It's done. He's staying

TitanTiger

9 minutes ago, wcware said:

Day 1 of all this I said that I smelled a rat. Yesterday I also said he was fired because I listened to some dude named Tanner Stewart. So I guess it’s a wash.

This is why you don’t listen to Tanner Stewart and wait for Lil Mook. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

What? It’s not destroyed. Buddy if you think that Gus and Harsin’s first year was bad, just wait and see what bonehead stubborn coaching will look like without top 15 classes. The program isn’t destroyed. But it will be. 

You missed my point dude. It has already been destroyed. We havent done squat in 9 years. 2013 was along time ago. Sorry that i called you dude but " buddy " is demeaning.

5 minutes ago, au4life77 said:

I don't want to sound like a sunshine pumper for Harsin because I know there are problems, but we did have a top 20 recruiting class. If Harsin has a winning season that will only improve. Also, Harsin would have won 9 games last year if Nix hadn't got hurt. We have to remember that.

At this point I give Harsin's chance of success probably less that 50%, especially after this fiasco. It is what it is. We have to roll with it.

I get your point, and don't discount it, at all, but the what if game can be played all day long. If Bo hadn't been hurt, if Cam had another year,--haha-- if we hadn't blown end of the game leads numerous times...the fact is we have to focus on what is and where are doesn't seem so rosy. What if doesn't win games or recruiting and NIL. 
So unless we have a major shift we can what if, but won't be any better off. 

15 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Blind squirrel syndrome. Correct every once in a while. You may wind up correct in this one too, but he doesn’t seem like a guy with a work ethic that allows him to go through that painful of an experience with out growing from it. Past is not always an indication of the future when you have people involved.

Work ethic. He wouldn’t even get in his his f***ing car and ride down the road to Phenix City to recruit.  What does that say about his work ethic? Sounds like his work ethic is wrapped up in working out so he looks good on his Mexican vacations. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Work ethic. He wouldn’t even get his his f***ing car and ride down the road the Phenix City to recruit.  What does that say about his work ethic? Sounds like his work ethic is wrapped up in working out so he looks good on his Mexican vacations. 

I mean he did have trouble finding his car so maybe that’s the reason.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

Hell, recruit the state of Alabama NOW and offer huge NIL deals.  Alabama has the best crop of recruits that it's ever produced.  Five 5*'s and 15 4*'s right now with 5 of the top 23 & 11 of the top 93 in the country.  

The fact that Auburn just neutered their HC when this state has an abundance of talent is messed up on all fronts.  AU eff's this up and makes Harsin's job ten times more difficult for in-state recruits. SMDH

He’s a bit headstrong and he needs someone that he trusts to tell him when he’s not doing things correctly when it comes to recruiting 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Work ethic. He wouldn’t even get his his f***ing car and ride down the road the Phenix City to recruit.  What does that say about his work ethic? Sounds like his work ethic is wrapped up in working out so he looks good on his Mexican vacations. 

Sounds to me like he is doing "his way". I like that. I know another coach in this state that does it "his way " 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Sounds to me like he is doing "his way". I like that. I know another coach in this state that does it "his way " 

Except Saban’s way actually works and doesn’t involve blowing off recruiting.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

You missed my point dude. It has already been destroyed. We havent done squat in 9 years. 2013 was along time ago. Sorry that i called you dude but " buddy " is demeaning.

Is buddy considered demeaning now? Dang I’m running out of words.

Just because we haven’t  gone to a National Championship since 2013, doesn’t mean our football program was destroyed. Every single season we had hope that if we fixed a thing or two in the off season we’d be there. We always were able to recruit new guys and get guys like Stidham.

A destroyed football program is what Arkansas just went through. We haven’t seen that in Auburn for a long long time. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

This is why you don’t listen to Tanner Stewart and wait for Lil Mook. 

I got a question I was going to tag ole Mook in that tweet but there were a few of them. Is he a rapper in Auburn?

Just now, wcware said:

I got a question I was going to tag ole Mook in that tweet but there were a few of them. Is he a rapper in Auburn?

