How did all this start?

creed

1 minute ago, oracle79 said:

Didn't say they were soft. Just they couldn't get on board with the current culture.

Neither is it because they couldn't "get on board with the current culture."  That's just a euphemism for saying they were soft and couldn't handle Harsin coaching them hard.

1 minute ago, oracle79 said:

People aren't going to hold your hand throughout life and most bosses in the real world that I know aren't going to be calling your parents and updating them on your progress and well being. Some programs will I'm sure, so I'm again glad that they realized this and moved on. It helps them and it helps Auburn.

And again, that's a blanket statement that is unwarranted and unsupported.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Maybe if you don't think we do a good enough job you should go somewhere else?

Sounds like something Harsin would tell disgruntled players. 😅

Just now, DAG said:

Who is we? I love quite a bit of y'all. Some of you guys do a damn good job moderating and being balanced.

The entire moderating and admin staff of AUFamily.

Just now, DAG said:

But are you going to answer my question or not?

Gonna need some help on this.  What question?

Neither is it because they couldn't "get on board with the current culture."  That's just a euphemism for saying they were soft and couldn't handle Harsin coaching them hard.

Now you just going to make assumptions on what people are saying ? LOL

It easily could mean, CBH is a type A who thinks football 100% and other players just didn't jive with it. In no way does that equate to soft. Logic.

2 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Sounds like something Harsin would tell disgruntled players. 😅

Right?! You critique me. GET OUT

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Who's my little buddy and why should I have known every blessed thing said on this forum?

He is referring to me when I made the statement on his recruitment philosophy.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Now you just going to make assumptions on what people are saying ? LOL

It easily could mean, CBH is a type A who thinks football 100% and other players just didn't jive with it. In no way does that equate to soft. Logic.

If that's true then we're doomed.  Because coaching college football at an elite level, in this conference, is never 100% about football.  If he doesn't clue into that, then all we've done is delay the inevitable.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Gonna need some help on this.  What question?

What wasn't a load of BS? The only thing that I saw that was anywhere close to the truth was what Smoke Monday said about CBH.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

If that's true then we're doomed.  Because coaching college football at an elite level, in this conference, is never 100% about football.  If he doesn't clue into that, then all we've done is delay the inevitable.

I am not disagreeing with that. Never have. You aren't coaching robots here.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Right?! You critique me. GET OUT

Well, I mean...I'm not going to be the one to leave.  So if this board isn't being run the way you think it ought to be - and that's not going to change -  then you have options?  Stay and deal with it or leave.  It's not an ultimatum.  It's just the way things are.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Well, I mean...I'm not going to be the one to leave.  So if this board isn't being run the way you think it ought to be - and that's not going to change -  then you have options?  Stay and deal with it or leave.  It's not an ultimatum.  It's just the way things are.

It is not about what you do, it's how you do it. My point was the way things went around here last week was shameful. You don't have to like that either. I can say that and still be here. A very well respected moderator said the very same thing. Are you telling him he should probably find another place to moderate?

Edited by DAG

Oh the irony...lol.

• Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

25 minutes ago, DAG said:

Kind of like the other day when your little buddy said CBH doesn't like to recruit top guys? Extreme no? That is a little different than saying, CBH is not utilizing the NIL to it's best extent to get top guys, no? 

Let it go man…  It’s not worth it. Let bygones be bygones.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

What wasn't a load of BS? The only thing that I saw that was anywhere close to the truth was what Smoke Monday said about CBH.

First, to some degree we're all deciding who we find more believable.  None of us were privy to these conversations and comments.  

But based on what I've seen and heard, I think it's safe to say that Harsin wrongly thinks that he can make this job 100% about football - that he doesn't make enough of an effort to get to know the kids and their families and show that he cares about them as people.  Or maybe it's that he thinks only those who do things on the field the way he wants them done are worthy of such personal treatment.  And this would also end up affecting how he recruits.  If he can't connect with these players and their parents on more than just a "football" level, we'll keep seeing difference makers go to our rivals rather than being here.

I think there is something do that situation with the player that reached out to him over poor play in a game and asking what he could do better being more or less ignored and told he should find a new place to play.  Whether it was that cut and dried or not I'm not sure, but I don't think that was just made up out of whole cloth.

I think there's an issue with how he interacts with his coaches and it's not all just because they didn't perform to expectations.  Mason leaving for a $400k pay cut should send up some alarm bells. 

The vetting of Austin Davis was a disaster.

