How did all this start?

creed

15 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'll be very surprised if Harsin ever wins eight games in one season at Auburn. Looking at 4-8, or at the very best 5-7 next year, primarily because he let the team be gutted through the transfer portal and has failed to bring in sufficient replacements.

On the bright side, he'll probably break his five game losing streak early on, because his first two opponents next year are Mercer and San Jose State. Surely there won't be a huge 2nd half collapse in at least one of those two games.

Quote: "Yet,under Gus, a high school QB was never once developed.."

Gee, Auburn's record books say that Bo Nix is Auburn's all-time career total offense leader. What planet do you live on?

Cool, tell me where to look for the Nix stat.  More than Nick MArshal?  Nix's best season vs Cam?  NIx vs Stidham?  I do want to see those stats?  Last I saw were people calling for Nix to get benched for Finley.  That didn't work but also doesnt say a lot about Nix. 

Harsin, again time will tell.  I will admit Harsin failed to take advantage of the transfer portal and that is just frustrating. 

As far as breaking his win streak, dont bother with youre pathetic sarcasm.  It is those cupcake teams that would have given Gus his "Solid" eight win season in 2020

• Like 2

On 2/11/2022 at 3:33 PM, creed said:

How about those that propagated, repeated and forwarded the leaked info. Maybe they should get a DA tattoo on their forehead. LOL

Yup. The way this fan base fulfills its own prophecies is amazing. Turn a molehill into a mountain and then blame some nebulous cabal for everything. The lack of self awareness and personal responsibility is really something. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So that is a fact.  Bo Nix has passed for the most yards of any Auburn QB.  However, he isn't getting drafted after three years.  How does his best season compare to other QBs?  Look, I am not saying Nix is bad.  He likely would have won the Heisman is anyone other than Gusx  coached him.  His ceiling his tremendous IMO, but he was going no where with Gus.  Gus left poor receivers and an o-line.  Nix still had his best season under Harsin.  Also, if you are crediting Gus, Bo completed no better than 59% of his passes under Gus.  Thats OK.  No great or amazing, not bad, just ok.  So yes Nix threw for more yards than any Auburn QB in school history, but has a lot of incomplete passes.  A percentage that will not get him to the NFL.  Bo's stat is quantity over quality.  So NO Gus cannot develop a QB.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Yup. The way this fan base fulfills its own prophecies is amazing. Turn a molehill into a mountain and then blame some nebulous cabal for everything. The lack of self awareness and personal responsibility is really something. 

Maybe we could establish  something to tag to posters when they are posting craziness. Ex. TBYP (think before you post) or MM (mental midget). 

13 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

Bo's stat is quantity over quality.

Bingo. The only dudes to start as many games as he did played almost 20 years ago or more. And before anyone says it, no, Bo didn't start as a true freshman because he was actually that good. 

Jarrett Stidham passed for more yards in each of his two seasons than Bo did in any of his. And that was throwing mostly screen passes to Ryan Davis. 

I mean, the kid was 100% going to lose go Georgia State and had to get bailed out by a very inexperienced backup. As a 3rd-year starter. About all you need to know. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, creed said:

Maybe we could establish  something to tag to posters when they are posting craziness. Ex. TBYP (think before you post) or MM (mental midget). 

I'm fond of AYFKM but I don't want to push the boundaries of "family" too far or too often. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, creed said:

Also THAFG ( thinks he’s a football genius).

13 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

So that is a fact.  Bo Nix has passed for the most yards of any Auburn QB.  However, he isn't getting drafted after three years.

He hasn't declared for the draft. Unless he declares, he can't be drafted. DUH!

13 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

So yes Nix threw for more yards than any Auburn QB in school history, but has a lot of incomplete passes.

He also had more passes dropped than any QB in Auburn history.

16 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

As far as breaking his win streak, dont bother with youre pathetic sarcasm.  It is those cupcake teams that would have given Gus his "Solid" eight win season in 2020

Gus finished 6-4 against an all-SEC schedule in 2020. Harsin finished 3-5 vs SEC teams in '21. Back to remedial arithmetic for you and you'll learn that 6-4 is better than 3-5.

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Gus finished 6-4 against an all-SEC schedule in 2020. Harsin finished 3-5 vs SEC teams in '21. Back to remedial arithmetic for you and you'll learn that 6-4 is better than 3-5.

He has also short hopped more passes to open receivers than any previous QB,  missed more receiver less than 10 yds away, and ignored more check down receivers after diagnosing a blitz.

