Elephant in corner of room: I wonder if Harsin will modify his resistance against NIL recruiting tactics? Could be a positive out of this pile of negatives.

Edited by aucanucktiger
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, shuebru said:

Anyone got any examples of a lame duck coach actually working out?   I guess Tuberville after Jetgate, but many more examples of fired the next season.

Only difference was that TT had a loaded team in 03 coming back for 04, and him underachieving with that 03 team is why the Jetgate stuff happened. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just wanna say. I’m really glad that everyone is now as depressed and unhopeful about this whole Harsin experiment as I’ve been for the last 3 months. Misery loves company and you guys are the best company a guy could ask for. Nothing makes me happier than seeing you all in misery like me!

• Haha 5
  • Dislike 1

Hey maybe this becomes the golden era of producing future great AU coaches. We’ll have a lot of potential coaches on the team. You know players that love the sport and school but aren’t quite talented enough to make a living playing the sport. 10-15 years from now this could be the moment that springs AU to consistent winning. 

This is going to be awful and so many idiots in the next 12-24 months will say “they shouldn’t have fired Gus”

I’m overreacting and I’ll eventually calm down but I hope they go 3-9 so they are forced to fire him. Don’t like Harsin. He is not the guy. If he is then it would be a miracle turn around. He can’t recruit and his arrogance is cringe. 

Edited by woodford
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Cool. So….4 wins this year? 

I hate Auburn’s leadership. 

3 wins got Chizik canned so maybe just one  more year of disappointment and another three years to rebuild what Harsin broke.

Edited by murpjf88

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm glad that we have a coach that has the stones to stand up to the PTB.  Our coach won this pissing contest!  If he can beat our "good ole boys" maybe he can get our team into shape and beat the real opponents.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, AUnMS said:

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm glad that we have a coach that has the stones to stand up to the PTB.  Our coach won this pissing contest!  If he can beat our "good ole boys" maybe he can get our team into shape and beat the real opponents.

A+ troll post 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

28 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I just wanna say. I’m really glad that everyone is now as depressed and unhopeful about this whole Harsin experiment as I’ve been for the last 3 months. Misery loves company and you guys are the best company a guy could ask for. Nothing makes me happier than seeing you all in misery like me!

Not all of us are depressed and miserable.  Some of us actually feel the opposite because Harsin had the balls to call their bluff and still wants to be here after all of the mess that happened in the last week.

I don't know if he will be successful or not but I'm of the opinion that the remaining players and anyone else he brings in will have a chip on their shoulder and want to prove people wrong.  I think that mindset goes a long way in an athlete's performance on the field.

I would much rather build a foundation of a football team with 3*'s that play sound fundamental football than 4 and 5*s who either are used in the incorrect role/position and/or not disciplined enough to not take stupid penalties (plenty of examples of this from the previous staff).  Yeah this approach will not yield a championship right away but it should produce some consistency that can attract 4 and 5*s willing to play by Harsin's rules.

The closest thing that comes to mind as an example of my point is the USA Men's ice hockey team from 1980. Definitely not the best players, hard ass coach, and playing for big stakes.  And before people go and try to say I'm comparing the end results of that team to what will happen next football season let me stop you right there.  I'm strictly talking about the mindset, type of player that can handle said mindset, and the sound fundamental performance it can produce.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 3
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, AUnMS said:

Yeah, that's cool and all but we need talented bodies on the field to do that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I knew we shouldn’t have fired Gus.  Hold on to him one more year and hire Cristobal to go 8-5 with a roster of 5* recruits would have been the way.

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1