2023 Offensive/Defensive Line Recruiting

toddc

Someone pm’ed and thought we needed a dedicated thread for this “make or break “ position.

I’ll start;

Edited by toddc
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Looks like @Zeek has had enough for awhile, but @Paladin could you help me out with this.

Coach Pink has a great article in the ON3 website if you can get it.

He’s talking about all of these out of state kids we’re going after. Sounds like CW Friend is working hard to make us proud. We shall see!

Edited by toddc
  • Like 3

Miles McVay

• Like 1

We should definitely be able to use PT as a selling point. Also need to get NIL going strong as O-Line is by far our biggest need. 

• Like 2

Edited by toddc

Seems like Brad Bedell and Joe Bernardi will help a good deal with some of these west coast guys. A ton of names we seem to be on. Guys from all over too

• Like 2

2023 recruits? Ready for O-line play in, say, 2024 or 25? We'd better hit the transfer portal hard before then.

I really don't like the Tony Barbee style of recruiting, which was "Ignore what's readily available in your own back yard and wander off all over the country in search of recruits". That didn't do us any favors in basketball. I see one offered from Connecticut. I'd speculate with some degree of confidence that there are more O-line college prospects in the greater Atlanta area than are in the entire state of Connecticut.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, au302 said:

Seems like Brad Bedell and Joe Bernardi will help a good deal with some of these west coast guys. A ton of names we seem to be on. Guys from all over too

I really don't understand why Bedell isn't already our OL coach, unless Harsin and Friend have unlocked something that we're only starting to see. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

2023 recruits? Ready for O-line play in, say, 2024 or 25? We'd better hit the transfer portal hard before then.

I really don't like the Tony Barbee style of recruiting, which was "Ignore what's readily available in your own back yard and wander off all over the country in search of recruits". That didn't do us any favors in basketball. I see one offered from Connecticut. I'd speculate with some degree of confidence that there are more O-line college prospects in the greater Atlanta area than are in the entire state of Connecticut.

If we were only recruiting guys from far away I would agree with you but these are people in addition to more local areas.  One of the things Harsin did was build up the behind the scenes recruiting staff so we can review more players. With so much competition for O-line in our local area from the big guys like bama and Georgia and with the Fla. Miami coaching changes recruiting Fla. will be harder so we have to expand while still going after our prime areas. We won't get a lot of players from areas like Connecticut but one or two key players from remote site could make a huge difference in our class. 

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I remember reading somewhere that Friend had burned some bridges with 22 kids and that 23 was gonna be the year when the flood gates opened.  I think I saw that last summer sometime?  I’m sure someone has way more insight than me on that.  Either way I would think it’s easy to convince any Olinemen to come to Auburn this year.  Auburn literally won’t have people at certain positions next season.

• toddc changed the title to 2023 Offensive/Defensive Line Recruiting
On 2/16/2022 at 1:48 PM, toddc said:

Looks like @Zeek has had enough for awhile, but @Paladin could you help me out with this.

@toddc

I would like to but I have started a new job and I do not have time to do much posting.

Also, all the negativity has pulled me away from the site. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Paladin said:

@toddc

I would like to but I have started a new job and I do not have time to do much posting.

Also, all the negativity has pulled me away from the site. 

Negativity ran me off for awhile too. Thanks for everything you’ve done for this recruiting forum this past year or so.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Negativity ran me off for awhile too. Thanks for everything you’ve done for this recruiting forum this past year or so.

Thank you! Appreciate all you do also.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1