4 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

He has also short hopped more passes to open receivers than any previous QB,  missed more receiver less than 10 yds away, and ignored more check down receivers after diagnosing a blitz.

Also picked up more key first downs running the ball than any AU QB not named Cam.

3 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Or Nick?

Perhaps, though I don't recall Nick being particularly great at making 1st downs. Long runs, yes.

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

I wonder why he didn't declare for the Draft?  It obviously, wasn't to finish his career out at Auburn.

Yes.  Bo would have completed 71% of his passes this year if it wasn't for the receivers and harsin would have probably gone 11-1

2015 Gus went 6-6 2-6 in the SEC and that included three cupcake games.  Back to remedial math and history for you.  You'll learn that 3-5 is better than 2-6.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 2/14/2022 at 8:48 AM, McLoofus said:

blame some nebulous cabal for everything

Nebulous cabal.  That is definitely in my top 10 list of things I never expected to read on a football forum.

Frakkin Illuminati confirmed.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

I wonder why he didn't declare for the Draft?  It obviously, wasn't to finish his career out at Auburn.

Yes.  Bo would have completed 71% of his passes this year if it wasn't for the receivers and harsin would have probably gone 11-1

2015 Gus went 6-6 2-6 in the SEC and that included three cupcake games.  Back to remedial math and history for you.  You'll learn that 3-5 is better than 2-6.

Back to remedial arithmetic for you. 7-6 is better than 6-7. Arithmetic aside, a winning season is better than a losing season. Gus never had a losing season, 8-0 on that one. Harsin is now 0-1, his only season at AU being a losing season.

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Back to remedial arithmetic for you. 7-6 is better than 6-7. Arithmetic aside, a winning season is better than a losing season. Gus never had a losing season, 8-0 on that one. Harsin is now 0-1, his only season at AU being a losing season.

But Harsin beat LSU at their stadium breaking a long curse which is something Gus never did.  We can pick and choose outcomes and situations but I believe the reason Harsin didn't have a winning record was he l ost his starting QB to injury and then the backup QB got injured.  I don't know why people don't take that into account as to why we lost games on the back half of the season.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, McFU said:

But Harsin beat LSU at their stadium breaking a long curse which is something Gus never did.  We can pick and choose outcomes and situations but I believe the reason Harsin didn't have a winning record was he l ost his starting QB to injury and then the backup QB got injured.  I don't know why people don't take that into account as to why we lost games on the back half of the season.

Harsin needed an absolute miracle play from a QB who chose to leave to beat a 6-7 LSU team and got its coach fired 2 years removed from a national title.

That national title team is the last LSU team that Gus lost to in BR. Gus almost beat them.

The other LSU teams that Gus lost to in BR won 9, 9 and 10 games. He had one of those teams beaten before halftime and then lost to them in very much the same fashion that Harsin lost to 7-win MSU this season.

Our LSU win this past season was very exciting at the time but it was not objectively impressive by any stretch of the imagination.

Good points about Bo and the losing season, though. Even after the bowl game I was pleased with what was happening on the field. It's everything that has happened since early signing day that has me down on Harsin.

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Harsin needed an absolute miracle play from a QB who chose to leave to beat a 6-7 LSU team and got its coach fired 2 years removed from a national title.

That national title team is the last LSU team that Gus lost to in BR. Gus almost beat them.

The other LSU teams that Gus lost to in BR won 9, 9 and 10 games. He had one of those teams beaten before halftime and then lost to them in very much the same fashion that Harsin lost to 7-win MSU this season.

Our LSU win this past season was very exciting at the time but it was not objectively impressive by any stretch of the imagination.

Good points about Bo and the losing season, though. Even after the bowl game I was pleased with what was happening on the field. It's everything that has happened since early signing day that has me down on Harsin.

I can understand that point of view of Harsin since early signing day because it obviously isn't what anybody wanted.  I just give him a long leash because so many things are different now between the portal, NIL, establishing his culture, and possibly not understanding the connections he needed to while recruiting. I believe it does take time to acclimate to the SEC and believe he will do so because he very competative.  I really believe he had it set up so Mason and Bobo could do the heavy lifting on the recruiting front and when they left it created a void which he tried to fill with Austin Davis.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

TIme will tell

On 2/13/2022 at 10:05 AM, auburnphan said:

Mikey told tHe staff that O-line numbers were great so don’t recruit any and the ball start rolling!!!   😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, auburnphan said:

O-line numbers were great three years ago. Back to back recruiting classes with only one O-line guy in each one changes things. Try to keep up.

• Like 1