It's done. He's staying

TitanTiger

Man the chest thumping know it all's were wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone please post the Phillip Marshmallow  WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? video. 

2 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

The Boise offense will be implemented, which is closer to pro style than the last regime.

As someone who is absolutely miserable that Harsin will be retained, I love this offense and would love to see an Auburn team running it with talented players. 

• Like 1

Running a program the right way. This should be our top priority at Auburn. I would rather go 8-4 doing things the right way than 12-0 doing things the wrong way. We should never be a win-at-all-costs program. I firmly believe that FSU has been paying for bad karma they gathered up from previous seasons. They had some winning years, but they did it with shady recruiting practices and letting thugs stay on their team who had no business being there.

It would have been wrong to fire Harsin after 1 year without serious wrong doing. It is standard procedure to give a coach at least 2 or 3 years to prove himself and Harsin deserves that.  If Harsin has a losing season next year, which is a real possibility, I would have no problem if Auburn fires him.

I know this fiasco has divided the fanbase and emotions are still raw. I think everyone needs to take a step back and chill out. Harsin will either pull a great comeback story or he will crash and burn. If he crashes there will be good coaches out there that we can pursue. Every year there are good coaches available. September 3 we open up with Mercer. I will be cheering on the team and hoping for success. I hope everyone else here will be too. Until then we have a great basketball team we can focus on. The last thing we need right now is more negative energy. It will infect all our programs and scare away future recruits or potential future coaching hires.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AUx said:

Caption: Auburn University head football coach Bryan Harsin arriving at back door to SEC Media Days, Destin, FL.

scuba.jpg

Dude I just spit tea all over my screen.    

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Man the chest thumping know it all's were wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone please post the Phillip Marshmallow  WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? video. 

God you’re obnoxious. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, LeonardAU said:

maybe he just really enjoys bad to mediocre football

no i dont but i do enjoy the melt down of the master mind super football media experts. 

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

What a fun journey that was! 

4 days ago it was a Public relations nightmare well they just blew the damn lid off of that didn't they ?

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

He doesn’t get it. He has no big picture game.  At this point it’s all about “Harsin alpha!” “Harsin hard nose!” 

He doesn’t get that a guy who’s unwilling or unable to play the nil and recruiting game will destroy the football program. 

Out of likes, but this is so spot on. Bravo! 

He doesn’t get it. He has no big picture game.  At this point it’s all about “Harsin alpha!” “Harsin hard nose!” 

He doesn’t get that a guy who’s unwilling or unable to play the nil and recruiting game will destroy the football program. 

will destroy it? Cuz where have you been? 

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Spot on. 

• Like 1

Day 1 of all this I said that I smelled a rat. Yesterday I also said he was fired because I listened to some dude named Tanner Stewart. So I guess it’s a wash.

• Haha 1

I don't want to sound like a sunshine pumper for Harsin because I know there are problems, but we did have a top 20 recruiting class. If Harsin has a winning season that will only improve. Also, Harsin would have won 9 games last year if Nix hadn't got hurt. We have to remember that.

At this point I give Harsin's chance of success probably less that 50%, especially after this fiasco. It is what it is. We have to roll with it.

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Blind squirrel syndrome. Correct every once in a while. You may wind up correct in this one too, but he doesn’t seem like a guy with a work ethic that allows him to go through that painful of an experience with out growing from it. Past is not always an indication of the future when you have people involved.

3 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

will destroy it? Cuz where have you been? 

What? It’s not destroyed. Buddy if you think that Gus and Harsin’s first year was bad, just wait and see what bonehead stubborn coaching will look like without top 15 classes. The program isn’t destroyed. But it will be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Spot on. 

hey i am always open for a lesson. please educate me. Seriously. We have what we have. Nothing that we can do about that. We haven't done squat sense 2013. Nothing. Where is this big picture been for the last 9 years?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Spot on. 

Fingers crossed that legislation is changed in Alabama and we can play NIL on a level playing field with others. One would have to think that maybe everyone involved learned a lesson from this. Harsin has to love on these kids as hard as he coaches them. He has to open up and be somewhat vulnerable at times in front of these young men just to connect. I hope both sides learn for Auburn’s sake because regardless of what some on here think, if you don’t think the next coach we hire won’t have a discussion with his wife and kids about what could possibly happen if you come here, then you are naïve.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, au4life77 said:

I don't want to sound like a sunshine pumper for Harsin because I know there are problems, but we did have a top 20 recruiting class. If Harsin has a winning season that will only improve. Also, Harsin would have won 9 games last year if Nix hadn't got hurt. We have to remember that.

At this point I give Harsin's chance of success probably less that 50%, especially after this fiasco. It is what it is. We have to roll with it.

Once again, you’re not seeing the big picture. Top 20 recruiting class! Yea! Cool!

Take Trey Donaldson out of the class. He’s not playing football. So we go even lower. And where do we rank compared to all the schools we play?

You can be ranked 14th nationally in recruiting. But if the other SEC teams are 1-13, it doesn’t really do much good.

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

What have we learned from this? 

Alan Greene should never be allowed to make decisions about Auburn Athletics EVER again.

Ever. 

Ever. 

Ever. 

When he gave Coach Flo an extension instead of firing her that should have been a clue that this guy has no business making decisions regarding coaches. Complete joke of an AD.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

That beer has been passed down every 5 years or so since Eric Ramsey. I know it's skunky as all hell now but I wish someone would just finish the damned thing.

No doubt...you would think that with all the research dollars that pour into AU someone could discover a cure for JABA!