How did all this start?

creed

I feel like all this is going to set Auburn football back 6yrs or more..........don't follow facebook or twitter so Wednesday was first I heard of any of it......still extremely confused........I didn't know we lost CM till Wed.

This man 

F56E6782-7E68-4984-9A31-363D7E5B1C0E.jpeg

Hired this man 

B78EEAA5-A78E-4848-9B44-F791145F9ADC.jpeg

Who doesn’t like this man 

242B8BE9-6BB0-40A3-A83A-9D29BA41D1BE.jpeg

So he hired this man to bring his Blue Steel to the Plains. 

31F421F6-857D-4C7B-A2BC-42B3395F94C9.png

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Haha 2

This thread is hilarious some of y'all sure we're complaining the other day about speculating without facts and here y'all are speculating without facts. Hmmm? 🤔

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

This thread is hilarious some of y'all sure we're complaining the other day about speculating without facts and here y'all are speculating without facts. Hmmm? 🤔

Well, if you have facts it’s definitely not speculating (at least not about the facts). Entirely possible to speculate on what the facts will lead to.

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

I feel like all this is going to set Auburn football back 6yrs or more..........don't follow facebook or twitter so Wednesday was first I heard of any of it......still extremely confused........I didn't know we lost CM till Wed.

Good for you. You didn't waste a lot of unproductive time like me and lots of others die.

2 hours ago, jw 4 au said:

This should be the team motto for the 2022 season!  And it needs to be OUR attitude here. We, the “fans, are hurting this team WAY more than anything else.  I cringe what I read on here sometimes. 

AMEN AND AMEN.   

19 hours ago, cbo said:

The PTB's culpability in this is anything they did to leak information. I don't see how they did anything else wrong. 

Not just leaking information. Either leaking false information or all out fabricating it. 

20 hours ago, creed said:

. Where did this CBH start and what was the facts? Does anyone have a timeline?

No one except Gouge, BoT and Harsin knows for sure. None of the rest of us will ever know unless it goes to civil trial at some future date. (And it very well could).

• Like 2

19 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Short answer -- the university felt it had a legal obligation to conduct an investigation.   Longer answer -- years ago the United States Supreme Court decided two cases -Ellerth and Faragher.   The cases both dealt with sexually hostile work environment claims and specifically under what circumstances is an employer vicariously liable for a hostile work environment allegedly created by a supervisor/manager that does not include quid pro quo harassment.   Essentially what the court decided was that an employer has an absolute defense to a hostile environment claim if it "took prompt remedial action" immediately upon learning of allegations of workplace harassment.   "Prompt remedial action" typically includes conducting a fair and impartial investigation to determine the truth or falsity of the alleged claims.  If the allegations are found to be with merit, the employer must then take appropriate actions designed to stop and prevent future misconduct.    Here, social media alleged inappropriate sexual conduct between a manager, Harsin, and a university employee, his assistant.   Despite it merely being a rumor, it was smart, in my legal opinion, to conduct an investigation.  What was not smart was having that investigation become public knowledge.   That is the question in my mind --- how did the investigation become public.   Although Ellerth and Faragher dealt specifically with claims of sexually hostile work environment, many courts use the same analysis to decide various types of related claims.

Not a lawyer but an academic. This rings true. Some of the material from the official statements suggests the sex rumor was in view. Read Harsin’s statement in particular with that in mind. At the same time, @TitanTiger’s comment that concerns were already percolating looks correct as well. I’m going to assume that sex rumor (s?) was malicious and false.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DyeCampAlum said:

Not a lawyer but an academic. This rings true. Some of the material from the official statements suggests the sex rumor was in view. Read Harsin’s statement in particular with that in mind. At the same time, @TitanTiger’s comment that concerns were already percolating looks correct as well. I’m going to assume that sex rumor (s?) was malicious and false.

Sex rumor might be hard to prove in court..........doesn't necessarily mean it's false..........especially if it's an adult relationship outside of marriage.

Which is a terrible look.......most likley not grounds for termination I am guessing.

If Auburn had concluded that he was in a relationship with someone under his supervision, they wouldn’t need to “prove” it in court. It’s a Title IX issue, and they’d have to act. I’m not saying I know what happened, but it’s far more likely they looked into it and didn’t find it probable.

14 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

If Auburn had concluded that he was in a relationship with someone under his supervision, they wouldn’t need to “prove” it in court. It’s a Title IX issue, and they’d have to act. I’m not saying I know what happened, but it’s far more likely they looked into it and didn’t find it probable.

So if both re willing participants and cover their tracks how could it be proved?...........aside from Private Investagator.

49 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Sex rumor might be hard to prove in court..........doesn't necessarily mean it's false..........especially if it's an adult relationship outside of marriage.

Which is a terrible look.......most likley not grounds for termination I am guessing.

It most definitely would be grounds if proven. Nothing is grounds if not proven. Except if NCAA gets involved. They don’t necessarily have to prove things as they are a governing body not a court. But none of that is in play here.

