SPC Elite Invitational

all4AU

Final: AU 7 - Texas Tech 1. Freshmen Jessie Blaine and Bri Ellis both homored for Auburn. 

Lowe went 5.0 IP (3 K's) and Penta went 2.0 IP (3 K's). 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I had to step away from the TV for a little bit and when I came back Penta was pitching.

Figured Lowe was just getting a rest, some tough games ahead this weekend.

At the end when the team came out I saw Lowe had ice bags on her left hand and elbow. Is this par for the course for her after pitching, or something to be worried about?

31 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

I had to step away from the TV for a little bit and when I came back Penta was pitching.

Figured Lowe was just getting a rest, some tough games ahead this weekend.

At the end when the team came out I saw Lowe had ice bags on her left hand and elbow. Is this par for the course for her after pitching, or something to be worried about?

Normal post game recovery for pitchers.

Early season probably sparing his pitchers as well. Great to see that 2 freshmen hit homers. Living up to hype so far. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, all4AU said:

Normal post game recovery for pitchers.

Did you notice Shelby had her left wrist taped during the game.  I wondered how she was able to pitch as effectively as she did.  I believe CMD mentioned in the post-game radio broadcast that she had a wrist injury.  Pretty good pitching considering what she was dealing with.  The starting pitcher for Texas Tech (Fritz) had pitched 12 innings in previous games this season and had 9 SO.  I was pleased that we were able to hit her as well as we did.  Of course, the big damage was done by the Ellis three run HR after Fritz was relieved.

Weather looks good rest of week.  Wisconsin at 10:30 tomorrow.  They defeated UCF (run rule) 9 -1 today and recorded their first HR of the season in that game.  Including today their record is 4 - 3.  Losses have been to 3 ranked teams: Kentucky, Virginia Tech and Missouri.  Three batters hitting in low .300's.  Prior to today's game the two primary pitchers have been Schwartz (ERA4.3) and Justman (ERA 5.0). Justman got the win today vs. UCF. They play Notre Dame at 5:30 this evening and then AU tomorrow morning.....3 games in 24 hours.  We seem to have a number of dinged up pitchers.  Do not know if Yarbrough is avaliable.    

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Early season probably sparing his pitchers as well. Great to see that 2 freshmen hit homers. Living up to hype so far. 

very promising. If we can hit an hit well w/ RISP, we could be a very good team with this pitching...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

Did you notice Shelby had her left wrist taped during the game.  I wondered how she was able to pitch as effectively as she did.  I believe CMD mentioned in the post-game radio broadcast that she had a wrist injury.  Pretty good pitching considering what she was dealing with.  The starting pitcher for Texas Tech (Fritz) had pitched 12 innings in previous games this season and had 9 SO.  I was pleased that we were able to hit her as well as we did.  Of course, the big damage was done by the Ellis three run HR after Fritz was relieved.

Weather looks good rest of week.  Wisconsin at 10:30 tomorrow.  They defeated UCF (run rule) 9 -1 today and recorded their first HR of the season in that game.  Including today their record is 4 - 3.  Losses have been to 3 ranked teams: Kentucky, Virginia Tech and Missouri.  Three batters hitting in low .300's.  Prior to today's game the two primary pitchers have been Schwartz (ERA4.3) and Justman (ERA 5.0). Justman got the win today vs. UCF. They play Notre Dame at 5:30 this evening and then AU tomorrow morning.....3 games in 24 hours.  We seem to have a number of dinged up pitchers.  Do not know if Yarbrough is avaliable.    

Coach did mention her wrist. It sounds like we will still see her in the rotation though.

Interview: https://audioboom.com/posts/8033591-auburn-softball-vs-texas-tech-postgame-2-17-22

• Thanks 1

Well this Texas Tech team lost 3 in a row to Oklahoma in 2021 by a total of 40-0.... TX Tech pitching appeared mediocre at best.. Still early and let's see how we do against UCLA as that will be a good litmus test for the them.

Edited by AU1947
Typo

7 hours ago, slot canyon said:

Did you notice Shelby had her left wrist taped during the game.

I saw that. Baseball would never allow a pitcher to have a white wrap on the pitching hand. It seemed odd to me that the wrap didn't at least have to be a different color from the ball.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I saw that. Baseball would never allow a pitcher to have a white wrap on the pitching hand. It seemed odd to me that the wrap didn't at least have to be a different color from the ball.

The ball is fluorescent yellow…..

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, all4AU said:

The ball is fluorescent yellow…..

That's close enough in color that baseball would never allow it. Flesh color or darker should be the lightest permitted.

Auburn Vs Wisconsin in Game 2. 
Offense stays hot and aggressive. Opens game with 4-0 opening top half of 1st inning. Aggressive base running and bloop singles were the ticket. 

Shelby in the circle again for Tigers going to bottom 1. 

Big time hitter for Wisky, big 10 player of the year. May be why we have the spin pitcher of Lowe going. 

Packer takes it deep!! Gone! 
5-0. 

11th Homer of year. Had 26 all of last year!

Wow. 

• Like 5

Also through first 6 games last year we had 31 runs to 13 from opponent. Through 6 this year 57 to 5. 

Shelby quickly gets 1 out.  Strikeout with rise on 3 pitches. 

Single, runner on first. 

Strikeout, 2 outs

Deep drive to center, out 3

Edited by AUBwins

Grounder to 3rd. Lisenby out at 1st. 
Garcia rips a single. 1 on, 1 out 

Pop out at short. 2 outs 

Denver Bryant grounds to 3rd for out 3. 

Edited by AUBwins

1 out. 

1st pitch homer to CF. Packer gave a good effort, crashing through the net fence in the process. 5-1 Auburn. 

Lowe follows up with 4th strikeout. 2 outs. 

Lowe evidently took too much time so was awarded another ball on the count. Lowe eventually walks the slugger. Not a big walk there, slow runner. 

Pop out to McCondiche in LF. Out 3 going to 4.  

Edited by AUBwins

Carly Mc ground out. 

Packer flies out to RF. 2 down

Sydney Cox grounds out to first. 

Only 2 of 12 against the current pitcher. 

Edited by AUBwins

Shelby with 5th strikeout. 1 out. 

Peralta gets the 2nd out at SS. 

Packer brings it in at CF. Another 1-2-3 inning. 

Edited by AUBwins