UT on fire

LKEEL75

1 minute ago, LKEEL75 said:

Not looking forward to playing UT on road if they play this hard

Certainly UT is a good team. But they are playing above their average tonight. UK is also playing poorly. 

This Vol team looks different. Chandler and Ziegler are quick as lightning. You can always count on their defense. Question is. Can they score consistently? We’ll need our best road effort.

• Like 3

Tennessee is always moving and slashing on offense.  Last night they did made the correct pass needed to get buckets.  Those back door cuts and movement from all angles looked a bit Princeton offense.  They'll be tough in Knoxville. 

• Like 1

Only saw the first half, but we'll need to defend better around the perimeter than Kentucky did to win, I do believe. UTk was getting, and making, open three point looks that whole half. Doesn't seem that Kentucky adjusted well enough, either, since the Vols did more than just hang on for the victory.

Then again, Kentucky didn't look nearly as good without Tyty.

Thank you Tennessee! Now AU can lose 2 games and still get a share of the SEC title. Drop just one and it is ours! That game at Tenn looks like it will be a tough one so glad we won't have a whole lot on the line (hopefully). We can lose to anyone as shown by the uga and mizzou games but i like our chances in the rest. Even the game at FL looks very winnable unless we just totally crap the bed. 

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

Thank you Tennessee! Now AU can lose 2 games and still get a share of the SEC title. Drop just one and it is ours! That game at Tenn looks like it will be a tough one so glad we won't have a whole lot on the line (hopefully). We can lose to anyone as shown by the uga and mizzou games but i like our chances in the rest. Even the game at FL looks very winnable unless we just totally crap the bed. 

Not if we lose to Tennessee and they finish with 3 losses. 

Fla and Tenn will be our toughest game left especially with them both being away games. I hope that the ref's call the game equally between the two Centers in the Fl. game if so we should win.

18 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

Not if we lose to Tennessee and they finish with 3 losses. 

Incorrect.  There are no tie/breakers in SEC BB. If three teams finish with three losses, all three would be co-champions. 

3 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Incorrect.  There are no tie/breakers in SEC BB. If three teams finish with three losses, all three would be co-champions. 

Ok but if Tennessee and Auburn are both 15-3, UT will get the #1 seed in the conference tourney

33 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

Ok but if Tennessee and Auburn are both 15-3, UT will get the #1 seed in the conference tourney

Are you saying we're going to loose 2 more SEC games, UF and UT?  We only have 1 SEC loss now.  I don't see that happening (2 more losses), maybe 1 but not 2.

9 minutes ago, 81spacetiger said:

Are you saying we're going to loose 2 more SEC games, UF and UT?  We only have 1 SEC loss now.  I don't see that happening (2 more losses), maybe 1 but not 2.

I’m not making any predictions. We’re discussing the scenarios. Of course we could easily lose two games. Road trips to UT, UF and Miss St will be tough. 

• Like 1

True, we could drop more than 1 game.  I do think we have as easy path to the regular season championship as any other team.  We can afford to drop 2 games and be, at worse, tied for the regular season championship.  

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Flan is getting back to be his former self which will make it harder to beat us.  I know its only 1 game (last one) but if he can give us ~15 pts a game, we will be hard to beat (assuming all others are still chipping in as they have in the past).  

Lets just keep taking them 1 at a time, Vandy is next.  

22 minutes ago, 81spacetiger said:

True, we could drop more than 1 game.  I do think we have as easy path to the regular season championship as any other team.  We can afford to drop 2 games and be, at worse, tied for the regular season championship.  

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Flan is getting back to be his former self which will make it harder to beat us.  I know its only 1 game (last one) but if he can give us ~15 pts a game, we will be hard to beat (assuming all others are still chipping in as they have in the past).  

Lets just keep taking them 1 at a time, Vandy is next.  

Oh no doubt. We’re clearly the favorite but UT might be more of a threat than UK. 

UT is going to be a fun matchup. Going to be a really tough assignment for our 1 and 2 guards to keep up with Zeigler and Chandler. They are both small and quick just like Zep and Green. I feel like Green struggled a bit earlier in the season going against smaller quicker guards....can't remember the matchup. Hopefully our ability to play close on the perimeter and allow Wessler to clean up everything that gets to the paint will be effective. 

when we beat kentucky coach cap said it was because they had a player hurt. so altho i used to honor kentucky pulling for them for my stepfather who died back when dye was still coaching i now make it a point to laugh at cap. also i think if we had not danced on arkies logo we beat them but we gave them a reason to rally. out of curiosity what did their fans say to them when auburn was walking into their gym? i figure it must have been bad to make them do the logo thing. that being said i wonder if bruce was mad about them doing it?

14 minutes ago, gravejd said:

UT is going to be a fun matchup. Going to be a really tough assignment for our 1 and 2 guards to keep up with Zeigler and Chandler. They are both small and quick just like Zep and Green. I feel like Green struggled a bit earlier in the season going against smaller quicker guards....can't remember the matchup. Hopefully our ability to play close on the perimeter and allow Wessler to clean up everything that gets to the paint will be effective. 

Yes,I agree. In college there's a very heavy boost to teams with great guard play. This is a great test for us to find out what we are going to need to work on. A great game to gauge where our guards are at too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zeroforwinger said:

It’s not that simple. Look at the info in the link below, re: seeding and tie-breakers. The formula gets complicated and all of the possible scenarios cannot be determined at this point, even if there is a three way tie for the regular season championship.  I can see where it is possible  that seeding could be determined by coin flips. 

http://a.espncdn.com/sec/media/2021/SEC Basketball Champion and Tournament Seeding.pdf

• Like 1

I want the outright championship! Just win them all! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1