SPC Elite Invitational

all4AU

Peralta flies out to RF. 

Bri Ellis bombs it to LF but just foul. Dang. 

Error at SS gives Bri first base. 

Aspyn Godwin PH. Hits it deep to the wall. Out but moves runner to 3rd. 2 outs. 

Another loud out in LF for out 3. 

Edited by AUBwins

Gonna have to break off pxp. Hid in office long enough. Need to work lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Gonna have to break off pxp. Hid in office long enough. Need to work lol. 

I can take over for you.

Lowe walks the lead off batter. Another strikeout for Lowe, her 6th of the day. Another strikeout but the runner does steal 2nd. Strikeout number 8 ends the inning.

5-1 Auburn going to the 6th.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Thanks 1

Blaine with a triple to lead off the inning. Auburn's 7th of the season, only had 8 all of last year.

Bryant flies out for out 1.

McCondichie with a 2 run homer!!! Power hitting just so much improved this season!

7-1 Auburn

• Thanks 1

Packer sends one right back up the middle for a single!

Roach grounds out to 2B for the 2nd out but Packer advances to 2nd. Peralta reaches 1st on a walk. Ellis with an RBI double, Packer comes around to score, Peralta on 3rd.

8-1 Auburn!

Yarbrough in to pitch for Lowe.

Gives up a ground rule double on her first batter faced.

A walk on a full-count. Strike out looking for out 1. Foul out for out 2 but no one covered 3rd until late and runners advance. Bad communication between 3rd and Short when both went to go for the foul out.

2 RBI single and it's now 8-3 Auburn. Runner advances to 2nd on the throw home.

Edited by tgrogan21

Geraghty grounds out to the pitcher.

Blaine flies out to CF.

BRYANT WITH ANOTHER HOMER!!!!!

Seriously, the hitting has improved more than I could have ever expected!

9-3 Auburn

• Like 1

Yarbrough went right at Wisconsin's power hitter. Gets up 0-2 and then she grounds into a double play! Amazing pitching from Yarbrough to get out of that.

Auburn wins 9-3! If our offense can continue like this ... watch out SEC!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Yarbrough went right at Wisconsin's power hitter. Gets up 0-2 and then she grounds into a double play! Amazing pitching from Yarbrough to get out of that.

Auburn wins 9-3! If our offense can continue like this ... watch out SEC!

Especially with us having 2 shutdown pitchers, closer, and Yarborough for relief.  We will keep teams from scoring many runs.  Very very impressive.  We have scored a min of 7 runs in each of our 7 games, 9 or more in 5 of them.  War Eagle!

Heard on broadcast, Dean made his hitters hit home runs off the tee. Then made them hit them higher up on the scoreboard when that got easy. It sounds like a true dedication to hitting power and conditioning this year.  Love it!  Dean plans to stick around a while it appears. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Love 1

Competition ramps up now.  Face #9 Texas this afternoon 4/3ct and #3 UCLA Saturday. 

I like how we saved Penta for tonight.  Other than the 2 innings yesterday.  She should be fresh

23 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Especially with us having 2 shutdown pitchers, closer, and Yarborough for relief.  We will keep teams from scoring many runs.  Very very impressive.  We have scored a min of 7 runs in each of our 7 games, 9 or more in 5 of them.  War Eagle!

Heard on broadcast, Dean made his hitters hit home runs off the tee. Then made them hit them higher up on the scoreboard when that got easy. It sounds like a true dedication to hitting power and conditioning this year.  Love it!  Dean plans to stick around a while it appears. 

I haven't been confident in Dean but if he can turn it around this year, I'll be so happy. The first big test comes in an hour, though, so we can see just how these bats translate to top 15 pitching.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I haven't been confident in Dean but if he can turn it around this year, I'll be so happy. The first big test comes in an hour, though, so we can see just how these bats translate to top 15 pitching.

I noticed we are still being aggressive at any turn on the bases just like we've done in past.  Maybe Dean just needed to upgrade the talent to do what he needs to.  He has built a good roster now that can lead to success like his James Madison years.  Still amazed that no pitcher left early.  That could be what gets us to the WCWS this year. 

4 minutes ago, TD1 said:

Packer leads off the 2nd game against UT with another home run. 

I'm assuming that the Longhorn Network isn't apart of Hulu Live's package? Can't get the game to play on the ESPN App

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

I'm assuming that the Longhorn Network isn't apart of Hulu Live's package? Can't get the game to play on the ESPN App

I don't believe it is. I'm having to listen to the broadcast on Auburn's site.