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2022 at 2:16 PM, TitanTiger said:

From what I've been able to gather, contrary to Auburn Twitter, this didn't start with the notorious 'powers that be' trying to get Harsin out on the cheap.  It started several months ago with some stories trickling up the chain at Auburn that initially were viewed as the normal stuff you see after a regime change - adjusting to the new guy and the way he does things, people not liking change, Harsin being more demanding than Gus, etc.  But over time the anecdotes kept accumulating and a few sounded more serious and Auburn felt they needed to start digging a little bit to see if there was anything to some of it.  

I believe (I cannot stress enough that this is just me trying to piece bits and pieces together on the timeline and not gospel) this is roughly when certain power players might have gotten more involved and saw a potential opportunity to move on from a coach they didn't want to begin with and who, they felt, was clearly not up for what it takes to recruit in big boy football down here and was taking the program in a bad trajectory.

That led to the leaks and rumors and such over the last 7-10 days and to where we are now.

I agree.  Some players did like raised expectations.  The Media paid more attention to the undisciplined crybabies leaving than the stars that stayed and what they had to say

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 2

8 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Good for you. You didn't waste a lot of unproductive time like me and lots of others die.

Just got finished listening to Cole Cubelic's take on what happened....kinda respect his input being a former player and giving a shoutout to one of my favorite TE's in Fred Baxter in the interview👍

4 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

I agree.  Some players did like raised expectations.  The Media paid more attention to the undisciplined crybabies leaving than the stars that stayed and what they had to say

I don't think it's fair to characterize everyone who left and had a problem with how they were treated as "undisciplined crybabies," especially since you and I aren't privy to the circumstances and what was said that led to them leaving.

• Like 1

When personal rumors started happening it should’ve been zapped from the start. People here don’t know how to separate personal from professional and IMO it snow balled out of control. Now a lot of people have egg on their face (they won’t admit it). I am supporting CBH and I hope he leads Auburn to the promise land for all the reason if he succeeds , Auburn succeeds. Some of you guys want Auburn to succeed on your terms and it is fairly obvious based on the post reaction.  Some of you guys were low key hoping some of this allegations were true, which is very despicable in my eyes. Be able to separate the man from the coach. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

On 2/11/2022 at 2:55 PM, creed said:

Here's something from Gouge. 

“Unfortunately, social media fueled wild speculation, substantial misinformation and unfair attacks on good Auburn people."

The sad part is a lot of members of this forum fell for the above to the tune of 212 pages. A sign of mental weakness IMO.

This started due to valid complaints within the university structure.  That had nothing to do with the rumor mill affair etc.   As for problems with Harsin's personality and willingness to do the things expected of a head coach.  Many of us have been pointing that out for quite some time now.  It is and it remains a problem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

When personal rumors started happening it should’ve been zapped from the start. People here don’t know how to separate personal from professional and IMO it snow balled out of control. Now a lot of people have egg on their face (they won’t admit it). I am supporting CBH and I hope he leads Auburn to the promise land for all the reason if he succeeds , Auburn succeeds. Some of you guys want Auburn to succeed on your terms and it is fairly obvious based on the post reaction.  Some of you guys were low key hoping some of this allegations were true, which is very despicable in my eyes. Be able to separate the man from the coach. 

Some of us want Auburn to succeed and realize that unless Harsin makes substantial changes in the way he does things, that has no chance whatsoever of actually happening.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Well, if you have facts it’s definitely not speculating (at least not about the facts). Entirely possible to speculate on what the facts will lead to.

200.gif

14 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

i-give-up-oh-my.gif

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I don't think it's fair to characterize everyone who left and had a problem with how they were treated as "undisciplined crybabies," especially since you and I aren't privy to the circumstances and what was said that led to them leaving.

You're right I dont know why said that.  Except for Shenkers quote:

Listen and Listen Carefully: @CoachHarsin is my football coach! He is the leader I want to have in my corner. If you have a problem with his Discipline, Toughness, and Conviction that he instills in his players than get your entitled, selfish, and soft tail out away this program.

.  Also, when Lee Hunter said  "The reason I chose to leave Auburn because we got treated like we wasn't good enough, and like dogs," Hunter wrote  

When a reporter did an Instagram interview with Hunter and asked for specific reasons, Harsin is unreasonable with players being late to practice, team meetings, or class.  Harsin would then take disciplinary action.  What kind of action?  Suspended from practice, facilities, weightroom, team meetings for one week.

SO YEAH.  A BUNCH OF UNDISCIPLINED CRYBABIES THAT GUS 8-5 MALZAHN CREATED

• Like 3
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

SO YEAH.  A BUNCH OF UNDISCIPLINED CRYBABIES THAT GUS 8-5 MALZAHN CREATED

Maybe some remedial arithmetic is in order? 8-5 is better than 6-7.

On 2/11/2022 at 1:34 PM, creed said:

Fact versus fiction. Where did this CBH start and what was the facts? Does anyone have a timeline?

Mikey told tHe staff that O-line numbers were great so don’t recruit any and the ball start rolling!!!   😂😂😂😂😂