Zeek...

AUght2win

On 2/11/2022 at 1:37 PM, AU North said:

Zeek - This wouldn't happen, but why does my gut tell me that if Saban retired and UA called Harsin to be their HC, he would not even hesitate in his acceptance? Other perceived high-profile schools might apply here also. But I just don't get the impression that AU is his dream job. If it is, I stand corrected. JMO wde

Dream job or not, if he somehow turns things around he will almost certainly leave when other offers start coming in. After everything that has occurred the past few weeks, why would he stay? I think Harsin will be gone in a year or two regardless of whether he succeeds or fails.

3 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

Nice. There is only about 40 years between Philpott being president and Gogue being president. If Philpott said it, we only played 10 games per year. 80% win percentage. If Gogue said it, we play 12 per year and a 66% win percentage.

LOL, yeah. Just looked up past Presidents and now I think it was William Muse that said it. Don't think he was much of a football fan.

On 2/11/2022 at 3:46 PM, wcware said:

Let’s be honest, we have never recruited great. When we had high ranking recruiting classes there were massive needs that still went unmet. None of us know the whole story but you can’t tell me with an honest face that these guys were supporting him. Maybe he told them to F off, I don’t know but I do know there is a common denominator going back over 30 years now. Is it possible this could turn into a purge Auburn needed? I’m trying to be optimistic. I cannot get behind people that see a vulnerable situation and make up allegations and drag kids and families through the mud to get their way. It’s clear that they are willing to hurt Auburn to have what they want. Harsin might not be the guy but I bet he bought himself some time. It wouldn’t surprise me to see possibly some lawsuits coming up. I don’t think this is over. It might be off topic. Sorry not much about recruiting in there.

Good thoughts. I only disagree in that we, for many years until the last few were landing Top 10 classes. Naturally,  even a great HS kid receiving a 4 or 5 star out of HS does not translate into a  good college player. Such has been the case for as long as I can remember. Some of these kids need much more coaching at the college level than others do and if the staff is unable to develop them, or even motivate them, then it turns into a recruiting bust, but the funny thing about it is, there are some that leave, get the true guidance they lacked at one place and actually make and contribute to an NFL team. That’s just my two cents. Some kids heads are so big coming out of HS, that very few coaches possess the ability to put them in their place and convince them that there is another way of learning. This is why unlike BB you don’t see FB players going from HS to the pros or being one and done. 95% of them would get trucked and ruined.