2023 Offensive/Defensive Line Recruiting

toddc

Our recruiters have stepped up its game in our area of need. About time! Let's close the deal on as many as possible!

Edited by tbone4jc
  • Like 1

Sounds like he really likes Bellantoni (sp) too. His brother played for FAU, I think, while he was there.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, toddc said:

Sounds like he really likes Bellantoni (sp) too. His brother played for FAU, I think, while he was there.

I like this cat; he comes off of blocks well & he has some good inside & outside moves. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toddc said:

A very impressive player. Would be a great pickup if we could some how pull it off.

On 2/17/2022 at 9:04 AM, Mikey said:

2023 recruits? Ready for O-line play in, say, 2024 or 25? We'd better hit the transfer portal hard before then.

I really don't like the Tony Barbee style of recruiting, which was "Ignore what's readily available in your own back yard and wander off all over the country in search of recruits". That didn't do us any favors in basketball. I see one offered from Connecticut. I'd speculate with some degree of confidence that there are more O-line college prospects in the greater Atlanta area than are in the entire state of Connecticut.

I could be wrong, heaven knows it wouldn't be the first time but I just don't see that many out of state guys wanting to come to Auburn. If these guys are really talented and really have an interest go get them. But right now I'm taking a wait and see.

• Like 2

It is great to see the staff is out recruiting. Hopefully the upcoming Junior day gets some of this talent on campus.  Until I see a recruit on campus I don't get my hopes up at all. For some of the players from way outside of our area if we don't get a visit I don't even consider them to be long shots.

• Like 1

Edited by toddc

2 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Appreciate the heads up on offers, but what position do they play?

Click on the players name and it’ll take you to their page.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Your post seems to be blocked bird 🦅 oops, wrong bird! 😝 

8 hours ago, au302 said:

https://www.on3.com/db/stanton-ramil-147552/

Pink with the Auburn prediction for Ramil today. Would be absolutley huge. #2 OT in the state, from Thompson, and a freaking OT with a great frame on him. Hope he's right, lol. 

That would be huge. It says 6'7" 310 pounds high 3* low 4* depending on site.

https://247sports.com/player/stanton-ramil-46118695/

Edited by AuburnNTexas

• Like 2

• Like 2

New Jersey 4-star DL Sydir Mitchell visiting Auburn in April

Cole Pinkston•26 minutes

While the March recruiting event at Auburn has gotten some attention-grabbing names, there are a few big names who are scheduling visits for April as well. One of those names we can now confirm is New Jersey 4-star DL Sydir Mitchell. He just received an offer from Auburn on Feb. 16.

When new DL coach Jimmy Brumbaughstarted to offer his DL targets, Mitchell was one of the first to get a call. In just a few weeks after receiving an Auburn offer he has now set a visit to Auburn. That is a good sign for Brumbaugh and Auburn. Mitchell plans to be on campus Apr. 2.

The Mitchell File

Mitchell is a massive DL prospect at 6-foot-5 and 345-pounds. He is from Oradell, NJ (Bergen Catholic). To be such a big body, he is pretty good with his feet and has surprising overall athleticism.

Mitchell has over 20 offers from Power-5 schools. Some of the notable offers include Michigan, Penn State, Texas A&M, USC, Georgia, Texas, Florida State, Tennessee, and Auburn.

Two Clips

via GIPHY

You can see here that Mitchell stands up at the point of attack. That is not good. In reality, most high school prospects do this because they can get away with it. Mitchell always can as he is just too powerful for any opponent right now. When he finds the ball carrier, he throws away the OL with ease. 

via GIPHY

This play is pretty crazy. Before the clip, Mitchell is double teamed up front. He starts to fight it, but realizes the QB is flowing away from him. He trails it and gets a gift. This ball had some heat on it and it was not an easy catch for the big guy. Then he gives a stiff arm to get some extra yards. Impressive play for a 340+ 

Edited by toddc

Georgia Tech transfer DL Michael Lockhart in Auburn for unofficial visit

Jeffrey Lee22 minutes
auburn-tigers-defensive-lineman-makes-decision-future-daniel-foster-allen-transfer-portal BIRMINGHAM, AL - DECEMBER 28: An Auburn football lies on the ground for pre-game warmups at the TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl between the Houston Cougars and the Auburn Tigers on December 28, 2021 at Protective Stadium in Birmingham, Alabama. (Photo by Michael Wade/Icon Sportswire)

March 1 is the first day since January 30 recruits could make on-campus visits, and Auburn isn’t wasting any time taking advantage of the opportunity.

Michael Lockhart, a transfer defensive lineman from Georgia Tech, is in Auburn for an unofficial visit, he told AuburnLive.

• Thanks 1