That's off the top of my head.  I think some of the more inflammatory accusations were exaggerated (he's racist) or made up (the personal misconduct allegations).  I think the general thrust of what was being said about him had some merit and he needs to make some adjustments and learn how it's done at this level, in this part of the country.  If the lesson he takes away from them not finding cause to fire him with no buyout is "I don't have any areas where I need to change and adjust," then we'll be back here in the next 12-24 months again.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

It is not about what you do, it's how you do it. My point was the way things went around here last week was shameful. You don't have to like that either. I can say that and still be here. A very well respected moderator said the very same thing. Are you telling him he should probably find another place to moderate?

And I disagree.  I think we handled it about as well as we could without just shutting it down altogether or spending 24/7 on this board to play whack a mole.  And it's not going to change.  So decide if that's something you can deal with and stay or that you can't and leave.  But there's only so much bitching about it I'm going to take.

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

And I disagree.  I think we handled it about as well as we could without just shutting it down altogether or spending 24/7 on this board to play whack a mole.  And it's not going to change.  So decide if that's something you can deal with and stay or that you can't and leave.  But there's only so much bitching about it I'm going to take.

And then what? You are going to just ban people who don't agree with you? Are you going to ban the people bitching about the conclusion of CBH? I will be here. So disagree all you like.  You keep saying we. S/O to golf, Big bird, etc, all the others. It is legit just you lol. For this very reason right now. So I guess if you don't like my opinion on stuff, you are going to have to ban me. 

Edited by DAG

What's confusing about this is Chandler Wooten seemed like he would walk on hot coals for Harsin. Others had serious problems with Harsins style. To me, it speaks how vast the gulf was between Malzahn and Harsins styles. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

And then what? You are going to just ban people who don't agree with you? Are you going to ban the people bitching about the conclusion of CBH? I will be here. So disagree all you like.  You keep saying we. S/O to golf, Big bird, etc. It is a me and you thing, Let's just put it out there. 

Golf, bird and others all had the exact same power to remove posts they felt when beyond reasonable discussion here, so if you have a problem with what was allowed to be discussed this past week, you have a problem with every mod that didn't step in and curtail it to your satisfaction.

As far as "and then what," when/if it gets to where it's time to move on, I'll deal with it.  If it's a you and me thing, I'll just put that out there.  The time is coming soon where we aren't going to keep whining about this.  I think I and the rest of the mods handled a fast moving, crazy story pretty well.  Certainly better than some of the other boards out there.  So this gripe-fest isn't going to go on ad nauseam.

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

What's confusing about this is Chandler Wooten seemed like he would walk on hot coals for Harsin. Others had serious problems with Harsins style. To me, it speaks how vast the gulf was between Malzahn and Harsins styles. 

It is not that confusing tbh. People just made a mountain out of a mole hill. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Golf, bird and others all had the exact same power to remove posts they felt when beyond reasonable discussion here, so if you have a problem with what was allowed to be discussed this past week, you have a problem with every mod that didn't step in and curtail it to your satisfaction.

As far as "and then what," when/if it gets to where it's time to move on, I'll deal with it.  If it's a you and me thing, I'll just put that out there.  The time is coming soon where we aren't going to keep whining about this.  I think I and the rest of the mods handled a fast moving, crazy story pretty well.  Certainly better than some of the other boards out there.  So this gripe-fest isn't going to go on ad nauseam.

The point of the matter is this started when things got personal (Same thing I said on page 2), as the title of this thread pointed out. When people started gossiping about freaking church women, whose his daughters are sleeping with and who called who a potato was the start. You leave it football then it's gravy. It got all grey when people started mentioning people's families, etc. As for the other stuff, We don't mess with each other that is fine with me. Whatever happens, happens. 

Edited by DAG

Could you imagine what the forum would have been like in 1998 and 1999? Terry Bowden was being canned with all kinds of accusations swirling around him and the athletic department. Then “Brother” Bill Oliver gets the interim coach title. When he’s not chosen to be the head coach, he sues the university for breach of contract because the PTB had told him he’d be the new coach if he’d help them oust CTB. Tuberville  inherited a mess and eventually won 6 in a row vs Alabama!

If we think this is bad, you only have to go back to the 1998-1999 seasons to realize it could be worse!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drsteve87 said:

Could you imagine what the forum would have been like in 1998 and 1999? Terry Bowden was being canned with all kinds of accusations swirling around him and the athletic department. Then “Brother” Bill Oliver gets the interim coach title. When he’s not chosen to be the head coach, he sues the university for breach of contract because the PTB had told him he’d be the new coach if he’d help them oust CTB. Tuberville  inherited a mess and eventually won 6 in a row vs Alabama!

If we think this is bad, you only have to go back to the 1998-1999 seasons to realize it could be worse!

Would've been gold

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Would've been gold

I agree. I rarely post but frequently check what’s happening on the AU forums. The past two weeks have been extremely entertaining!!!😁