He’s a renaissance man. Some call him a rapper, others may know him for his media insider abilities. He wears many faces. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

He’s a bit headstrong and he needs someone that he trusts to tell him when he’s not doing things correctly when it comes to recruiting 

Really though? He shouldn't have to he is a grown ass man who is a HFC he shouldn't have to have a GD babysitter to tell him he is doing wrong. 😂

Edited by autiger88
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Now that we know he's staying...i'm torn. lol. At first, I was heated and honestly still mad how a group of selfish entitled people wanted to destroy a person's life and career. 

However, as time has gone on, I'm trying to be positive that he can actually turn this around. But aren't we just delaying the inevitable? I'm normally a very positive person but how does someone survive a horrible work environment? How do we recruit to the level needed to win?

We're realistically looking at a 6 or 7 win season this year at best so immediate winning isn't going to curb the desires for the same conversations to continue throughout the season. Is this yet another situation where we're delaying to come up with the buyout money and to get a better coaching candidate? So many questions i have from this horrendous mess.

If Harsin is able to get 8 or more wins out of this season...he'd be a fricken legend in my book. But I'm just trying to understand how does this scenario NOT end with us getting a new coach?  

10 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

hey i am always open for a lesson. please educate me. Seriously. We have what we have. Nothing that we can do about that. We haven't done squat sense 2013. Nothing. Where is this big picture been for the last 9 years?  

I don't chase goalposts.

If you're not actually happy that this dipshit who can't recruit and chases off coaches was retained, and just laughing in a sort of nihilistic way at the PTB getting owned, fine by me.

But it sure seems from that post and subsequent posts that you are in fact celebrating that this particular guy will continue to be our coach- not because of what he's done (I mean, you couldn't possibly be), but because of how he's done it. 

Regardless, you are celebrating perceived egg on the face of a whole lot of people who have nothing to do with hiring or retaining the guy. That's telling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, WarEagle1983 said:

Now that we know he's staying...i'm torn. lol. At first, I was heated and honestly still mad how a group of selfish entitled people wanted to destroy a person's life and career. 

However, as time has gone on, I'm trying to be positive that he can actually turn this around. But aren't we just delaying the inevitable? I'm normally a very positive person but how does someone survive a horrible work environment? How do we recruit to the level needed to win?

We're realistically looking at a 6 or 7 win season this year at best so immediate winning isn't going to curb the desires for the same conversations to continue throughout the season. Is this yet another situation where we're delaying to come up with the buyout money and to get a better coaching candidate? So many questions i have from this horrendous mess.

If Harsin is able to get 8 or more wins out of this season...he'd be a fricken legend in my book. But I'm just trying to understand how does this scenario NOT end with us getting a new coach?  

We have cookies 😂

darth-vader-dark-side.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

We have cookies 😂

darth-vader-dark-side.gif

I need something Bro! Because, I'm just....just. I don't know! I'm certainly the person in that tea cup right now! lol. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

He’s a renaissance man. Some call him a rapper, others may know him for his media insider abilities. He wears many faces. 

Ok I had the right guy then. He was giving stock advice 😂 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wcware said:

I have no clue.  I’m pretty sure it was @AuCivilEng1that said we should follow him.  

So I put my trust in him and it was shattered 😂

Just now, wcware said:

Ok I had the right guy then. He was giving stock advice 😂 

He knows stocks too, apparently. Like I said. Renaissance man!

Just now, AEAugirl said:

I have no clue.  I’m pretty sure it was @AuCivilEng1that said we should follow him.  

So I put my trust in him and it was shattered 😂

Mook wasn’t about to get into this sh*tshow. He has a reputation to uphold.

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I need something Bro! Because, I'm just....just. I don't know! I'm certainly the person in that tea cup right now! lol. 

Bro I was there till Mason left and then didn't sign a single recruit on NSD like all the experts said we would that's when I lost faith in him then all this s*** happened and well it didn't do anything but make  it worse to me. 

• Like 1

For me, I have liked Harsin because I agree with his overall hard nosed, no nonsense approach. Just haven't agreed with the way he's gone about some other things that have been talked about on here and other places. Hopefully this was an eye opening moment in his career. That being said, I really hope this was a learning moment for both parties and that both can grow for the betterment of AU otherwise it is all a waste.

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 2
  • Love 1